Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 12:46:06 PM EDT
The cars I'm looking for are GM certified, but there's also a ton of private sellers with better prices.

Anyone ever bought an extended warranty on their own? Links?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife and I got one when we bought our Avalanche off EBAY several years ago. Was offered by our Credit Union and has paid for itself. I believe it was Mercury something or other.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Record keeping requirements make it almost impossible to file a claim. Save your money and pay for your own repair
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If they go out of business you = screwed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I bought one though GIECO - it's $100 a year vice the $1500 the dealer wanted.

When some dirtbag broke one of my windows to get into my truck ... and get his ass chased across the parking lot by myself and two other guys ... GIECO covered the window. My comprehensive deduction is $500 but my mechanical insurance is only $50 deductible. When I called them they initially said they'd hook me up with their window service but the bill was on me. About an hour a later a supervisor reviewing the case called back and said that it would be just $50 because of the mechanical insurance.

Since I off-road the truck and have it customized I didn't want to argue with the dealer than the lift coils and skid plates caused this or that problem. I do all my own maintenance and don't need the arguments.

Interesting. Do you by chance have a link to a program explanation?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top