Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 12:33:00 PM EDT
Ok, so I load 30-40. I also take 12 hours towards my undergraduate in history and work about 25-30 hrs at retail. Teh ultimate suck. I also commute over 100 miles a day to and from college, work, pie runs, etc. So reloading for the weekend has to happen between classes...I do it in steps on each day, ie. neck sizing and depriming one day, trimming, deburring, priming on another day...etc. (Disclaimer; priming occurs outside on my own isolated picnic table, and I wear my aviators for eye protection. Oh, and I don't smoke while priming. )
Well, earlier this week I met a lovely young gentleman asking me for ativan. You see, these liberal guys typically run out of mom and dad's money by wednesday, spending it on video games, alcohol, and assorted prescription and non-prescription recreational drugs. Perfectly understandable. I politely apologized, explaining that I spent all my drug money this month on primers.

Primers? He asked...well, after that I simply had to educate the guy...(Oh, and I'm not invited to attend their Student Front meeting now, how hearbreaking)

Said primers:

My setup:

Next week's between class exercise...

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of press do have and what are you planning to load and what type of bullets are you gonna make with lead???
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
We can win back the youth vote, take a boy shooting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Always fun to broaden the horizons of young people.  I had a big, ground-level balc (guess it was more of a fenced-in patio being on the ground) at my last apartment in a campustown.  Shot my first turkey that spring.  I got some good looks from the foot traffic while I was turning a majestic wild turkey into an  oven-ready butterball.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh?

You're gonna teach a druggie how to load his own ammo?

I'm not sure you have my support.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What type of press do have and what are you planning to load and what type of bullets are you gonna make with lead???

I have the lee hand press that travels with me and an old lyman spartan at home. I'm poor. Once I make the money, I'm going to cast some 180 grn rn 309ish bullets for my 1898 Krag rifle. No gas check (I'll be using Trailboss). Current load is 30 grn H4895, Winchester brass, obviously CCI LR primers, and surplus 173 grn match bullets. Its all stuff I just had on hand. I guess my Krag is really a true 308, as this seems to work fairly well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Huh?

Nah, scared the druggie away. That was the intent. He was convinced what I was doing was illegal. The fact that he was tripping out a little bit with the thunderstorm probably didn't help any.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh?

Nah, scared the druggie away. That was the intent. He was convinced what I was doing was illegal. The fact that he was tripping out a little bit with the thunderstorm probably didn't help any.

Ahh, gotcha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top