Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:49:15 PM EDT
i have a fridge full of spaten and great lakes and i vote gl as the best i have had in the states
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Silver Gulch Oktoberfest.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Spaten 'Fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
TAG
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
H2O
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I love dunkelweizen, although that's not really an Oktoberfest beer specifically.

Quoted:
H2O

Gatorade?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
FREE!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sam Adams Octoberfest. It is seasonal so ya have to buy it up while it lasts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Spaten 'Fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff, though I prefer the Optimator.

Ayinger probably makes the best "octoberfest" style beer I've tried. That being said, their Celebrator is devine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm on a quest to purchase and drink every oktoberfest beer in my market.

So far I've had Warsteiner, Spaten (year round availability unlike most), Brooklyn, Magic Hat, & Sam Adams.

I've had Flying Dog's Dogtoberfest (good) and Summits Okto, also very good.  Just not from this years batch.  I need to get those.  I have to find Erdinger's and I *think* Ayinger has one as well.  

So far my favorite is Brooklyn Brewery's variation but I do think Sam Adams is a good one.

Summit and Flying Dog is very high on the "gotta have it list".

fwiw New Belgium has a Hoptoberfest that is out, and as the name states its hoppy, nothing close to an oktoberfest beer (bier) like you would think.  Decent enough though.

(If anyone has something odd in their market I can't get in DFW let me know and I'll swap what I can get that you can't)
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love dunkelweizen, although that's not really an Oktoberfest beer specifically.

Quoted:
H2O

Gatorade?

Worse. Water
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm on a quest to purchase and drink every oktoberfest beer in my market.

So far I've had Warsteiner, Spaten (year round availability unlike most), Brooklyn, Magic Hat, & Sam Adams.

I've had Flying Dog's Dogtoberfest (good) and Summits Okto, also very good.  Just not from this years batch.  I need to get those.  I have to find Erdinger's and I *think* Ayinger has one as well.  

So far my favorite is Brooklyn Brewery's variation but I do think Sam Adams is a good one.

Summit and Flying Dog is very high on the "gotta have it list".

fwiw New Belgium has a Hoptoberfest that is out, and as the name states its hoppy, nothing close to an oktoberfest beer (bier) like you would think.  Decent enough though.

(If anyone has something odd in their market I can't get in DFW let me know and I'll swap what I can get that you can't)

If you haven't been to BJ's lately (in Arlington on I-20), they have an Oktoberfest beer on tap.  I wasn't impressed, but it's one more for your list.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
leinenkugels oktoberfest and sam adams octoberfest
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
leinenkugels oktoberfest and sam adams octoberfest

Not a fan of either, but to each his own.

Penn Brewery does a good Oktoberfest as does Spaten.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top