BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:53:01 PM EDT
... a tough question.

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8620606

And the question is this:  

If you say, "No new taxes on the middle class."

Then you propose a bill that says:  "Buy the right kind of mandatory insurance plan or we will fine you,"  what does that make you.

Hint:   LIAR.

It was funny watching the spin.

Watch:

Suppose I Claim:  A $25,000 'transfer fee' to change title of a ski town condo is not a tax.   Its a 'fee.'    Or I say:  "A 'transfer fee' by the State of Colorado in the amount of $200 per every transfer of a firearm, that's not a tax either. Its just to pay for the instacheck."

You all would respond:   "Gonzo, you dipshit.....   A 'fee', or 'excise,' or 'surcharge,' or whatever that is collected under compulsion, that goes  to the government coffers, and is spent by government folks on on government programs is a fucking tax.  LOOK it even says so in the dictionary.    Under definition number '1' "

Gonzo says:  "AHA!   The fact you went to the dictionary proves its a stretch. "

And every goes:

Believe it or not, that's what OBAMA says.   That the fact that someone pointed out that he's ignoring the textbook definition of a word belies desperation on the part of the critics, not him.

Uh, no fuckhead.   We go to the dictionary because you're interpretation is so basically and fundamentally fucked up that it actually clashes with the meaning of the fucking words in question.   But I guess in Obama world up is down, down is up, and a bunch of money flowing from the middle class to the government is not a 'tax' because, well, because they say so.

:-/
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
As I said in the "Wookie thread":

You can put lipstick on a Wookie, but it's still a Wookie.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Obama is a liar. This is news?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I see he didn't pull his nose or touch his forehead.

That was well rehearsed; he must have been given the question long before the interview.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawyer Politicians playing symantics??  unheard of

and his minions will go out and spread the same lines, half truths, and bald faced lies as Gospel truth, never to be challenged by the MSM

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Kinda like some other president waffling on what the definition of sex is.  I see a pattern.

Gonzo - our state legislators have been playing the fee vs. tax semantics games for  years.  You're right on the money.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]

It depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
That Fuckin Obummer would climb a tree to lie before he would stand on the ground and tell the truth, Quit lying Mr. President that is why your ears are so fuckin big !
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
for some reason this reminds me of the whole "it's not gay if a dude gets a blow job from another dude, but it IS gay for a dude to give a blow job." debate.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Obama isn't a liar, he's confused and he's changing things around on the fly because he is out of his depth. This country elected someone who has never done anything in his life, other than sit in the Senate for a term.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
As I was discussing healthcare with a friend I realized that being involved in any type of insurance is a form of collectivism. It relies on the collective resources of many to work.

Mandating that people have to buy health insurance is one thing, that's simply a law. If the citizen purchases private health care, though their money is not reaching government coffer,s is it still a tax? I would fully agree that if they are mandated to buy health insurance and they pay into the "public option" it is a tax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top