Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:00:16 PM EDT
I live in Lancaster, PA fairly close to a road with moderate traffic. The Amish often travel down this road. My dog, a one and a half year old pek-a-poo hates the Amish. My wife and next door neighbor are sitting on the porch, my neighbor holding the leash as the buggy goes past. Dog darts out after buggy, gets away from my neighbor. I give chase. Catch dog after nearly a half mile.
Lesson learned:
-I need a new holster for my BUG (taurus 85) If I carry it as my primary, I typically carry it in a fobus. today, since it was a back up to my 1911, I had it in a Blackhawk IWB holster(no retension other than belt) Because of the running, the belt bouncing failed to retain the 38.
-PT,PT,PT. I was unnacceptabley winded after the chase. So I had a beer. lol
-Fatter puppy. Fatter=slower j/k
-No more f'n flip flops. had to abandon them on the first stride. running down the shoulder, on a fairly busy road,over rocks and shit, is not fun.
-A chase person is invaluable. My wife, while giving chase to me, recovered the 38 in mid-stride before it had even stopped sliding. I love my back up.
I know that I should have a fence, but I live in an apartment and the landlord doesn't want to put one in. Dog is awesome, so she will not be getting ejected. Wife is too good to eject. I hope that I addressed everyones typical comments.
/cool story
(In Before:Cool story bro, riveting tale chap, eject, the lock, and dibs.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just teach your neighbor how to hold the leash properly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Soooo....tossing it down the driveway wasn't good enough?  

Glad you caught the dog.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Pics or gtfo

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
pics of what? wife? dog? driveway heater? all of the above?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I live in Lancaster, PA fairly close to a road with moderate traffic. The Amish often travel down this road. My dog, a one and a half year old pek-a-poo hates the Amish. My wife and next door neighbor are sitting on the porch, my neighbor holding the leash as the buggy goes past. Dog darts out after buggy, gets away from my neighbor. I give chase. Catch dog after nearly a half mile.
Lesson learned:
-I need a new holster for my BUG (taurus 85) If I carry it as my primary, I typically carry it in a fobus. today, since it was a back up to my 1911, I had it in a Blackhawk IWB holster(no retension other than belt) Because of the running, the belt bouncing failed to retain the 38.
-No more f'n flip flops. had to abandon them on the first stride. running down the shoulder, on a fairly busy road,over rocks and shit, is not fun.
-A chase person is invaluable. My wife, while giving chase to me, recovered the 38 in mid-stride before it had even stopped sliding. I love my back up.
I know that I should have a fence, but I live in an apartment and the landlord doesn't want to put one in. Dog is awesome, so she will not be getting ejected. Wife is too good to eject. I hope that I addressed everyones typical comments.
/cool story

You have learned a valuable lesson in a "training" environment.  Now, go forth and buy quality holsters from Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac, etc.

Legal notice:  This poster is not an expert, but he has never had retention problems during similar physical activity with his holsters from the manufacturers he named above.  

BTW, even if my guns stayed in the holster, I'd still be winded after that too!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lesson learned:
/cool story

You have learned a valuable lesson in a "training" environment.  Now, go forth and buy quality holsters from Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac, etc.

Legal notice:  This poster is not an expert, but he has never had retention problems during similar physical activity with his holsters from the manufacturers he named above.  

BTW, even if my guns stayed in the holster, I'd still be winded after that too!  

Thank you fo the feed back. I have a better holster but passed on it for comfort-never again. I also have a new one on the way from kholster. ETA- never had a problem with the fobus with retention. i know it is cheap, but it works.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool story, english.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Soooo....tossing it down the driveway wasn't good enough?  

LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top