Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 8:20:10 PM EDT
Moving back to CA.

I have been here in TX going on 1yr Mar 16th. So far, I have had a sucky job. Been unemployed 5 mos of that year. Compared to my life in CA, I have almost 0 social life. Haven't had a girlfriend since I left CA. One of the reasons of me moving here is to be able to partake in my hobby of firearms. Well having taken a 30% paycut, and still having the same amount of bills to pay as when I was in CA, I am too broke to do so. Matter of fact, I've had to sell one of my Glocks and take one of my AR's to the pawnshop. Funny cause in CA I could afford my hobby, but could not buy what I wanted. I really love what I do for a career, and TX is not where my industry is at. I really can't see myself doing anything else.

So why am I posting instead of packing up and leaving? Well I really like the political climate here in TX. That was the biggest complaint I had while living in CA.

So my lease is up at the end of Mar. and really contemplating on moving back.

So I ask you guys.....If you were in my situation. What would you do?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Well bud, you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

But I sure would hate to see someone move out of the free world and back into occupied territory.

On the other hand, we know you would try to change the political climate for the better.

But you'ld still be pissin' in the wind. [:D]

Good luck on your search.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't know what sector you're line of work is, but AZ is quite gun-friendly.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
LT, what about moving to the southern edge of New Hampshire?  You can work in Boston, which has a medium-size financial services industry, and live in a free state.  You get to spend about 45 minutes each way in traffic fighting off the rabid PRMA psychos, though.

I have no idea what the dating scene is like, but if you hang out in bars in Boston after work, there are more college bimbos than you can shake your stick at.  Ahem. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey bro, maybe you could stay in TX, and move closer to a big college campus?

You're not old (not that old, anyway), and there is always something goin' on. [;)]

Best of luck with whatever you decide! [beer]

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LT, what about moving to the southern edge of New Hampshire?  You can work in Boston....
View Quote

Are you kidding; in that climate he couldn't sport enough wood to support a one legged hummingbird! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Just an idea, but why not move back to Cali, and leave your shit somewhere like phoenix. Someplace either with a good airport that you can fly into cheaply to play, or close enough to drive there for some real fun. You could possibly earn enough money in Cali to buy a place in the free world to enjoy your passtimes. Like somewhere in Nevada or Arizona. There has got to be cheap land in those areas.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, LT, tough call.  Sounds like you've made some friends in TX, but there's nothing like family and those who know you really well.  We're alot of things in life, and that includes who we know, what we value, where/why we work.  I guess you just have to figure out what the most important things are to you and act accordingly.  

I'll utter the blasphemy: there's more to life than guns (gasp!).  If you'd be happier overall in CA, then move back.  Despite what some people may want you to believe, there's no shame in living in CA.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Good luck whatever you decide, lordtrader.
You can store your guns at my place for free should you move back to PRK.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
You don't really want to know what I think about moving to California. Hell, I don't even want to visit there. I [b]have[/b] to make a trip there for a couple of days in July and I'm not too happy about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
LT, With all them Pretty girls in Texas, No luck? Knowone say's you have 2 go back to Kali. Try another State.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#13]
If you do decide to go back let me know and I'll buy all of your high cap mags since you can't take them with you.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Why? He owned them all before he left, IIRC.  [;)]

And you're right, I don't need to know what you think about CA.  But, of course, your principles won't stop you from visiting for "a few days" will they?

[:P]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
LT, if memory serves me correctly your gig is brokerage. If that is the case, you know the scene - your bread is buttered by those you know, and those that you make contact with, impress, and come to trust you decision making skills.

In CA., presumably you know people. What have you done in TX? Joined the chamber of comm? Run for an election? Gotten appointed to any civic committees? Joined the boards of any charitable orgs?

The song is the same anywhere. Business is personal connections. Many important community decisions are brokered in a backroom. You HAVE to be one of those people.

Brokerage / financial services is taking a bit of a beating everywhere right now. Give it some re-work your game plan. Give it some time.

The Ladies? Well..... we all know, you could be the fugliest mo fo in the whole world; but if you got grip and some fresh gear - you got more ladies than you know what to do with.

Good luck.

Edited to say - in reading this, it looks like I be edjamacated - lol. I think you get the point though. More importantly, I don't care about how it looks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top