Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:28:24 PM EDT
I do not leave weapons in vehicles.  However, when I am driving on the road in remote locations for more than a day, I throw in a truck gun, which goes into my hotel room with me at night:  .308 Saiga in a violin case.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic fail
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Whole lotta pic fail
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Success!

Nice case.  I've been thinking about getting something like that, but I worry that a thief would be just as liekly to snag an expensive violin as he would a rifle.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Success!

Nice case.  I've been thinking about getting something like that, but I worry that a thief would be just as liekly to snag an expensive violin as he would a rifle.

That's why it is just a cheap sporter Saiga (althought I will do my utmost to keep it out of the hands of bad guys).  It is a burden to travel with a rifle because of the guilt that I would feel if it were stolen.  On the other hand, if I had vehicle failure in the middle of Nevada with the zombies sensing vulnerability, I would feel rather silly with a Glock 26 in my hand, instead of a Saiga .308.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
reminds me of the guy the carries his NFA M-11 in a Noone sells tools
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Success!

That's why it is just a cheap sporter Saiga (althought I will do my utmost to keep it out of the hands of bad guys).  It is a burden to travel with a rifle because of the guilt that I would feel if it were stolen.  On the other hand, if I had vehicle failure in the middle of Nevada with the zombies sensing vulnerability, I would feel rather silly with a Glock 26 in my hand, instead of a Saiga .308.

My truck gun is usually a folding stock AK, but I've been thinking about a hard case of some sort lately.  I travel about 250 days per year.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been tempted to get a tennic racket bag. anyone think a thief would bother to snag some rackets?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
M4 type rifle broke down, rolled up in towels, in a gym bag. Not quick into action but I never get a second look carrying it into a hotel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I put saddle bags on my boxer and walk him through the lobby. The AR wiggles when he walks but no one seems to mind when they pet him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Good thing you take it with you in the hotel –– I do the same thing when I travel.  But watch around gas/rest stops etc.  That's not really a great disguise.  Musical instruments are sought after by thieves as they are valuable and easily fenced.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top