Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 11:20:04 AM EDT
like the title says, I need some help. It's ridiculous to try to find the right one. I can't tell which have NV and which ones have or don't have the 1moa reticle or the 65moa or both, and one with both and a bullet drop comp. This is breaking me down

I need one in the $500 range with

- AAs
- 1moa and 65moa reticle
-  I don't really need NV capability but I wouldn't mind it either
- don't need a QD/QR mount, I'll just  be mounting it on the flat top.

Thanks in advance

Sam

ETA: If any one you guys have the one with the bullet drop reticle, would you recommend it?

ETA 2: Is the only difference between the model 552 an 512 the NV switch?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
557.AR223

Does everything you want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#2]
My 552 is great.  Anecdotally, it seems to be the most reliable model.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the one with the double AA's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a specific reason you want an EOTech?

Quoted:

like the title says, I need some help. It's ridiculous to try to find the right one. I can't tell which have NV and which ones have or don't have the 1moa reticle or the 65moa or both, and one with both and a bullet drop comp. This is breaking me down

- AAs

- 1moa and 65moa reticle

Thanks in advance

Sam

ETA: If any one you guys have the one with the bullet drop reticle, would you recommend it?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

- AAs
- 1moa and 65moa reticle

Thanks in advance

Sam

I've handled Aimpoints and such before, but I really like the fact that the Eotech is paralax free, and the reticle's awesome too Battle proven.... reticle doesn't disperse in water.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

- AAs
- 1moa and 65moa reticle

Thanks in advance

Sam

I've handled Aimpoints and such before, but I really like the fact that the Eotech is paralax free, and the reticle's awesome too Battle proven.... reticle doesn't disperse in water.

I was just playing with an Aimpoint yesterday for the hundredth time, and although they have an edge in toughness and battery life I still think the EOTech sight picture dominates the competition.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- AAs

- 1moa and 65moa reticle

Thanks in advance

Sam

I've handled Aimpoints and such before, but I really like the fact that the Eotech is paralax free, and the reticle's awesome too
Battle proven.... reticle doesn't disperse in water.

Are you going to be shooting your AR underwater?

Also, whoever told you that Aimpoints had parallax?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

- AAs
- 1moa and 65moa reticle

Thanks in advance

Sam

Are you going to be shooting your AR underwater?  

Also, whoever told you that Aimpoints had parallax?

When I'm in the rain or mt rifle ahs been in water I was under the impression that Aimpoints were just high dollar/tough red-dot sights with parallax?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you going to be shooting your AR underwater?   [div]
[div]

Never miss a good underwater bump fire opportunity.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two carbines. One with Eotech 512 and one with an Aimpoint comp 3. I like both and have never had problems with either. I like the recticle on the Eotech better. I also like the fact it takes AA's. The Aimpoint battery is expensive and not very common.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
For every 1  time you swap the batteries in your Aimpoint you'll have done it 5-6  times for your EOTech

Quoted:

I have two carbines. One with Eotech 512 and one with an Aimpoint comp 3. I like both and have never had problems with either. I like the recticle on the Eotech better. I also like the fact it takes AA's. The Aimpoint battery is expensive and not very common.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

ditto.....if anecdotally means what I think it doesl
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#15]
552 or 557
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the only difference between the model 552 an 512 the NV switch?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top