Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 10:04:48 AM EDT
This must have taken so much time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxN8sCIOOE
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hasn't even been a minute and I'm laughing my ass off.

He did a pretty good job.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It's funny, but I don't think it would have taken that long. He just recorded his voice for every sound call. Wouldn't take long.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's funny, but I don't think it would have taken that long. He just recorded his voice for every sound call. Wouldn't take long.

Did you see the bubble note? It is over 1000 sounds!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you see the bubble note? It is over 1000 sounds!

No I didn't; that's about twice what I figured. Still, it could practically be automated... set it up to play a sound, then record your version. Do that and you'd be done in a couple hours.

Not trashing it or anything. Just sayin...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]

This is similar to a beta of the second Deus Ex game that I got a chance to play... when they were working on the physics engine for it, originally they recorded the programmers speaking onomotapeias for each physics noise.  So they'd throw a grenade in a pile of crates, and instead of normal noises, they'd hear voices going "Boom!  Boing, creak, scraaape crunch boing scrape creak crunch WHUMP rattle thud scrape".

It was hilarious...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top