Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 10:52:44 AM EDT
No pics, but I did get a video of her firing a single shot on my .44.

Youtube link.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like she might have pissed her pants!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Not cool

Quoted:

No pics, but I did get a video of her firing a single shot on my .44.

Youtube link

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Video is too dark.

Seems like a cutie.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
your a terrible brother

tag for moar pics of your sis
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
was this like a date or something?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, did no one read the video description? She asked to shoot it after she was done putting about 300 rounds of .22 downrange. I helped her with her grip, coached her a bit on what the recoil was like, and she pulled the trigger. She wasn't pissed off or anything, just surprised.

Jesus Christ...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow, did no one read the video description? She asked to shoot it after she was done putting about 300 rounds of .22 downrange. I helped her with her grip, coached her a bit on what the recoil was like, and she pulled the trigger. She wasn't pissed off or anything, just surprised.

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

You start with lighter loads and work up.  There should be no surprise; the student should know exactly what to expect.  "Watch one/do one/teach one."  The objective of teaching is to foster success, and a feeling of accomplishment. If the student runs is surprised and runs away, the teacher failed.  But, that's OK, you are as new to teaching as your sister is to shooting.  You and she will both do better next time.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#8]
epic muzzle flash
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quick course:

.22 ––> .380 ––> .38 Special ––> .357 Mag ...

Get the picture?

She was scared from the start. But hey, I have a little sister too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

You start with lighter loads and work up.  There should be no surprise; the student should know exactly what to expect.  "Watch one/do one/teach one."  The objective of teaching is to foster success, and a feeling of accomplishment. If the student runs is surprised and runs away, the teacher failed.  But, that's OK, you are as new to teaching as your sister is to shooting.  You and she will both do better next time.

Get off your high horse. You know nothing about the brother and sister dynamic of these two. So please shut up anytime.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

it's his sister

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's his sister

The question stands.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's his sister

The question stands.

He's not from Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#14]
A comment clear and to the point without a doubt.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's his sister

The question stands.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

agree
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A comment clear and to the point without a doubt.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's his sister

The question stands.

WTF??? It's obvious that some people here do not grasp the concept of genetically related siblings.

As far as working her up caliber-wise, obviously that would have been ideal for learning purposes. But yes, sibling dynamics came into play.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#17]
oh my god, oh my god.......................... BANG!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

You start with lighter loads and work up. There should be no surprise; the student should know exactly what to expect. "Watch one/do one/teach one." The objective of teaching is to foster success, and a feeling of accomplishment. If the student runs is surprised and runs away, the teacher failed. But, that's OK, you are as new to teaching as your sister is to shooting. You and she will both do better next time.

Get off your high horse. You know nothing about the brother and sister dynamic of these two. So please shut up anytime.

And you know all about their family life?  Milquetoast is exactly right when it comes to teaching someone how to shoot or letting someone shoot a really big gun.  All it takes is one bad experience and you just turned someone into someone that doesn't like guns.  In fact it can go beyond that.  If you tell a girl you are going to teach her how to shoot and she sees a video like that, she will be scared to death before she ever pulls the trigger.

My female boss was at a family even last year and they were shooting skeet.  They handed her a 12 guage, said it didn't kick much, gave her no instruction on how to hold the gun, and let her have at it.  She left with a bruise on her shoulder and said she will probably never shoot again.  So much for family dynamics.  I'm sure all the men there got a kick out of it though.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

You start with lighter loads and work up. There should be no surprise; the student should know exactly what to expect. "Watch one/do one/teach one." The objective of teaching is to foster success, and a feeling of accomplishment. If the student runs is surprised and runs away, the teacher failed. But, that's OK, you are as new to teaching as your sister is to shooting. You and she will both do better next time.

And you know all about their family life?  Milquetoast is exactly right when it comes to teaching someone how to shoot or letting someone shoot a really big gun.  All it takes is one bad experience and you just turned someone into someone that doesn't like guns.  In fact it can go beyond that.  If you tell a girl you are going to teach her how to shoot and she sees a video like that, she will be scared to death before she ever pulls the trigger.

My female boss was at a family even last year and they were shooting skeet.  They handed her a 12 guage, said it didn't kick much, gave her no instruction on how to hold the gun, and let her have at it.  She left with a bruise on her shoulder and said she will probably never shoot again.  So much for family dynamics.  I'm sure all the men there got a kick out of it though.

This thread is not going where I thought it would go.

I can understand how that would turn off anyone to shooting. However, I can say, having known my sister for 18 years, that she was certainly not turned off to shooting. And in my case, I gave her about 3 minutes of solid instruction on how to manage large-caliber revolver recoil.
She texted me this morning and said she wanted to go shooting again, so I take that as a positive sign.

EDIT: Just texted her about the video, she said "tell those guys to shut up, if I hated it y did i walk away smiling?" I rest my case...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

Great, you don't agree. Too bad it's his fucking sister and it doesn't matter what you think.

I swear, some of you guys just can't be happy unless you're bitching and moaning about something.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Don't blame Him - He didn't have anything to do with it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to go with: that's hilarious.

It's his sister.  It's not his liberal-who-he-is-trying-to-convert date.  She seemed to manage the recoil pretty well to be honest.  She just freaked out a bit.  Likely would have happened no matter how many "lesser" calibers she had shot before she shot that one.  Not to mention the fact that she asked to shoot it, and I am sure he made it very clear that it would have a stouter recoil than what she had been shooting prior.

Anyhow, it's not like .44 is all that bad.  Try .454 with 300grn softpoints.  That would have been mean.  This was just funny.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Is she HOT???

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

The recoil should always surpruise you.  Just sayin.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
i hate when people give new shooters high recoil guns.  it scares people away.  even if she did ask you could just say next time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Only thing worse than giving a new shooter a .44mag is giving a new shooter a 44mag in an enclosed small space like that little indoor range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#27]
After reading the replies, I have a new opinion.
Hahaha, that was hilarious! Too bad she didn't hit her head when the muzzle came up. Better yet,
it would have been better if she let go of the gun and it went flying! Oh crap, this is comedy gold!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Does your sister make the same noises in bed?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Dude, you did good.  It looks to me like she had fun, was excited, and the smile on her face says she enjoyed it despite the shock.

Tell all the haters to fuck off.  The recoil Nancys on this site sickitate me sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

I can understand how that would turn off anyone to shooting. However, I can say, having known my sister for 18 years, that she was certainly not turned off to shooting. And in my case, I gave her about 3 minutes of solid instruction on how to manage large-caliber revolver recoil.

She texted me this morning and said she wanted to go shooting again, so I take that as a positive sign.

EDIT: Just texted her about the video, she said "tell those guys to shut up, if I hated it y did i walk away smiling?" I rest my case...

Stay the hell out of this argument. It's not about you!

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
oh my god, oh my god.......................... BANG!

My first thought too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice way to make her not like big ones.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Stupid in more ways than one.  But as long as you're not on the same range with me I don't give a rat's ass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stupid in more ways than one.  But as long as you're not on the same range with me I don't give a rat's ass.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Dude, you did good. It looks to me like she had fun, was excited, and the smile on her face says she enjoyed it despite the shock.

Tell all the haters to fuck off. The recoil Nancys on this site sickitate me sometimes.

No shit.

Let me nephew shoot my 45-70 when he was 15. Recoil scared the shit out of him.

Two months later he had one of his own. Now shoots a 300 weatherby mag.

Ooh, the recoil is going to hurt her... remove sand from the vag guys. Not everyone runs away scared. Wow.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Good for her...why don't you buy a .357 magnum for her as a starter handgun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ...

Still not cool.

They never do.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Not cool at all.  You can easily ruin someone wanting to shoot that way.  

In all fairness, I did the same thing to my sister a long, long time ago.  She has yet to ever fire another round since.  
It was funny at the time, being young and stupid, but looking back it was a very immature and stupid thing to do and does nothing to help gain another on the pro side of the second amendment.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought it was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Not good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like you did good to me.  I, like most here, hate to see a newbie scared to death by someone who lets them shoot something they know will traumatize them.  That is not the case here.  Good for you!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's his sister

The question stands.

He's not from Oklahoma.

Oh no you di-int!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#43]
You all sayin that he "ruined her from shooting again" STFU. You have no idea. Do any of you know her? No you don't, he does. All of your little stories about how someone else shot a big gun and they don't want to shoot again ever. Oh well they fucked up and Cool Story Bro. Its funny to see all of you cry about somthing that you you have no clue about. She tried it and i saw a smile on her face. Do i think she will shoot a 44 again, beats me, but I didn't see anything that says to me that she doesn't want to shoot again.

jeez.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread is what you get for not posting pics, OP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#45]
she'll have a desert eagle before the week is out.....going

OH MY GOD !!! OH MY GOD !!!!! It is sooooooo big .....
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top