Pretty much preachin to the choir...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
background on this guy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty much preachin to the choir...

On arfcom yes, but tickerforums is (or at least used to be) a pretty even cross-section of the American political scene.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
background on this guy?

Economic Blogger/Commentator.  Runs Tickerforums, a stock trader/investment forum, and writes/stores his "tickers" at http://www.market-ticker.org.  He was CNBC's Dennis Kneale's arch-nemesis, at least until Kneale's show got cancelled today.  I wonder who won ?

Anyway, you see his tickers posted in GD every so often, and he has his fair share of naysayers here (who doesn't).  He called the beginning of the recession, and the beginning of the bounce in March.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for after smoke break.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are the people that enforce ethics and integrity here?

Why do our public officials get away with this crap?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mysteriously absent aren't they?  I'm not entirely sure what kind of role I can play in all of this, but I'm going to find out at the next local "We Surround Them" meeting.  I suggest everyone find the same or equal, and get active if you aren't already (thanks to those who are).  2010 may be the last stand.  Let's grow this movement until the Earth trembles when we march.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tag for after smoke break.

HA!  puffin' on an e-cigarette right now.

i have nothing else to contribute to this thread right now.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That would be us, the citizens of this once great country.  We'll see what happens with the elections in 2010, but if that doesn't improve matters, then I predict tar and feathers, then public lynchings.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Why is Rick Derringer mad?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]
FAIL.

You can see the top of the Wolf  casing right underneath.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Great points but I felt like I was listening to Rush, Com on dude I Know you don't talk like that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Agree on all points. Until the media begins to objectively report the news though, I see no interruption of "business as usual".

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Obama fired one of them earlier....   remember Gerald Walpin

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agree on all points. Until the media begins to objectively report the news though, I see no interruption of "business as usual".

Unfortunately most of the media has sold out.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately most of the media has sold out.  

Forget them.  More and more people everyday embrace the alternative media.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
As a citizen what does he expect people to do?  Keeping within the law the only people we have to complain to, the ONLY people, are the corrupt federal politicians, the corrupt federal law enforcement agencies and the corrupt state and local governments and their law enforcement agencies.  And stepping outside of the law will most certainly bring down the full weight of all those agencies, but not on the criminals and purveyors of corruption, but on the citizen.

Our government is not on the side of it's citizens.  One citizen alone can do nothing.  1000 mean nothing.  100,000 mean little more, and  as we all saw on 9/12, even 1,000,000+ citizens standing and yelling with one voice aren't loud enough to make our government hear us.

They offer us no peaceful redress of grievance.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where are the people that enforce ethics and integrity here? thats us

Why do our public officials get away with this crap?we aren't mad enough yet.

Things are getting better ever day but we still haven't gotten to the point that we will put everything on the line and make these people uphold the constitution by any means.

The dirty little secret that nobody seems to get is that we don't have to take up arms and "vote from the roof tops" like some say.
All we have to do is be willing do to it if need be.
Everything we see going on around is all due to the fact that no matter how mad Americans get no politician thinks anyone will really take action.
All we need to do is change their minds and we will get our country back over night.    

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Sharp eye arfcomer.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sharp eye arfcomer.  

DoubleFAIL.

Read above. It's loaded.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I am REALLY surprised the matrix has not whacked him yet. He throws them all under the bus.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#25]

People are going to keep tugging at the threads and the damn things going to start unraveling.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Denninger is absolutely correct on a lot of things, namely that most of congress/regulatory agencies and the banking industry belongs in jail for outright fraud
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Denninger is absolutely correct on a lot of things, namely that most of congress/regulatory agencies and the banking industry belongs in jail for outright fraud

Yes he is.  And yes they need to be in jail.

All we have ever asked is to leave us alone to live, and do not fuck with us.  And we, the citizens fell asleep.   We got some shit to clean up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:

All we have ever asked is to leave us alone to live, and do not fuck with us. And we, the citizens fell asleep.   We got some shit to clean up.

Almost half of Americans don't want to leave you alone - they want to loot your house every April 15th, ransack your business every quarter and steal from your paycheck every week so they don't have to get a job, support themselves, be responsible for their actions or take care of their half-dozen juvenile delinquents.
Doesn't matter what WE want - the majority rules in this country. And in this country, the majority are now nothing more than human parasites paying virtually no taxes but demanding and devouring more and more and more of your hard-earned over-worked, over-taxed paycheck to the point where now they're going after your children's and even your children's children's paychecks before they've even earned a paycheck it yet.
This doesn't happen because politicians are going against the will of the people - if that were the case, they'd have been gone 40 years ago.
It's not happening because of politicians - it's happening because the majority WANT it this way.
And they proved in yet again just last year.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All we have ever asked is to leave us alone to live, and do not fuck with us. And we, the citizens fell asleep.   We got some shit to clean up.

Almost half of Americans don't want to leave you alone - they want to loot your house every April 15th, ransack your business every quarter and steal from your paycheck every week so they don't have to get a job, support themselves, be responsible for their actions or take care of their half-dozen juvenile delinquents.

Doesn't matter what WE want - the majority rules in this country. And in this country, the majority are now nothing more than human parasites paying virtually no taxes but demanding and devouring more and more and more of your hard-earned over-worked, over-taxed paycheck to the point where now they're going after your children's and even your children's children's paychecks before they've even earned a paycheck it yet.

This doesn't happen because politicians are going against the will of the people - if that were the case, they'd have been gone 40 years ago.

It's not happening because of politicians - it's happening because the majority WANT it this way.

To bad the only way they can do this, is to ignore the Constitution.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
............. and  as we all saw on 9/12, even 1,000,000+ citizens standing and yelling with one voice aren't loud enough to make our government hear us.

While watching the 9/12 march I wondered what would happen if the whole gang marched to the Capitol and occupied it.

Be sort of hard to evict however many people there were.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
............. and  as we all saw on 9/12, even 1,000,000+ citizens standing and yelling with one voice aren't loud enough to make our government hear us.

While watching the 9/12 march I wondered what would happen if the whole gang marched to the Capitol and occupied it.

Be sort of hard to evict however many people there were.

hey at least it brought Nazi Pelosi to tears

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

To bad the only way they can do this, is to ignore the Constitution.

Yep.

But if they don't, most will just be voted out.

Most politicians certainly have no scruples, honor, honesty or integrity - but that doesn't necessarily mean they're stupid.

They usually know what the people want. At least those that keep them well fed in Washington.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

holy shit!

a thousand posts in just a month?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Video error!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Video error!!

It's working now.  That thing took off running in several different directions last night.  Youtube probably got a black eye
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been asking where the convictions are for months now... Glad to see it's actually getting some air time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I started listening to Rush on AFRTS around '89.   Since then, I have been  reading, and listening to  Ingram, Boortz, Levin, Coulter, Napolitano, Hannity, Nugent, Bennet, Dobbs, etc.  Remembering the words of Sun-Tzu, "friends close, enemies closer", I read Obama's books.  The current president pretty much laid it all right out there for you... before the election.
This is the first thing I have seen by Denninger.  Isn't he just recapping the current findings of other people?  I find nothing wrong with that, because anyone that takes the time to get the word out, is indeed getting the word out to a segment of the population that is not receiving it first hand from the original sources.  
I have been following the commentators and hosts on the FoxNews network for years, and watch the Glenn Beck show daily. Hannity did a show from CA night before last, about the total shut down in farming in a once fertile  area, because of problems with an endangered species.  The eco-terrorists are putting tens of thousands of people out of work, because of a two inch long fish.  I have not seen or heard very much about this at all, even while visiting CA a few months ago.
Rush has been making the cut for decades, and for the past few months, Beck continues to stuff salt into it.   I can't wait to  hear Stossel, and Imus go ape-shit on Fox, and  I am hoping that people will  stop playing the - Rush is better than Beck games that I have been  reading in these, and other forums.  After all these years, this is turning, or could be turning, into the ultimate "Us-Against-Them" tag team match.  Must... keep the... pressure on!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No that is NOT the way it is supposed to work in this country. This is NOT  democracy, in which you would be correct and why the founding fathers did NOT set it up that way.  This is a representative republic wiht a constitution in which case, the way it is SUPPOSED to work is if 99 people are FOR taking something for you in an unconstitutional manner, they CANNOT because that would be illegal.

Sadly though because the people lay there and let it happen, it has become what you said.

GR
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#39]
I fear that we've gone too far down the road.  The population has grown too accustomed to this stuff.  Things are going to have to get much worse (i.e. economic crash or something that interrupts American Idol) for people to wake up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I fear that we've gone too far down the road.  The population has grown too accustomed to this stuff.  Things are going to have to get much worse (i.e. economic crash or something that interrupts American Idol) for people to wake up.

You are right although some are finally begining to wake up.  It will take something nasty to wake up the rest...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Bump this up.  It's clearly an appeal for us citizens to come to our senses.  This is getting emailed to all of my friends and family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

As a citizen what does he expect people to do? Keeping within the law the only people we have to complain to, the ONLY people, are the corrupt federal politicians, the corrupt federal law enforcement agencies and the corrupt state and local governments and their law enforcement agencies. And stepping outside of the law will most certainly bring down the full weight of all those agencies, but not on the criminals and purveyors of corruption, but on the citizen.

Our government is not on the side of it's citizens. One citizen alone can do nothing. 1000 mean nothing. 100,000 mean little more, and as we all saw on 9/12, even 1,000,000+ citizens standing and yelling with one voice aren't loud enough to make our government hear us.

Didn't you listen to the video?  You need to tell your representatives "ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!", and we need to hold them accountable, and write to them.  Call them and complain.

Actually, I agree with everything you said.
  Playing by the rules in this game will assure that we never win.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top