Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 11:02:41 AM EDT
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=123554&catid=339

ARAPAHOE COUNTY - Three men clad in camouflage pants were stopped by federal agents overnight after they were found walking around the apartment complex where a terror suspect lives. Two of the men were carrying loaded firearms.

Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation stopped the men as they walked through the parking lot of the Vistas at Saddle Rock Apartments, located at 22959 East Smoky Hill Road. The FBI was at the complex because they've been investigating terror suspect Najibullah Zazi, who lives there.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department says one of the men, 37-year-old Brian Laro, was armed with a loaded AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder and another man, 24-year-old Timothy Guinn, had a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol tucked into his waistband. The third suspect was unarmed.

The men told agents they had been at Laro's apartment "having a few beers" when they heard what they thought was a gunshot, then they went to investigate.

Authorities say Laro had a blood alcohol level of .123, while Guinn's registered at .020.

Laro was arrested and taken to the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Detention's Facility where he was held on a $750 bond on charges of prohibited use of a weapon and disorderly conduct.

Guinn was released at the scene and his deputies say his concealed weapons permit was confiscated pending a review of the incident.

Deputies say the firearms were placed into evidence.

User names?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk about a dumb ass
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]
At first I thought they were there to clean house, then i read on and saw the were drunken asshats, some people.... At least the situation ended without shots being fired.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
If the pistol was tucked in the waist band, then it is not concealed.  

Is there a law there prohibiting open carry?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He didn't necessarily have his shirt tucked in, Grandpa
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to mention drinking while carrying. Probobly illegal in itself
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
People have simply bought into the "alcohol is teh debil!" shit too far.

So if I've been drinking, and I hear gun shots and screaming in my front yard, it should be illegal for me to grab a gun and go investigate?  Not saying that is what happened here, but that is the logical conclusion.

I hate REAL drunk drivers, and I hate being around large gatherings of stupid drunk people.  But what I hate even more, is how we have been brainwashed to automatically assume someone who has been drinking is in the wrong.

The brainwashing is deep too.  Look at DUI statistics.  "Every year XXX number of people are killed by drunk drivers."  Probably 25% of those were killed by people who were actually too drunk to drive and hit someone because they were inebriated.  But how many of those accidents do you think would have happened ANYWAY, but one driver happened to have had two beers, so suddenly it is an alcohol related incident?  Nobody ever stops to ask that question, because the idea that "alcohol is teh debil" is already assumed from the get go.

For the record, I never drive and never carry when I have been drinking.  I just get tired of the fucking panty twisting.

eta:  And the guys in this article probably were jackasses, that is my hunch...but i don't know I wasn't there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#9]
hey cooter! put yer beer down. Let's go nail those camel jockys next door. derp.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#10]
tards
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At first I thought they were there to clean house, then i read on and saw the were drunken asshats, some people.... At least the situation ended without shots being fired.

.02 is far from drunk. If there hadn't been a suspected terrorist in the complex all would have been fine. Instead the country is spending a ton of money protecting this ROP pig fucker.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People have simply bought into the "alcohol is teh debil!" shit too far.

So if I've been drinking, and I hear gun shots and screaming in my front yard, it should be illegal for me to grab a gun and go investigate?  Not saying that is what happened here, but that is the logical conclusion.

This is Arfcom GD. Chalk full of hipocrisy, monday morning quarter backing & e-penis posturing.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't necessarily have his shirt tucked in, Grandpa

"Three men clad in camouflage pants"
did they even have shirts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top