Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:41:56 PM EDT
Interesting article about a home invasion:

"They were well-dressed when they knocked on the door of a Huntington home last month and said they had information about President Barack Obama’s health care plan.

That’s how they got inside to commit a violent home invasion on Aug. 29, a Suffolk prosecutor said Monday.

Benjamin Thompson had a stethoscope around his neck and Natalie Desir carried a clipboard with pamphlets, Assistant District Attorney Glenn Kurtzrock said after their arraignments in Riverhead.

A woman who lives at the house answered the door and said she would take one of the pamphlets. That’s when Thompson, 31, of Brooklyn and Desir, 26, of Nyack forced their way inside, Kurtzrock said.

He gave the following account:

Another man, Vance Jackson, had been hiding outside and also forced his way into the home. Jackson, 46, of Yonkers took the woman’s boyfriend upstairs and shot him in the neck, chased him downstairs and shot him several more times.

Thompson shot the female resident in the foot while she was sitting next to her 2-year-old daughter and also pistol-whipped the woman’s mother, injuring her head.

The three fled with about $4,000 in cash in a getaway car driven by Theodore Briggs, 40, of the Bronx. A fifth suspect who was outside is still at large."

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/16/home-invasion-robbers-pose-as-obamacare-activists/
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow......now not only do we have to worry about all the non police posing as police home invaders that
arfcoms resident apologists insist don't exist we now have to worry about the fake Acorn activists
(maybe they really do work for Acorn) home invaders.   Pretty soon it won't be safe to open your
door to anyone.   Guess the census workers next year are SOL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't have to worry about this, Obama care activists won't be allowed in my driveway let alone allowed to step in my home.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]

and people say your carzy if you go to the door with a gun

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd say you're pretty smart, you don't know what you open yourself up to when you open the door to someone you don't know.

Hell we had a pizza guy knife the guy he was delivering food to.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You sure they were posing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this
Yes, I was beaten to it. Probably more like "As long as we're here..."

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My Pitbull comes to the door with a gun!  

We'll not be having any of this nonsense, my dog kills first and asks questions later.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
4K in cash

Im thinking there is more to this story

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Pitbull comes to the door with a gun!  

We'll not be having any of this nonsense, my dog kills first and asks questions later.  

Pitbull's now wield firearms? We are truely screwed
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess its come down to taking it any way they can...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this
Yes, I was beaten to it. Probably more like "As long as we're here..."

It was probably a couple of Acorn workers "doin' work" on the side...

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like standard Acorn MOS to me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#16]
They were just redistributing wealth as advertised.

Max
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
4K in cash

That is curious. The worst part about this story is the fact that the invaders walked out of the house, istead of being zipped up and then rolled out.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow......now not only do we have to worry about all the non police posing as police home invaders that
arfcoms resident apologists insist don't exist we now have to worry about the fake Acorn activists
(maybe they really do work for Acorn) home invaders.   Pretty soon it won't be safe to open your
door to anyone.   Guess the census workers next year are SOL.

Gonna need to get one of those boxes installed in the door like they use at the drive-thru at RiteAid.  I needs to be just big enough for the boxes of girl scout cookies to be inserted.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Whats that, Obama's minions are ringing the doorbell?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#20]
well, if they ring the doorbell and you actually talk to them, thats pretty much a sure sign you are a dumbass non gun owning liberal, because anyone smart would tell them to get fucked, if they answered the door at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OMG DREW CAREY POSTS HERE!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
4K in cash

Not necessarily. With banks being in the shape they are these days, it wouldn't surprise me that more people are keeping their cash stashed away in their own homes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

4K in cash

Not necessarily. With banks being in the shape they are these days, it wouldn't surprise me that more people are keeping their cash stashed away in their own homes.

I have no doubts about that with the demographic here a fair number of people have good amounts of $$ at home  but I would lay odds its pretty rare for 95% of the population has 4k at home hell most of um probably don't have  even 1K in the bank

plus they are not aware of the bank problems anyway and figure TARP fixed everything

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My first thought.  They probably started out their day by passing out pamphlets and when they realized how easy it would be to rob someone they figured what the hell.  "I'm gonna get mine."
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That was my first thought.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG DREW CAREY POSTS HERE!!

Nah, that's Tom Arnold.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, looks like they're giving homeowners TWO reasons to shoot them, instead of the usual one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

4K in cash

Not everybody is a broke-ass fool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top