Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:06:14 PM EDT
What would cause your sight to go all kaleidoscopey where you had trouble reading. I was at the doctor thur. and he said he didn't know and didn't seemed concerned, the stupid fuck!  It comes and goes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
in first on poll too bad I'm not a DR. I wanted to see what the results were.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it's the beer bottle you're looking through.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the doctor do ANYTHING? Did he do vital signs? What's your blood pressure? You say it comes and goes...when? Is it certain times or when you do certain things? Seriously, what brings it on? Any history of vision problems? Any family history of stroke? We need a LOT more information.

It could literally be thousands of different things. Up to and including nothing to worry about.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Your doctor is a frigging idiot; get a new one.

You had a migraine headache with what is know as a migraine aura.  Some people can experience the migraine aura only without ever having a headache.

Here are some examples:

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you have a headache right afterwards?  Sensitive to light?

I get mild migraines and when they start I get an aura (you've actually described it better than I ever have), kinda like looking over hot asphalt through the heat waves.  Lasts for around 20 minutes then I get a headache.  Taking 800 mg Ibuprofen or something as soon as it's noticed seems to help.

I'm not a MD, DO, PA, etc, but my sister is a PA.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Was this your Doctor?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My blood pressure Right now is 173/80. These come and go with no headache. The second picture is almost like what my sight is. I excersise real heavy. Doctor says I am overdoing it. Sight is okay now. everything is back to normbal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You had a migraine headache with what is know as a migraine aura.  Some people can experience the migraine aura only without ever having a headache.

Here are some examples:

http://www.akobaart.com/Migraine%20Aura.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ewCRrSoDIHw/SFp4VxnOD4I/AAAAAAAAARU/UkLtqMA-EP8/s320/Roger_Heaton_Migraine_Images_1992Small-704687.jpg
I'm so glad you can instantly diagnose problems over the internet with next to no information

OP, it could be nothing, or it could be significant. There is nothing wrong with seeking a second opinion, or setting an appointment with an eye doc if this continues to bother you.

Personally, if it has only happened once, and doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My blood pressure Right now is 173/80. These come and go with no headache. The second picture is almost like what my sight is. I excersise real heavy. Doctor says I am overdoing it. Sight is okay now. everything is back to normbal.

I might get one a year and never have a headache.

Google up migraine and migraine aura and find out for yourself.  Migraines can be triggered by eating nuts, aged cheeses, red wine, etc.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google up migraine and migraine aura and find out for yourself.  Migraines can be triggered by eating nuts, aged cheeses, red wine, etc.

The OP has stated he gets no headache, so I doubt it is a migraine aura. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so why don't you pipe down and stop giving bad advice, even if its just on the internet.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How old are you? How much do you weigh? Height?

That b/p is way too high for anybody. Are you on b/p meds?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you have Diabetes?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here are some examples:

http://www.akobaart.com/Migraine%20Aura.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ewCRrSoDIHw/SFp4VxnOD4I/AAAAAAAAARU/UkLtqMA-EP8/s320/Roger_Heaton_Migraine_Images_1992Small-704687.jpg

This

ETA after reading remaining posts:  It's possible to have migraine auras with no headaches.   I would NOT dismiss this and follow up with a Dr.  I'd also suggest a visit to an ophthalmologist (NOT optometrist) to make sure there are no other optic issues as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The OP has stated he gets no headache, so I doubt it is a migraine aura. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so why don't you pipe down and stop giving bad advice, even if its just on the internet.

Because the doctor that I went to about my migraine auras told me that quite a few people get the migraine aura but never have experience the headache.  Have you ever had one or been to the doctor for this?  

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you? How much do you weigh? Height?

That b/p is way too high for anybody. Are you on b/p meds?

I agree his BP is too high, and when I first went to my MD for the aura / headaches I was getting I was diagnosed with high BP.  Looks like a classic case to me, but I'm not a doctor.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Human Bot Fly Larvae!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Your BP is ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY THREE over eighty?!?!??

That's not a typo???????????

Dude, get to the ER.

How did you determine your BP, and when?  Mine hits 135 if I've been under high stress just prior to taking it.  The only time I've been consistently that high without some high-stress event was when I went on a new medication a few months ago, and it triggered temporarily high BP of around 140/90.  I was so sick I couldn't function for two weeks until my body got used to the meds.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It's down to 166/73
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's down to 166/73

Still way to high you need to find a new doctor ASAP. How far are you from NOVA? I can recommend one in Reston to you.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife gets the vision problem once in a while and our doc claims it is a migraine.  She never gets the headache, but her vision gets all screwy like you've described.  She relaxes and it goes away.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you have Diabetes?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the doctor that I went to about my migraine auras told me that quite a few people get the migraine aura but never have experience the headache.  Have you ever had one or been to the doctor for this?  

The point is you are latching onto one specific diagnosis based on limited information given to you in an internet post. The differential diagnosis for vision abnormalities is enormous. While migraine auras are a possibility I suppose, there are a lot of other things that it could be. Given that it appears the OP has uncontrolled hypertension, that is much more likely the culprit than auras from a non-existent migraine.

This brings me to another point about asking for help with medical problems here on ARFCOM. Without, at the very least, the medical hx and a thorough explanation of the symptoms, we are just grasping at straws as to the etiology of the complaint (which honestly is just as likely here anyway without personal interaction with the patient). While some of our resident Docs do stop in to these threads to give their opinion, they almost always recommend seeing a real doc because without physical interaction an accurate diagnosis is very difficult.

OP, you need to see a doc. If the B/Ps you are giving us are correct, you need to control your BP. Its a possible cause of the symptoms you describe, and needs to be regulated regardless. If your current doctor is passing this off as nothing, find another one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top