BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2009 11:28:03 PM EDT

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Buffalo News:

When the storm hit, Zeitoun stayed, to protect his house, help friends and clients, and watch over properties he and Kathy owned: their office building and houses bought as investments. Kathy and their four children evacuated to Baton Rouge.

Zeitoun weathered the storm’s harrowing landfall, and ended up in a tent on his house’s roof. He dug a secondhand canoe out of the garage and began paddling around, seeing how he could help. He spent the first days aiding neighbors and strangers, saving the life of at least one person trapped in her house, and even feeding stranded dogs.

Then the standing feet of water became toxic with organic material and spilled pollutants, his meetings with people became more fraught and weird, he saw his first body and his first criminal entrepreneurs, and decided it was time to go. And that’s when the unnatural disaster happened.

On Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2005, armed and badged black-uniformed men and a tall woman in a power boat appeared at the door of one of his properties that he, his tenant, and two others were using as a meeting place because it still had a working phone. Zeitoun was in the middle of a call with his brother Ahmad, a ship captain, calling from Spain to repeat his pleas to Zeitoun to leave town.

With no questions asked and no questions allowed, Zeitoun and the others were handcuffed and shackled at automatic weapon-point, dropped into the boat, and taken away; the officers didn’t secure the house or treat it as a crime scene and left it unlocked, which meant it was eventually completely stripped and looted.

Zeitoun documents a little-known fact: the existence of “Camp Greyhound,” an outdoor jail built in New Orleans’ central bus station within hours of the hurricane’s landfall at the behest of the federal Department of Homeland Security and FEMA. Similar to Guantanamo Bay, Camp Greyhound (the guards’ name for it) was a kennel, runs of wire fencing and concrete flooring; there was nothing to sit or sleep on, and toilet facilities were portables outside the enclosures. Power was provided by a running diesel locomotive parked within yards of the cages, providing a continuous deafening hum and diesel pall.

Zeitoun was not formally charged, was not read Miranda rights, was not allowed a phone call. He was physically and verbally abused, pepper sprayed, strip-and body-cavity searched; and was accused of being a “terrorist” during his processing at the “camp.” The details of his captivity only become increasingly outrageous.

Fellow prisoners he was able to talk to included a New Orleans firefighter ordered to stay in the city to work who was arrested in his own yard, and a Houston sanitation worker whose company contracted to help in the cleanup effort — arrested wearing his work uniform, possessing ID, and with the keys to his garbage truck in his hand.

Prisoners included Marlene Maten, 73-year-old diabetic deaconess at Resurrection Mission Baptist Church, arrested as she carried a package of sausages from a cooler in her car, parked beside the hotel to which she was returning.

Marlene, along with Zeitoun and hundreds of others from Camp Greyhound, ended up at maximum security Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, in St. Gabriel, La., 70 miles from New Orleans. They were FEMA prisoners: FEMA rented state prison space and Camp Greyhound transfers were, according to prison staff, “FEMA’s problem.” Again: transferred with no charges, no information, no opportunity to make a phone call or talk to a lawyer.

Thanks to a volunteer prison missionary who agreed to call Kathy, she found out Zeitoun was alive. (His family had assumed him dead once contact was broken for weeks.) She immediately hired a lawyer, who found out there would finally be a hearing on Zeitoun’s “case.” However, when Kathy contacted the Hunt center to find out where the hearing would be held, she was told that location, and whether Zeitoun was even at the prison, was “private information.”

Released from Hunt on Sept. 29, 2005 — after paying a $75,000 bail — Zeitoun was lucky, compared with the three men he was arrested with. Todd, Nasser and Ronnie spent, respectively, five months, six months and eight months in maximum security Hunt prison. All charges against all of them were dropped.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

The highway is alive tonight
Nobody's foolin' nobody as to where it goes
I'm sitting down here in the campfire light
Searchin' for the ghost of Tom Joad.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Prove it.
Buffalo News is a shit rag.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
"Zeitoun stayed, to protect his house"
Zietoun was not very smart.

I didn't read past the first sentence.

But the fact of the matter is Zeitoun has a crazy name and a crazy outlook on life.

If you know that you live in a hurricane zone, then you know that you will be fucked eventually.

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Marlene, along with Zeitoun and hundreds of others from Camp Greyhound, ended up at maximum security Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, in St. Gabriel, La., 70 miles from New Orleans. They were FEMA prisoners: FEMA rented state prison space and Camp Greyhound transfers were, according to prison staff, “FEMA’s problem.” Again: transferred with no charges, no information, no opportunity to make a phone call or talk to a lawyer.

Released from Hunt on Sept. 29, 2005 — after paying a $75,000 bail — Zeitoun was lucky, compared with the three men he was arrested with. Todd, Nasser and Ronnie spent, respectively, five months, six months and eight months in maximum security Hunt prison. All charges against all of them were dropped.

The storm weakened before making its second landfall as a Category 3 storm on the morning of Monday, August 29

Heh, wait what?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So, wait.  If FEMA was executing people according to Synthia McKinney, how did this 'tard live?  

One stupid ass story after another.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Prove it.

Is this proof?

By Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY
NEW ORLEANS — Claude Moman wanted out of this flood-ravaged city so much Thursday, police say, that he stole a rental car and made a dash for the downtown Greyhound bus station, hoping to buy a ticket out of here.
Inmates wait to go back to their cells inside a temporary jail facility at the Greyhound bus station in New Orleans.
By Omar Torres, AFP/Getty Images

What Moman didn't know was that hours earlier, Louisiana prison authorities had commandeered the station and transformed it into a makeshift jail.

Moman, 30, thus became the first arrestee to be held at what the state Department of Corrections has dubbed "Camp Greyhound." The new jail, which features chain-link holding cells topped by razor wire in what used to be the station's parking areas, became necessary when the city's justice complex was flooded. Its opening was among the first signals that authorities were gaining their footing against the looting and violence that plagued New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit.

Since the terminal was taken over by law enforcement authorities, it has become the new face of justice in this devastated city. More than 220 people have been detained there before being moved elsewhere to await trial. Most of those passing through Camp Greyhound have been accused of looting, but there also have been a few accused killers and rapists, said Burl Cain, a state prison warden who oversees the jail.

In the chaotic days after Katrina hit Aug. 29, looters and other suspected criminals often were issued citations and set free by police because there was no place to put them. Many of those caught and released by police simply returned to looting, Cain said.

"You have to have a jail before you can have security," Cain said.

State and federal prosecutors work in the lobby of the bus station. Looking for the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office? Head to the gift shop. The Justice Department has an office near the ticket counter. Cain has a table at what was formerly a Subway sandwich shop.

As suspects arrive, prosecutors decide whether they should face state or federal charges. Photographs and fingerprints are taken before the suspects are moved to the outdoor, covered holding cells, which are watched by armed guards. At least 50 prisoners were there Thursday, awaiting transfer to U.S. or state custody for hearings. Federal prisoners are sent to Baton Rouge and Lafayette; state prisoners go to a facility in St. Gabriel.

About 700 arrestees can be held at the station. Its cells, which hold about 15 prisoners each, have no cots, mattresses or chairs. The floor is the asphalt parking lot. There is one portable toilet per cell. Meals are military-issue MREs (meals ready to eat).

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prove it.

Is this proof?

INMATES WERE MOVED,  THIS ISN'T NEW NEWS, THE PRISON WAS FUCKED!

Should have left those pieces of shit there to die. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But the fact of the matter is Zeitoun has a crazy name and a crazy outlook on life.

If you know that you live in a hurricane zone, then you know that you will be fucked eventually.

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.

Why is it that every time you make a post, and I happen to read it, I feel like you stole something from me.

My time, perhaps some of my intelligence. I cant put my finger on it, but its something.

I feel like my outlook for humanity and my faith in my fellow human is lowered 2 or 3 pegs everytime you hit that 'submit' button.

And for what ever its worth, its PREPARE.

And, BTW, brainiac... it wasnt the fucking hurricane that did them in. The levees on the lake pontchartrain side failed. I personally dont think that the storm surge caused that.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Prove it.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/non_aviation/read.main/932413/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4838671

http://dailyme.com/story/2009082900003565/hurricane-katrina-fallout-1200-citizens-incarcerated.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-camp-greyhound_x.htm

Those responsible for this should be tried and executed, plain and simple.  Relocating prisoners is vastly different from running around and arresting people at gunpoint from their own property for absolutely no justifiable reason.

That seems to be the only punishment that would get it through these fuckers' heads that such breaches of trust and abuses of power are not acceptable in America, no matter the situation.  This was not civil war or rebellion, there was no constitutional suspension of habeus corpus or civil rights.  The people who did this broke our laws and their oath to our laws and us in just about the worst way possible, and they should pay dearly for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The levees on the lake pontchartrain side failed. I personally dont think that the storm surge caused that.

TROOFERS!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prove it.

http://dailyme.com/story/2009082900003565/hurricane-katrina-fallout-1200-citizens-incarcerated.html

Those responsible for this should be tried and executed, plain and simple.

That seems to be the only punishment that would get it through these fuckers' heads that such breaches of trust and abuses of power are not acceptable in America, no matter the situation.  This was not civil war or rebellion, there was no constitutional suspension of habeus corpus or civil rights.  The people who did this broke our laws and their oath to our laws and us in just about the worst way possible, and they should pay dearly for it.

Before I read all that shit...

You read my second post above and explain the dates.

Then I'll read further, IF you can explain why I should care about inmates being moved for their own safety.

FYI: Non-inmates weren't living it up at the stadium best as I can tell either.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup,

no one wants to make millions talking on every MSM news show about how W and the evil Haliburton co. threw them in a concentration camp.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Prove it.

Those responsible for this should be tried and executed, plain and simple.

Before I read all that shit...

You read my second post above and explain the dates.

Then I'll read further, IF you can explain why I should care about inmates being moved for their own safety.

FYI: Non-inmates weren't living it up at the stadium best as I can tell either.

It's saying that the guy in the article was released after a month, and the other guys were released months later - ridiculous amounts of time later.  Basic reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Prove it.

Is this proof?

Should have left those pieces of shit there to die. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Guys that are trying to protect their houses and businesses, guys that are working in hazardous conditions,.....these guys?

That's who the story is about.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
My last post for the night in this thread, (bookmarked for tomorrow)

Thank the mayor and the governor for all of this. They're the ones who dicked around playing political games.

They're already guilty of extreme negligence, so if you wanna tack on some extra shit go on ahead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thank the mayor and the governor for all of this. They're the ones who dicked around playing political games.
They're already guilty of extreme negligence, so if you wanna tack on some extra shit go on ahead.

Edit:

"Marlene, along with Zeitoun and hundreds of others from Camp Greyhound, ended up at maximum security Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, in St. Gabriel, La., 70 miles from New Orleans. They were FEMA prisoners: FEMA rented state prison space and Camp Greyhound transfers were, according to prison staff, “FEMA’s problem.” Again: transferred with no charges, no information, no opportunity to make a phone call or talk to a lawyer. "

If the "dicking around" didn't happen, what would have been accomplished?

Quicker FEMA response?

More guns taken?

More people visited by "armed and badged black-uniformed men" taking you at gunpoint and letting Lootie have free reign?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.

for fucks sake, spell the biggest word in your post correctly please.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.

Why is it that every time you make a post, and I happen to read it, I feel like you stole something from me.

My time, perhaps some of my intelligence. I cant put my finger on it, but its something.

I feel like my outlook for humanity and my faith in my fellow human is lowered 2 or 3 pegs everytime you hit that 'submit' button.

And, BTW, brainiac... it wasnt the fucking hurricane that did them in. The levees on the lake pontchartrain side failed. I personally dont think that the storm surge caused that.

I couldn't tell you.

Sounds like you lack an X chromosome some where in your DNA.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prove it.

Is this proof?

Guys that are trying to protect their houses and businesses, guys that are working in hazardous conditions,.....these guys?

Guys who were shooting at rescue helicopters?

I know of a number of folks who stayed, and worked in those conditions, and they weren't concentration camped.

Criminals... on the other hand?

Just not buying one side here. Not gonna happen.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

...you're not making any sense.  First you can't read, now you can't form a coherent argument.

Let the grownups discuss serious issues.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.

for fucks sake, spell the biggest word in your post correctly please.

prepair, prepare, prepar.

You knew what I ment, so piss off.

I could care less that I have bad spelling. At least I have super good grammer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Clearly the chem-trails converged.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#23]
They don't do cavity searches in jail....just saying.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Prove it.

Is this proof?

Guys who were shooting at rescue helicopters?

I know of a number of folks who stayed, and worked in those conditions, and they weren't concentration camped.
Criminals... on the other hand?

Just not buying one side here. Not gonna happen.

Criminals like that old lady slammed to the ground in the famous video?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#25]
before Katrina and 9/11, I never saw rainbows in my lawn sprinkler
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Zietoun did not PREPAIR PREPARE.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:43:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Let's see if I got this straight...

FEMA captured law abiding civilians the day of the storm, and tortured them in  greyhound bus station?

And since Bush hates black people, FEMA wallowed around outside the storm area for days or weeks until they finally decided to head into New Orleans?

Yeah, there's no evidence of any author agenda here, is there?

And let's see, these guys were arrested inside a house they didn't live in...wait now...a flooded house at that....holding a business meeting?

Oooooo-kay.

Lemme guess...there was a big stack of...survival supplies...in their boats parked outside too, right?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FEMA captured law abiding civilians the day of the storm, and tortured them in  greyhound bus station?

And since Bush hates black people, FEMA wallowed around outside the storm area for days or weeks until they finally decided to head into New Orleans?

And let's see, these guys were arrested inside a house they didn't live in...wait now...a flooded house at that....holding a business meeting?

Oooooo-kay.

Lemme guess...there was a big stack of...survival supplies...in their boats parked outside too, right?

Two words.

Cognitive Dissonance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FEMA captured law abiding civilians the day of the storm, and tortured them in greyhound bus station?

Oooooo-kay.

Two words.

Cognitive Dissonance.

One word

EVACUATION
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I have 5 words for you.

If you live in a hurricane zone you better have a bug out location and a bug out plan. If you don't then you are a sheep.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I have 5 words for you.

If you live in a hurricane zone you better have a bug out location and a bug out plan. If you don't then you are a sheep.

Same goes for people who live near the most potentially destructive fault zone in America.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 5 words for you.

Same goes for people who live near the most potentially destructive fault zone in America.

If the ground desides to swallow me and my BOL, I will not have 3 days notice.

The next time you see an earth quake attacking the mid west 5 days ahead of time you let me know ok.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Zietoun did not PREPAIR.

No, You're wrong. He wants us to pair up in advance.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 5 words for you.

If you really want to play that game.

I see an asteroid that will hit us.

There is no escape and we are all SOL.

Don't be a smart ass BulletBait.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#35]

I could care less that I have bad spelling. At least I have super good grammer.

grammar
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:23:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 5 words for you.

Read my bio, it's JACKASS.

Anyway, my point is that everyone needs some kind of bug-out plan.

Mine is in case the water, power, food or all three gets knocked out in Phoenix.

The zombies infesting downtown will riot and sweep out like a plague of locusts.

Living in an technologically dependent city is awesome, only as long as the tech works.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooooo-kay.

Two words.

Cognitive Dissonance.

5 Words , Crack pipe, put it down.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 5 words for you.

Read my bio, it's JACKASS.

Anyway, my point is that everyone needs some kind of bug-out plan.

Mine is in case the water, power, food or all three gets knocked out in Phoenix.

The zombies infesting downtown will riot and sweep out like a plague of locusts.

Living in an technologically dependent city is awesome, only as long as the tech works.

as long as you don't think that the .gov should pay for everyone to live in an area that will eventually be under water.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit:

"Marlene, along with Zeitoun and hundreds of others from Camp Greyhound, ended up at maximum security Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, in St. Gabriel, La., 70 miles from New Orleans. They were FEMA prisoners: FEMA rented state prison space and Camp Greyhound transfers were, according to prison staff, “FEMA’s problem.” Again: transferred with no charges, no information, no opportunity to make a phone call or talk to a lawyer. "

If the "dicking around" didn't happen, what would have been accomplished?

Quicker FEMA response?

More guns taken?

More people visited by "armed and badged black-uniformed men" taking you at gunpoint and letting Lootie have free reign?

Since the terminal was taken over by law enforcement authorities, it
has become the new face of justice in this devastated city. More than
220 people have been detained there before being moved elsewhere to
await trial. Most of those passing through Camp Greyhound have been
accused of looting, but there also have been a few accused killers and
rapists, said Burl Cain, a state prison warden who oversees the jail.

You didn't read the story YOU post as proof that it was real.

That says it was STATE authorities who ran the jail, not mysterious black clothed DHSbots.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
as long as you don't think that the .gov should pay for everyone to live in an area that will eventually be under water.

I don't.

I remember when the Rhode Island coast was much less developed near the water line precisely because people knew their house could blow away and they would have to replace it themselves.

Now I foot the bill in AZ!

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I was born in Fort Polk and know several good folks from the cajun state. In all honesty, if you have to rely on levies to keep the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi river out of your house you are just asking for trouble. Just like people in Galveston are still waiting on insurance money from Ike and several are being screwed over,  the folks of Nawlins know the danger of living there. My accepted dangers in my habit include rattle snakes, Oklahoma Football fans, and drunk cowboys.

You don't believe that the levies failed from the storm surge? So the government planned to flood a city while waging two very unpopular wars to do what exactly? Take a dive on the 2008 elections?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:15:20 AM EDT
[#42]
First I was like..

Then I was like..

Now I'm back to..

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:18:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was born in Fort Polk and know several good folks from the cajun state. In all honesty, if you have to rely on levies to keep the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi river out of your house you are just asking for trouble. Just like people in Galveston are still waiting on insurance money from Ike and several are being screwed over,  the folks of Nawlins know the danger of living there. My accepted dangers in my habit include rattle snakes, Oklahoma Football fans, and drunk cowboys.

You don't believe that the levies failed from the storm surge? So the government planned to flood a city while waging two very unpopular wars to do what exactly? Take a dive on the 2008 elections?

To hide the evidence that the government took down the WTC.

The WTC is where the missile that shot down flight 800 originated from.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Abdulrahman Zeitoun was arrested just after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. The Syrian immigrant had lived in the city for more than 20 years. Author Dave Eggers says Zeitoun's story is "a perfect intersection between the war on terror and the worst disaster in American history."
Eggers' new book, Zeitoun, describes a post-catastrophic New Orleans where the rule of law gives way to suspicion and fear.
After mistaking Zeitoun and three other men for looters, members of the National Guard took Zeitoun, a muslim, to "Camp Greyhound" — a series of cages set up outside a Greyhound bus station. As a guest of Homeland Security, Zeitoun remained in detention for weeks.
Zeitoun had been traveling the flooded streets of New Orleans, checking on his business properties and helping victims when he was arrested.
Zeitoun's captors taunted him, calling him al-Qaida and Taliban. His wife Kathy and their children weren't notified of his location. When he was finally released, he was charged with possession of stolen property — a charge that was eventually dropped.
Zeitoun and his family have since returned to New Orleans to help rebuild the city, but the memories of his detention still haunt them.
Zeitoun sometimes finds his "head turns upside down," he says, when he thinks of what happened to him. Kathy is also prone to anxiety attacks.

Excerpt: 'Zeitoun'  by Dave Eggers
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#45]
The charges were dropped?

The article does not otherwise mention any charges, unless I missed them somewhere.

I call BS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:25:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#47]
This jail wasn't secret. It was in the news the day it was set up. The normal city jail facilities were underwater or otherwise inaccessible.

FEMA probably paid for the fencing and porta-potties after the fact.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Where's Kanye West when you need him?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The levees that failed and flooded downtown New Orleans failed due to local government corruption, period.

CoE built the canal levees, New Orleans Levee District rebuilt them, to shit standards, ignoring even their own engineers' recommendations, and they collapsed.

Mary Landrieu wanted to punch Bush in the nose because she knew of she didn't shift blame real quick, she'd have been lynched, with a pike driven up her ass first. She's fought to keep MRGO open for years, even though the only ships that use it are tied to family business. MRGO is a giant funnel pointing due east. As Katrina passed by, with LOW CAT ONE conditions, the funnel shoved surge water into the Industrial Canal Basin so hard it hammered even well build CoE levees.

The strongest wind, measured ANYWHERE in New Orleans during Katrina's passage, registered 91 miles per hour. Look it up.

In June of 2005, the Orleans levee District, who's mission statement explicitly acknowleges their sole responsibility for levee maintenence, noted that the Orleans East and St. Bernard Primary Protection Levees were in need of "emergency lift", their words, not mine. They also said they couldn't afford the $2-3 million bucks needed to raise the levees which had sunk into soft soil. This was two month AFTER they transferred $2.5 million bucks out of the levee maintenence fund, into the general jack off fund, where they could legally spend that money on bike paths, ornamental fountains, private airport runway re-surfacing, and gambling casinoes.

When Katrina came ashore, again with low Category One conditions, those levees failed where they had sunk, disturbing and weakening the layered compacted soils comprising the levee embankment. The correlation between levee subsidence before the storm, per 1999 Shuttle Radar Tomography data, and the levee breaches after Katrina, runs from 65% to 100%.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A big plus on this............Gov. Blanco was completely incompetent......she waited DAYS before she agreed to let fema and the feds in.......Oh and Nagin..........don't get me started on that.

Do you guy's remember our former Gov. and current federal inmate Edwin Edwards ? Anytime a Hurricane looked like it was heading our way he would go ahead and give the permission to the feds to come on in.

Blanco was freaking CRYING on tv and asking everybody to pray.

Lots of good people died because of those two assclowns.

If you don't believe me just look at the casualties between Louisiana and Mississippi .

I was in Baton Rouge during and after katrina and there were companys wanting to go and help that were not allowed in until almost a week later. The Louisiana state government (Blanco) basicly closed off New Orleans for days before letting help in.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top