Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 5:18:27 PM EDT
I sure don't.  A friend/business associate was in town visiting, and was very thoughtful to bring a variety of Swiss goodies, mostly made by a company called Frey, which he says are representative, typical, standard retail candy in Switzerland.  Of the variety shown in my poor, florescent-illuminated photos, I have only tried two types - the Noxana, in the blue wrapper, which is basically milk chocolate with hazelnuts, and the Supreme Citron Poivre, which is a rich, dark chocolate, with some kind of pulverized lemon hard candy granules mixed in.  Both were delicious, and I can't wait to try some others, though I'm loathe to make myself sick by gorging on chocolates.  Oh, I did also try the biscuits/cookies in the white bag, which are kind of like a very sweet gingerbread cookie, with a hint of lemon/orange flavor.  They seem like a good companion for tea or coffee, if one were into that sort of thing (I'm not).  Anyway, this stuff's kind of expensive, compared to American "equivalents," but our Swiss friend is somewhat enthusiastic about having me and the Mrs. setup to import this stuff.  I just have no real frame of reference for marketing this kind of thing, so I'm airing it out here.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
While Swiss Chocolate is good stuff, you'll be competing against established companies like Toblerone and Lindt...probably more hassle than you might want.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
While Swiss Chocolate is good stuff, you'll be competing against established companies like Toblerone and Lindt...probably more hassle than you might want.  

AFARR

From what I gather so far, that stuff is the cheap stuff specifically made for American grocery stores, like Kroger.  The Swiss, apparently, don't think much of Toblerone.  I don't think it's the same kind of market at all.  I do, however, wonder if it might be too much hassle, given that I'm not of the tea biscuit set.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
check to see if "World Market" already imports it.  they have all sorts of genuine foreign goodies
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't call Lindt cheaper chocolate...

When I get chocolate it usually comes in 5kg bars:

(haven't done much cooking lately so haven't bought much...looks like prices went up a bit since the last time I bought).

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's made in Switzerland by naked elves out of unicorn sweat... Good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top