Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 6:09:27 PM EDT
My wife just had this pop up on her laptop and I can't fuckin get rid of it.

Any advice?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
So far it seems everything suggested to remove just makes it worse.

Should I just bite the bullet and reformat the whole motherfuckin thing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I've tried doing that in every form of safe mode and it still won't go.

The files won't delete and it will not even let me format the drive now.

Fucking cocksuckers.

Now what?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really hate to suggest formatting the drive, but it may be what you need to do.

Have you been able to boot to a C: prompt, if you can do that you should be able to go in and manually delete the files and folders that contain the program.

No luck yet, but I'll keep trying.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Instructions on using Malwarebytes Anti Malware i have used this several times to get rid of Personal guard 2009  several times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-guard-2009

Link to Instructions
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That's not going to work either.

I can't download anything on that computer now at all.

I tried the Malwarebytes link and it just freezes, nothing loads.

So I can't format the drive, can't download anything, can't get to the DOS prompt.......

Now what?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you download Malwarebytes to a different computer and use a flash drive to transfer it over?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to another computer and download the malabytes. load it on to a flash drive, those things are cheap about $8 for 2G drive, run your computer in safe mode. I recently had to deal with all kinds of fvcking viruses, and malabytes is the best for getting rid of those sucker. You may also need to rename the downloaded file to ......X.exe incase it won't install.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Just tried the thumb drive idea and still no luck.

Downloading from that site also didn't work.

The malware blocks all attempts.

Fuck it, I'll order a new drive and shoot this fucker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just tried the thumb drive idea and still no luck.

Downloading from that site also didn't work.

The malware blocks all attempts.

Fuck it, I'll order a new drive and shoot this fucker.
Boot up in "safe mode" and try to find the folder:
C:\Program Files, and delete the folder.

Also try deleting the whole temp folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temp
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I had one (may be this one) that would do the same.  Blocked access to Malwarebytes and if you closed it, would start up a minute or two later and "scan".  

It was no match for system restore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had one (may be this one) that would do the same.  Blocked access to Malwarebytes and if you closed it, would start up a minute or two later and "scan".  

I tried system restore earlier.......no restore points.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't "click" on anything on this window. Open Windows Task Master by "cntl alt-del" or right click on the bottom of the screen and select  Task Master and kill the whole screen. If you "click" on the X etc it could install other $h!t on your computer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't "click" on anything on this window. Open Windows Task Master by "cntl alt-del" or right click on the bottom of the screen and select  Task Master and kill the whole screen. If you "click" on the X etc it could install other $h!t on your computer.

I figured it was some stupid pop up at the time.  I learned otherwise
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't even format or remove files from the CMD prompt....access denied.

New drive on the way from Dell.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#20]
i had the antivirus2008 virus and it took me 2 different antiviruses to get rid of it. You can get rid of it manually.

I did a quick google search and i found this site that shows you how to manually remove antivirus 2009

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-2009.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok new drive not needed but I did have to do the Ctrl/F11 reboot so it's all wiped clean anyway.

Now a day of reinstalling shit.

Fuck you Facebook.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Few things piss me off more than these little lowly dweebs, sitting in the dark and dank recess of their mom and dad's house building these viruses.

With the amount of aggravation they create, anyone caught and prosecuted should be executed ... or at least jailed for a long time with hard labor (which would break the nerd's back and bloody his hands).  
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#23]
seems like alot of virus going round  hope I don't get one
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I've never had one.....

My wife is on Facebook and Myspace and opens every forwarded attachment her friends send her....and this is the third time I've had to totally wipe her machine and start over.

This time I'm locking it down so tight she won't be able to do shit with it but word processing.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Windows update has been doing a pretty good job of staying ahead of this crap...

For those of you that haven't been zapped yet... Go to windows update and install all the critical updates.

Then update flash, acrobat, java and itunes to the current versions.

Just a helpful hint from your lowly windows geek.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#28]
This is an IM I got yesterday and thank goodness it worked! My computer was so messed up with that crap it would hardly run. Now it is working perfect. I used the 2nd link listed for AVAST, and boy did it ever do the trick! Thank again Darkcarisma!

W32.Pavsee.C but I think the "spy ware" I bought was just the virus, and when I bought it, it loaded all kinds of nasty into my computer. It shut the page off all the time when I'm using it. It has a jump tab that opens when I open the internet, and the pop ups for more anti virus stuff won't stop popping up I charged 200 dollars worth of stuff, got that dropped, my computer is still fucked though. LOL

[/quote]

Here's the instructions for manual uninstall; http://www.spywareremove.com/removeW32PavseeC.html

Otherwise it may be best to just go here and install Avast! Free Edition; http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html

Restart in Safe Mode (Press F8 when booting) and run the anti-virus software from Safe-mode and let it remove it on it's own.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top