Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 7:57:24 AM EDT
I was shopping the local second hand store for books.  As I was looking through the shelves I came across this:

The last one is just for AFRCOM.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
1935, invention of Kodachrome.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

1935, invention of Kodachrome.

RIP.

It had a nice run, but it's sad to see it end. It's reminds me of 3-strip Technicolor.

I'm all for the digital revolution, but there's just something about those NG photos beautiful, clear, and color even now.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool.

You can find some pretty interesting stuff in old National Geographics, LIFE, Time Magazine and others.  

Sometimes you can find this stuff online too.

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Nazi germany..... Oh! I was hoping you found one with some good pictures of native titties or something.....

I'm disappointed
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
[KW] Adolf, I know you are going to create a master race, and I'ma let you finish, but Barrack Obama had one of the best inaugurations of all time.......of ALL TIME!!!!! [/KW]

I guess there is a certain type of person who like a big formal party
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#6]
That crazy Adolf!
I have an issue of Life magazine that was printed on my birthday. I have it framed and hanging on the wall.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Just curious about the value (other than historical) something like this may be worth.  Also, I found a few Time magazines from the early sixties that have various covers on: Yuri Gagarin, Mayor Daley, JFK and a few others.  I think my best find was a book published in 1960:

So far it has been an interesting read.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Its interesting to read that stuff from back then. You can get a feel for how people thought differently than now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
OH the HUGE MANATEE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top