Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:04:17 AM EDT
Damn CoC rules regarding subject headings. Here is a fine example of why you SHOULDN'T have a one night stand with some crazy douchebag of a woman, I hope she gets prosecuted and thrown in prison:

Rape accusation 'traumatizing,' former suspect says

* Story Highlights
   * "I thought I was going to do time for something I didn't do," Kevin Taveras tells HLN
   * Rape charges dropped after accuser changes her story
   * Attack supposedly took place at Hofstra University dormitory bathroom

NEW YORK (CNN) –– Four young men falsely accused of raping an 18-year-old student at Hofstra University were trying to return to their normal lives Friday after an ordeal that two of them described as traumatic.

"I was really scared. I couldn't believe what was basically going through my mind. It was like a big nightmare, and I thought I was going to do time for something I didn't do," 20-year-old Kevin Taveras said on HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell."

"It was devastating," he said. "I was there just letting the clock tick and tick."

Authorities dropped charges and freed the four men hours after their accuser changed her story about having been forcibly tied up and sexually assaulted in a dormitory bathroom.

"The woman admitted the encounters with each of the men were consensual," Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice told reporters.

The woman recanted her story after authorities told her that part of the incident was recorded on a cell phone video, Rice said. VideoWatch Taveras recount being jailed on false charges »

"That was when she began to tell the truth," Rice said.

Authorities have not released the accuser's name.

Hofstra University has suspended her pending hearings into the matter.

Only one of the four accused is a Hofstra student. He has been allowed to return to campus. None has publicly described what happened that night.

CNN affiliate WABC-TV of New York spoke with another of the accused, Stan Felipe.

"We respect women," he said. "We know how to treat a lady. The thing they said with the rope? Come on. That's disgusting. That's what we were looked at as: disgusting men."

"It did traumatize us," Felipe said. "I'm just happy to be home finally."

Taveras also spoke with WABC.

"It was traumatizing," he told the station. "It's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty."

He added, "We were treated like animals."

They thought they might go to prison for 25 years for something they didn't do, Taveras said.

His mother felt as though "she was imprisoned with me," Taveras told HLN. "My whole family was imprisoned because of this."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/18/hofstra.case/index.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Was she a black exotic dancer?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The dupe police will be in shortly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Simple solution to these cases.

The false accuser should do 4 consecutive sentences for the rape that she tried to pin on those 4 other guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
They released the names of the two guys whose lives and reputations were jacked up . . . but won't release the name of the accuser who tried to get them thrown in jail.  Ain't it wonderful?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#5]
She deserves the same punishment those men would have received if convicted.

Woman gang bangs 5 men and then worries boyfriend might find out, so she accuses innocent men of rape.

She attempted to destroy the lives of those men and their families.

Thank God they had it on video.  She needs some serious prison time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#6]
If you can't trust a woman who will run a train with 5 guys, who can you trust?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She deserves the same punishment those men would have received if convicted.

Woman gang bangs 5 men and then worries boyfriend might find out, so she accuses innocent men of rape.

She attempted to destroy the lives of those men and their families.

Thank God they had it on video.  She needs some serious prison time.

10 years minimum, with felony on record and everything that goes with that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Simple solution to these cases.

The false accuser should do 4 consecutive sentences for the rape that she tried to pin on those 4 other guys.

this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top