Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:44:34 AM EDT
This was sent to me by my cousin who lives in Houston. It will turn your stomach!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused about what I should be upset about.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
What the fuck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck them, they hate America but they sure do love American money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]
What. The. Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
So, who is Imam Ali?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
whiskey tango foxtrot?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, who is Imam Ali?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Disgusting.

What kind of store is that?

This is what I'm getting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=9700+Harwin+Drive+suite+108+houston&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hold your horses before you start calling this place to give them a piece of your mind, just to make sure you aren't taking down any innocents.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So, who is Imam Ali?

Sunni Muslims consider Ali the fourth and final of the Rashidun (rightly guided Caliphs), while Shi'a Muslims regard Ali as the first Imam and consider him and his descendants the rightful successors to Muhammad, all of which are members of the Ahl al-Bayt, the household of Muhammad. This disagreement split the Muslim community into the Sunni and Shi'a branches.

Ali was appointed caliph by Muhammad's companions in Medina after the assassination of the third caliph, Uthman ibn Affan.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam_Ali#cite_note-8][9][/url] He encountered defiance and civil war (First Fitna) during his reign. In 661, Ali was attacked while praying in the mosque of Kufa, dying a few days later

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

9/1/01

September 11th 2001.

Can ye figgure it out now?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, who is Imam Ali?

And per that he died on the 19th day of Ramadan, which would have been right about the 11th this year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty sure that is one of the only situations where smashing the store front and burning the fucker down should be legal.

ETA: Didn't do my research.  Assumed it was a hijacker.  I really have no problem now that I know the facts
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Perhaps the fact that a store in the United States of America would be closed on SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 in memory of Imam Ali who died 1400 years ago ––rather than in memory of 2800 US citizens who were murdered eight years ago by followers of Imam Ali. Maybe something like that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to commemorate  myself beating the shit out of the guy who thought it'd be a good idea to hang that sign.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So, who is Imam Ali?

Sunni Muslims consider Ali the fourth and final of the Rashidun (rightly guided Caliphs), while Shi'a Muslims regard Ali as the first Imam and consider him and his descendants the rightful successors to Muhammad, all of which are members of the Ahl al-Bayt, the household of Muhammad. This disagreement split the Muslim community into the Sunni and Shi'a branches.

They obviously did it for shock value, so fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#19]
brick meet window

molotov meet store
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

9/1/01

September 11th 2001.

Can ye figgure it out now?

Well rather than just jumping on the "OMG muslims bad" bandwagon I did a little reasearch on who the guy was and why they would have taken that day off.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Read this before deciding:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/photos/martyr.asp

Sign was still in bad taste though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck them, they hate America but they sure do love American money.

That's it exactly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps the fact that a store in the United States of America would be closed on SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 in memory of Imam Ali who died 1400 years ago ––rather than in memory of 2800 US citizens who were murdered eight years ago by followers of Imam Ali. Maybe something like that?

Again.

They obviously did this for shock value, so fuck them in the ear.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
n/m
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if there's an attack on the 25th of December we should quit celebrating Christmas?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok, I'm not pissed any more. It makes sense now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
brick meet window

molotov meet store

You hit the nail on the head.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So, who is Imam Ali?

They obviously did it for shock value, so fuck 'em.

Well, to be honest, I'm sure one of Islam's caliph martyrs of the faith is a little more important to them(in their minds) than what 9/11 is to us.  I'm just sayin, don't shoot the messenger.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Not enough martyrs yet for them to be closed everyday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, who is Imam Ali?

Their store, their business. They can do as they wish.

And it's an important Imam/mullah to them from about 1500 years ago... If it were some current uber-radical who got waxed recently, I could see being offended or suspicious...

Meh... color me underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Sooo, this "Imam" got his 72 white raisins?

(So much can be lost in translation...)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again.

The reason the attack was made on 9-11 is because it has religious significance to muslims. I suppose we shouldn't take the day off for Easter because of the Easter Uprising in Ireland now?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, who is Imam Ali?

Their store, their business. They can do as they wish.

And it's an important Imam/mullah to them from about 1500 years ago... If it were some current uber-radical who got waxed recently, I could see being offended or suspicious...

Meh... color me underwhelmed.

It'd be like getting pissed that a business owned by a Japanese guy was closed for December 7th to commemorate the death of a Japanese samurai four hundred years prior.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

or perhaps... since we're wrapping up ramadan on sunday here.... they're muslim americans- and the death of imam ali just happens to coincide with our 11 september.... guess what- if we used a different calender and jesus's birthday fell on 11 september would your store be closed for 9/11 or for christmas...

wake up and quit following blind hatred.... not ALL muslims are bad people....

some dumb shit here
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So if there's an attack on the 25th of December we should quit celebrating Christmas?

I don't care what you celebrate, why you celebrate or when you celebrate it, but hanging a sign like that was done to make a point, nothing else. The point of that sign is "Fuck America," and the people who posted that sign should suffer whatever that message brings to their door in the marketplace of ideas as well as in the literal marketplace.

Demonstrations, boycotts, protests, etc. before you accuse me of something I didn't say...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Whatever you do, don't even think about making sure you know what you're talking about before pitching a knee-jerk hissy fit.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#37]
holy dog shit, what the fuck is that
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again.

The reason the attack was made on 9-11 is because it has religious significance to muslims. I suppose we shouldn't take the day off for Easter because of the Easter Uprising in Ireland now?

First I'll bet if you asked someone on the street what the Easter Uprising was you'll get a blank look.  But if you ask them what 9/11 signifies they'll either tell you terrorists or the US Government killed almost 3000 fellow Americans.

That sign is in bad taste at best.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It'd be like getting pissed that a business owned by a Japanese guy was closed for December 7th to commemorate the death of a Japanese samurai four hundred years prior.

If that business is in Honolulu, then fuck your samurai and fuck the horse he rode in on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or perhaps... since we're wrapping up ramadan on sunday here.... they're muslim americans- and the death of imam ali just happens to coincide with our 11 september.... guess what- if we used a different calender and jesus's birthday fell on 11 september would your store be closed for 9/11 or for christmas...

some dumb shit here

All they really had to do is post a "closed for business" sign for the day. The sign was written up like this for a reason.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#41]
sura 5-33. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

tell me  isalm is peacful LOL
sura 8-67. It is not fitting for an apostle that he should have prisoners of war until he hath thoroughly subdued the land. Ye look for the temporal goods of this world; but Allah looketh to the Hereafter: And Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.

68. Had it not been for a previous ordainment from Allah, a severe penalty would have reached you for the (ransom) that ye took.

69. But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good: but fear Allah. for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

sura 9-5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

some dumb shit here

I never thought I'd say this, but I am amazed at the amount of self-control and rational thinking displayed in this thread.

It was completely unexpected.

Of course there are the usual "burn the store down" idiots, but aside from that, I am impressed at the level of restraint.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#43]
They should of just said that they were going to close on the 11th with no given reason.  Looks like a in real life troll
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What. The. Fuck.

This
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Want to bet I know more Muslims than you? Have more Muslim friends than you?

Blind hatred? You don't know what you're talking about. At least I capitalize their religion for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some dumb shit here

I never thought I'd say this, but I am amazed at the amount of self-control and rational thinking displayed in this thread.

It was completely unexpected.

Of course there are the usual "burn the store down" idiots, but aside from that, I am impressed at the level of restraint.

I'm actually amazed at the level of apologists.

It's no wonder why the Democrats can say whatever they want and get away with it..............
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that is one of the only situations where smashing the store front and burning the fucker down should be legal.

Why? Because they're commemorating a religious leader that died 1400 years go?  That's like smashing someones window because they're closed for Easter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
All they really had to do is post a "closed for business" sign for the day. The sign was written up like this for a reason.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to bet I know more Muslims than you? Have more Muslim friends than you?

Blind hatred? You don't know what you're talking about. At least I capitalize their religion for fuck's sake.

really, you think so?

may wanna make sure of the fact first
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Because they're commemorating a religious leader that died 1400 years go?  That's like smashing someones window because they're closed for Easter.

He really wants to stick it to those radical extremists and their perfume store.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top