Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 10:27:35 AM EDT
In the market for electronic ear pro.  Any particular brand/model worth checking out or staying away from?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i love my peltor's sports - really nice and less than $100 from LaRue

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just ordered a set of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-Xs. The research I did seemed to indicate that they were just about the best on the market, at least in their price range. They've got sealed battery compartments and are waterproof, which protected them from sweat and rain(which is evidently a pretty common killer of electronic earmuffs). They also get something like 600 hours on a set of batteries.

They are expensive, but they should hold up to a lot of use.

I've got a set of these. Inside my house, at high volume setting, the sound of my pants brushing across the carpet as I walk sounds like a waterfall. Without them, I can barely hear the refrigerator compressor running, with them on I can hear the coolant trickling inside the pipes, thru the compressor motor noise.

The chances of anyone sneaking up on me with these on is zero. Sort of like night vision, only for my ears.

Outside and at the range, my guns sound just the way I like them, crisp, clear, and you can count the echoes. Not real loud, just like gunshots on TV. Conversation soulds about like it does with them off, and at the higher settings, you can hear a lot more birds and crickets than normal.

The only problems I've had were with high wind. It can really make a lot of noise in the pick-up microphones, almost drowning out conversation. Maybe more foam windscreen over the microphones would cut down on this, but maybe not too, I am talking about wind that roars in your ears when the headphones aren't over them.

Very satisfied, and I am looking at picking up a second pair for shooting guests.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#5]
HOWARD LEIGHT

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't go wrong with Peltors.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]
My Peltor Tac 7 are awesome.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I have pro-mag dimension plus but I am not sure if I would buy them again. They work well, but they are thicker than I was hoping for. I'd go for the slimmer ones.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Peltors.  Hands down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top