Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:43:24 AM EDT
Yep, as if the damn $150 Prestige edition that will grace my desk wasn't enough, I just found out about this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2009/0915-mw2.htm

Already pre-ordered one today for the hell of it. 250GB HD is massive for a console! Anyone else jumping on the bandwagon? I've heard rumors that this will be a "small" run, at least Gamestop's in the area are only taking 12 pre-orders per store for them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Aren't we in the middle of an economic collapse?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
meh.

the 120 gig is already too much for my usages. i sold mine a while ago, thinking of buying one in the near future for this game...and left 4 dead

but 250 gigs, an extra controller, and a std. copy of the game? not worth the extra 100 bucks

id rather spend the extra 100 on a couple games or something else...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
meh.

the 120 gig is already too much for my usages. i sold mine a while ago, thinking of buying one in the near future for this game...and left 4 dead

but 250 gigs, an extra controller, and a std. copy of the game? not worth the extra 100 bucks

That was my initial thought but, $50 per wireless controller, games for $60... it's a great starter package for someone. Or in my case a way to dump my old 20GB off for $100 and pick this one up
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
meh.

That was my initial thought but, $50 per wireless controller, games for $60... it's a great starter package for someone. Or in my case a way to dump my old 20GB off for $100 and pick this one up

i could understand it if you are jumping in to max out your gear - all 4 controllers, big harddrive to download movies/arcade games/classic games and now the full gamesondemand

but still

thats an awful lot of memory man. all i see is more problems .

if that 250 gig craps out or you accidentally drop it somehow, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU––––––––––––––––––––––!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inmyopinion, more should come with the game. how about a year gold membership added? why not spec edition controllers too? and the actual xbox designer faceplate/skins? seriously, thats just a 12$ faceplate, and its not even that standoutish as far as special editions go. make it a whole different color. not just elite with spraypaint. the halo3 edition was pretty cool and different.

but hey. games are serious business
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Talk about a waste of money.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#6]
You paid $150 for the game?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I am getting really really sick of all the ways game publishers are trying to milk money from consumers. Why don't you tell your developers to make some quality crap(!I know MW is quality, I'm speaking in general. Hell Blizzard wants to charge users for user created content now)

Plus WTF is this crap if you preorder you get they will give you access to weapon and skills no one else can get access too?
I guess I'm showing how old school I am beleving that everyone should have equal access to everything from day 1 and it's your skill as a gamer that determines if you're going to pwn the servers; not reliance on some uber mega weapon o' death the general public does not have.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sold it has "High speed- Low Drag" printed on the case.

Maybe we need an ARFCOM Edition that says "High speed @ 45 degrees"

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't whine that it's "just an elite with paint".  It is, but you get:

250 gig HD (more than twice what the elite has-$100)

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

So you get over $200 worth of stuff for the same price as the elite.  Even with a $100 price drop on the elite, that's still $100 savings.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

So you get over $200 worth of stuff for the same price as the elite.  Even with a $100 price drop on the elite, that's still $100 savings.

Does it automatically repair itself when the console goes tits up?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Microsoft now has a lifetime warranty on 360's against RROD.  Mine got it last year, and I had it back in a week.  I don't mind that at all.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would say that at least 9.7% of the population does not have this on their "to buy" list...    

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:32:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't whine that it's "just an elite with paint". It is, but you get:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

So you get over $200 worth of stuff for the same price as the elite. Even with a $100 price drop on the elite, that's still $100 savings.

Microsoft now has a lifetime warranty on 360's against RROD. Mine got it last year, and I had it back in a week. I don't mind that at all.

Really?  Because I DO mind, when something I paid 300 dollars for dies for no apparent reason.  My first 360 died after 32 days.  I probably played it on 15 of those days.  The second one just RROD'ed back in January.  I've owned a lot of game systems back to the Atari 7200.  I've never seen a system with widespread failures the way the 360 has.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

So you get over $200 worth of stuff for the same price as the elite. Even with a $100 price drop on the elite, that's still $100 savings.

Microsoft now has a lifetime warranty on 360's against RROD. Mine got it last year, and I had it back in a week. I don't mind that at all.

Really?  Because I DO mind, when something I paid 300 dollars for dies for no apparent reason.  My first 360 died after 32 days.  I probably played it on 15 of those days.  The second one just RROD'ed back in January.  I've owned a lot of game systems back to the Atari 7200.  I've never seen a system with widespread failures the way the 360 has.

I still don't mind.  I can't say why yours died so quickly.  There may have been something you did that caused it, something in your house, too long a play session, etc.  It may have just been fucked from the start.  No one knows.  If I can get it back in a week, though, I don't mind if it  breaks once every couple years.  I get a shit ton of enjoyment out of it.  I use mine for many hours every single day, and just one "death" in two years.  That's acceptable for me.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Microsoft now has a lifetime warranty on 360's against RROD.  Mine got it last year, and I had it back in a week.  I don't mind that at all.  

When did that change?  I thought it was 3 years?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

C'mon, even you have to admit people's priorities have gotten way out of whack in the last 12 or 15 years...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Little boys will finally no longer be chaffing after this game comes out.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
If you dont have one i would say it would be worth gettinng but its not worth "upgrading" from my current 360. THe halo edition was at least  quite a bit different looking this doesnt look that much diff than a elite.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I still don't mind.  I can't say why yours died so quickly. There may have been something you did that caused it, something in your house, too long a play session, etc. It may have just been fucked from the start.  No one knows.  If I can get it back in a week, though, I don't mind if it  breaks once every couple years.  I get a shit ton of enjoyment out of it.  I use mine for many hours every single day, and just one "death" in two years.  That's acceptable for me.  [/div]

Yeah, it's totally his fault. He limp wristed the controller.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Link?  And is this only on new purchase 360s or are older ones grandfathered?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Does it have the "shoulder thing that goes up"?  If not it's a rip off!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Pfft. I'll be lucky to buy the $60 PC version.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Meh.  

Let me know when there is an Arfcom edition console with an 87 Gig HD.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#25]
have they worked out the red ring of death shit or what???  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yep, as if the damn $150 Prestige edition that will grace my desk wasn't enough, I just found out about this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2009/0915-mw2.htm

Already pre-ordered one today for the hell of it. 250GB HD is massive for a console! Anyone else jumping on the bandwagon? I've heard rumors that this will be a "small" run, at least Gamestop's in the area are only taking 12 pre-orders per store for them.

Me and friends found out about this model last night. Ive been wanting a 360, I think I'll be dumping money on one :3
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#27]
cool, but i still have the smallest HD and still havent used it all up,
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Really? Because I DO mind, when something I paid 300 dollars for dies for no apparent reason. My first 360 died after 32 days. I probably played it on 15 of those days. The second one just RROD'ed back in January. I've owned a lot of game systems back to the Atari 7200. I've never seen a system with widespread failures the way the 360 has.

I still don't mind. I can't say why yours died so quickly. There may have been something you did that caused it, something in your house, too long a play session, etc. It may have just been fucked from the start. No one knows. If I can get it back in a week, though, I don't mind if it breaks once every couple years. I get a shit ton of enjoyment out of it. I use mine for many hours every single day, and just one "death" in two years. That's acceptable for me.

Well, I bought an NC-Star carry handle scope about 6 years ago.  I've never had a problem with it.  I'm a pretty distinct minority.  If you look around the internet, you'll see plenty of stories from people who've had to send their systems in multiple times to be fixed.  One of my college roommates played Castlevania on Playstation 1 for about 17 straight hours in college.  No issues.  I've still get a Sega Nomad, which is a portable Sega Genesis.  I fire it up every once in a while, and it works, no problems.  The problems Microsoft has had with the 360 are inexcusable.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Really? Because I DO mind, when something I paid 300 dollars for dies for no apparent reason. My first 360 died after 32 days. I probably played it on 15 of those days. The second one just RROD'ed back in January. I've owned a lot of game systems back to the Atari 7200. I've never seen a system with widespread failures the way the 360 has.

I still don't mind. I can't say why yours died so quickly. There may have been something you did that caused it, something in your house, too long a play session, etc. It may have just been fucked from the start. No one knows. If I can get it back in a week, though, I don't mind if it breaks once every couple years. I get a shit ton of enjoyment out of it. I use mine for many hours every single day, and just one "death" in two years. That's acceptable for me.

Well, I bought an NC-Star carry handle scope about 6 years ago.  I've never had a problem with it.  I'm a pretty distinct minority.  If you look around the internet, you'll see plenty of stories from people who've had to send their systems in multiple times to be fixed.  One of my college roommates played Castlevania on Playstation 1 for about 17 straight hours in college.  No issues.  I've still get a Sega Nomad, which is a portable Sega Genesis.  I fire it up every once in a while, and it works, no problems.  The problems Microsoft has had with the 360 are inexcusable.

I don't even own a 360 but your post prompted a reply. Microsoft was the first company to put out a "next gen" console that went big in terms of processor and GPU. At the time it was basically top of the line gaming components crammed in a tiny case.

As gaming hardware progresses the heat that comes with it also increases, as I understand it, that has caused all of the problems.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Well, I bought an NC-Star carry handle scope about 6 years ago. I've never had a problem with it. I'm a pretty distinct minority. If you look around the internet, you'll see plenty of stories from people who've had to send their systems in multiple times to be fixed. One of my college roommates played Castlevania on Playstation 1 for about 17 straight hours in college. No issues. I've still get a Sega Nomad, which is a portable Sega Genesis. I fire it up every once in a while, and it works, no problems. The problems Microsoft has had with the 360 are inexcusable.

I don't even own a 360 but your post prompted a reply. Microsoft was the first company to put out a "next gen" console that went big in terms of processor and GPU. At the time it was basically top of the line gaming components crammed in a tiny case.

As gaming hardware progresses the heat that comes with it also increases, as I understand it, that has caused all of the problems.

I understand that.

But what have they done to fix it?  Why doesn't Playstation 3 have this same problem?  If they know about the problem, why are they continuing to sell systems that they KNOW will have the same problems?  

Yeah, its a video game system, not a pacemaker.  Still, I don't think there's anything wrong with standing by your work.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

extra controller ($50)

MW2 game ($60)

Well, I bought an NC-Star carry handle scope about 6 years ago. I've never had a problem with it. I'm a pretty distinct minority. If you look around the internet, you'll see plenty of stories from people who've had to send their systems in multiple times to be fixed. One of my college roommates played Castlevania on Playstation 1 for about 17 straight hours in college. No issues. I've still get a Sega Nomad, which is a portable Sega Genesis. I fire it up every once in a while, and it works, no problems. The problems Microsoft has had with the 360 are inexcusable.

I understand that.

But what have they done to fix it?  Why doesn't Playstation 3 have this same problem?  If they know about the problem, why are they continuing to sell systems that they KNOW will have the same problems?  

Yeah, its a video game system, not a pacemaker.  Still, I don't think there's anything wrong with standing by your work.

I get that it shouldn't be breaking like it does.  However, I've never come close to getting so much enjoyment out of one material thing, and they fix it  for free, quickly, so I just love it.  I'll buy the next gen XBox as soon as it comes out, too.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still don't mind.  I can't say why yours died so quickly. There may have been something you did that caused it, something in your house, too long a play session, etc. It may have just been fucked from the start.  No one knows.  If I can get it back in a week, though, I don't mind if it  breaks once every couple years.  I get a shit ton of enjoyment out of it.  I use mine for many hours every single day, and just one "death" in two years.  That's acceptable for me.  [/div]

As I say, there are many things that can be your fault when the system fails.  Playing too long, putting it in a place with too little air circulation, modding, etc.  Many things can ruin a somewhat delicate piece of equipment like that.

[div]

[/div]
[div]

[/div]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did that change?  I thought it was 3 years?

When mine got it last year, they said 3 years when it came back.  My buddy sent his in a month or so ago, and they said they're now warranted for life, because of so many problems.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did that change? I thought it was 3 years?

When mine got it last year, they said 3 years when it came back. My buddy sent his in a month or so ago, and they said they're now warranted for life, because of so many problems.

So they acknowledge that the design is the problem, not modding or poor circulation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Mine has all the rings lit up but it still works. My wife threw it against wall one day when we were having an argument over the phone. She broke the cover off and cracked the case....it still works.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pfft. I'll be lucky to buy the $60 PC version.

I'll get both, especially in light of my just having a nice gaming rig built, so I need to put it to good us....and I'll likely use the PC version for online play as XBox Live is anooying!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When mine got it last year, they said 3 years when it came back. My buddy sent his in a month or so ago, and they said they're now warranted for life, because of so many problems.

So they acknowledge that the design is the problem, not modding or poor circulation.

You're assuming.  Some companies take care of that kind of thing regardless, because they don't want unhappy customers.

They lose money on each and ever 360 produced.  It's good of them to fix/replace them, anyway.

These problems have been known for some time.  No one forces people to buy this "problem child".

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I must be some kind of retarded because I wouldn't really want that shit for free.
Well, maybe for free.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Training for SHTF/TEOTWAWKI
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're assuming. Some companies take care of that kind of thing regardless, because they don't want unhappy customers.

They lose money on each and ever 360 produced. It's good of them to fix/replace them, anyway.

These problems have been known for some time. No one forces people to buy this "problem child".

Believe me, if I had known the system had this problem, I wouldn't have bought it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I must be some kind of retarded because I wouldn't really want that shit for free.

Well, maybe for free.

Hey, you said it.  Not me.

But yeah, I wouldnt buy that for $100.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd buy one if I didn't have one or if mine suffered a RROD. But, I wouldn't buy it just to have one. Xbox is getting a little old. Its gonna be time for Micro to bring out a new model. I believe the 720 was originally scheduled to launch in 2010, but with the economy they pushed it to 2011 maybe 12.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Got mine about 6 weeks after they came out and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem with it. Accessories, on the other hand, are another story.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Training for SHTF/TEOTWAWKI

Good point.

I stand corrected.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
250GB HD is massive for a console!

Depends on your usage.

If you store lots of HD A/V content (movies et al) and/or use your console as a DVR, 0.25TB isn't huge by any means. Now, if you just play games and thus only use it for savegames, updates, and occasional DLC, then you might consider it on the large side.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a PC, therefore, Modern Warfare 2 will cost me $50.

Street Fighter IV cost me $80 though (had to get the 6 button X-box controller too.
)
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I have a PC, therefore, Modern Warfare 2 will cost me $50.

Street Fighter IV cost me $80 though (had to get the 6 button X-box controller too.
)

It is $60 for the PC version too.

That is the version I'm going to get though, FPS with a controller is lame.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#48]
all "limited edition" video game crap is for suckers.
not necessary. I bought my xbox elite for the hdmi before they made it
standard for all 360s. have not even come close to filling up the 120 gb hard drive.

buying games for twice the price for a fancy cover and a cd on how they made the game is worthless. you play the game 99.9% of the time.
I doubt you will spend more than 10 minutes checking out the special features.
like with halo 3 "legendary" that came with the helmet. a week after halo released there were tons of listings for said helmets.
what did I do? bought halo 3 for $60 and then bought a helmet for $15 for the hell of it. better than $150
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As I say, there are many things that can be your fault when the system fails.  Playing too long, putting it in a place with too little air circulation, modding, etc.  Many things can ruin a somewhat delicate piece of equipment like that.   [div]

[/div][div]

[/div]

Lmao

It's a game console designed to play games....playing a "game too long" is the most worthless excuse ever.  And the fact that you're happy they break and you have to send it back to get it fixed is beyond comprehension.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I have the 20 gig HD.

I have never had a need for anything bigger.  If I was in the market for a new console, I would consider the one the OP linked.  

So M$ finally did a lifetime warranty for RROD?  That is good news for me.  Since I am out of the 3 year warranty and this is my fifth console.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top