Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:08:58 AM EDT
We just purchased a new car in July, so we received a temporary license plate in the mean time.

Well, apparently we cannot register our car with the DMV until we receive the ORIGINAL paperwork from our purchase from the car dealership. The car dealership said they mailed them out, but we definitely did not receive them. Granted, we have moved since we purchased our car, but that was only very recently, and we did manage to get all of our other mail forwarded to us.

For the past several days, we have been calling the dealership trying to get an answer, and the only thing we get is them transferring us to their financial people, who never answer their phone or call us back when we leave a message.

The car was paid in full at the time of purchase, and all we need is our fucking paperwork. But the bad news is our tags just expired yesterday.

How much of a fine am I looking at when it comes to the DMV (not from being pulled over by a cop)?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you not explain to them what is going on and get another set of temp tags?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the past several days, we have been calling the dealership trying to get an answer...

Call?  I'd show up in person and raise hell on the showroom floor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about the fine ( i would think that most cops would give you a warning if the situation were explained in a very civil tone), but I would be in front of the general manager of the dealership, pronto! I know you said you moved, but hopefully it wasn't so far away that you can't get back to the dealership. If you can't do that, I'd call the dealership again and just ask for the general manager. Don't over explain the situation to the "indian" who answers the phone. Just state that you purchased a car from them recently and you have a problem and you want to speak to the "chief". More than likely, he (or she) will be the only one willing and able to help at this point.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can you not explain to them what is going on and get another set of temp tags?

that happened to me they lost the plates though and then sent them to my old address, get a new temp from the dealer to give you more time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the past several days, we have been calling the dealership trying to get an answer...

Call?  I'd show up in person and raise hell on the showroom floor.

Yup. It's their mistake, make them fix it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Most places its a criminal offense to fail to supply a title.  Might want to call the local DA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top