Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 1:54:51 PM EDT

I love the movie, especially the "Yo homie, is that my briefcase?" scene

BUT

It seems that all realism went out the window for the "club scene" that happens in the middle of the movie.

There are four separate groups of people involved in the shootout, the FBI Agents, the Mexican mob, the Korean club security, and Vincent/Max

There are at least half a dozen FBI agents in the club, and they provoke the Korean guards into shooting. Once the shooting starts and an agent is hit, the FBI guys all but dissappear. The Korean security guys start to open fire on the crowd, which causes Vincent to break plan. This causes the Mexicans to decide to take out Max. Vincent then shoots the Mexicans, and starts shooting the Koreans. All the while, Vincents target, the fat Korean guy, just sits in the booth waiting to be shot.

I cant help but wonder a few things:

-Vincent is going around the perimeter of the dance floor snapping the bouncers necks and taking out guards one by one. Nobody seems to care beyond the handful of people that see him do it. A few minutes go by, a lot of people are shot, but the club remains packed. Multiple guards are killed right in front of him, yet the fat Korean guy (the target of the assassination) doesnt even try to get up and leave or make an escape. Then Vincent strolls right up to him and shoots him in the face, yet nobody, FBI agents included, notice him and shoot at him.

Its still a cool scene, but it seems like it could have been thought out a little better.

Thoughts?

Heres the clip

CLUB SHOOTOUT

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
On a completely UNRELATED note, I just found out that Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) plays the drug lord that hires Vincent.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It isnt all that unbelievable for me, compared to the shitty happy hollywood ending

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a freaking movie!!!!!....Written by 16 yrs old hitman wannabe's whose lifes spins around videogames and developing mall ninja skills.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
i liked minority report also with maverick

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
You must consider, ever though gunshots are loud indoors, most clubs are BLARING dance music with heavy beats. Not to mention most if not all are high something. The FBI agents, of which there wasn't that many, provide cover once the leader is shot in the leg and just hang back. Even though the Korean is aware of the threat, he probably doesn't know what the hell's going on and freezes like a deer in headlights.

Also, by the time Vincent gets to the crime boss, the crowd begins to notice the guns, gunshots, and dead bodies. That's why when Vincent plugs the Korean, there's an ever-widening clearing around him. I really like the movie, even though the ending is stupid. Stupid, but only because I wanted Vincent to win
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Tom is a ninja. Even his shots are stealthy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Re:  The FBI being out of the game once the shooting starts:   Of course.   The good guys have some rules they have to follow.  One of those is no gun  play (by them) in crowded clubs.   Once they failed to take "Vincent" absent shooting there's not much they could have done.

Re:  Bystanders:    I saw an unfortunate scene in college where jilted guy spilled a guy's intestines over his shoes in a popular club using a knife.  People react to abject violence in their AO by getting the fuck out of there.   Plenty of people saw Vincent fucking folks up, but no one's going to get involved.   Vincent is wearing a nice suit.  He's looking professional.  People in the place are yelling FBI.   A good majority of the  bystanders are going to assume he's  there fighting crime.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It isnt all that unbelievable for me, compared to the shitty happy hollywood ending

The ending was so lame it made me hate the whole movie.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a freaking movie!!!!!....Written by 16 yrs old hitman wannabe's whose lifes spins around videogames and developing mall ninja skills.

Actually it was by Michael Mann, who is arguably the best "shootout" director in all of Hollywood.

Does the movie "Heat" ring a bell?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTJFH

In Before the Jamie Fox Haters
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IBTJFH

Too late. I think he's a douche, or at least has douche tendencies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTJFH

Too late. I think he's a douche, or at least has douche tendencies.

Jamie Foxx is a HUGE TOOL

He ruined the entire "Miami Vice" film because he didnt feel comfortable flying to a remote location to film, so the script was re-written and drastically affected the quality

Not to mention he is just a whiny asshole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top