Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 7:43:05 PM EDT
I've been beating myself up all day on whether or not to buy a weapon they have on sale at the BX.  They've got some kind of Steyr bolt action 308 at the BX here for $700.00 and I've been going back and forth on it all day.  I think it's the Steyr SBS.  Anybody know anything about these?

[url]http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/sbs/index.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
More info needed - SBS Pro Hunter? new - used?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have to worry about it that much just get it. It's only money!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
[shock] they have guns at the BX ???   what a lucky guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  [:)]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
More info needed - SBS Pro Hunter? new - used?  
View Quote

Pro Hunter I think.  and it's new.  I can't find a web-page that lists all of Steyr guns.  It looks like the one at the URL I posted before.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a sale catalog from CDNN [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url] today.
They're showing new Steyr ProHunter Mountain's for $499, ProHunter Compacts for $499, and Forester Walnut's for $529.
Stainless on the Compact is $559. Choice of calibers.
If you go to their web site, click on "newest catalog", or call 1-800-588-9500
They're also showing some Steyr Scout rifles and Steyr CISM Match/Snipers

Hope you find what you want.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have any plans of shooting it off a bipod, don't buy it unless you want to drop another $600 on a McMillian stock.  I have the SBS Tactical, and while overall the rile is really nice, the stock is a complete POS.  It is so flimsy, especially at the fore end that simply resting it on the bopid will cause the stock to flex to touch the barrel.  Shotgun News had a write-up on the rifle a couple of issues ago and had the same results.  Since the rifle isn't very prevalent, McMillian is the only one that makes a replacement stock for it, short of going complete custom.

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top