Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 1:12:53 PM EDT
NYPD outdoor range in the Bronx today. Beautiful day to shoot, around 55 degrees and sunny. Anyhow I hooked up with one of our resident AR15.com ESU members (Ronin45) to do some shooting with "the boys with the toys"

First off, the guys seemed fairly impressed with the Rock River Arms M4gery. I was caught up with their pre-ban M4's with Knights RAS systems, Aimpoints, and all their hi-tech stuff...me? I had an Elcan to brag about.

We did all our shooting with South African surplus and SS109 practicing fast-fire drills from standing, kneeling, prone, and rolled on our sides(both of them) to simulate shooting from under cars. We also practiced malfunction drills and transitions from long arm to "Oh Crap my rifle's down!" pistol. Keep in mind I never did ANYTHING like this before and I was slightly intimidated.

So how did me and the 2001 LEGP do? Not bad for a rookie, I suppose. I was SLOW compared to the other guys but accurate, the Elcan sight is not suited for the type of shooting we were doing. I need fast target aquisition for CQB-type shooting, time to get an Aimpoint. On the other hand, the Rock River Arms LEGP [b]DID NOT FAIL ME AT ALL![/b] I know there are many reasons for malfunctions but I was happy to see my rifle not go down when others were having their own problems. I believe that was more important than anything else I picked up today. At the end, I kept firing rounds till the handguards were too hot to hold and smoke was coming from the rifle...not a damn hiccup! The 2001 LEGP kicks ass in my book, to all that missed out on getting one the [b]2002 LEGP AR15[/b] will be coming out very shortly. [red]DO NOT MISS OUT ON IT![/red]

Also, much thanks to [b][blue]Ronin45[/blue][/b] and his group of shooters for inviting me to hang today. I picked up some very good stuff in the few hours we spent and I look forward to doing it again. [beer]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
wow..... thats in the big cesspool right? lemme see, thats only about a 6 hour drive for me. heheheh can i go next time?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
We are so glad that you are having fun.....You deserve it! [beer]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ray, are NYPD allowed to have their personal "Assault Weapons" within the boundries on NYC (Bronx)?

Cool. (I'm jealous)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmmn, the thought never did cross my mind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Ray..........thanks for continuing to try and inform people of just what how good a rifle the 2001 LEGP is.

Many people have never heared of Rock River Arms but after they do they don't forget em'.

Personally, after having shown the LEGP to people who have been largely only familiar with Colt, Bushmaster & Armalite, they have all been considerably impressed.

My own LEGP has never let me down and it is one of my favorite weapons.

Glad you got such a great opportunity to hang with other members and to hone your skills even more.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck getting more
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good luck getting more
View Quote

Yeah, I know there is no chance of ever getting a 2001 AR15.com LEGP again, unless someone is selling theirs off. I'm just trying to strike up some more interest(like you need more) in the upcoming [b]2002[/b] LEGP for those that missed out the first time around. These LEGP rifles are legit and perform very well![heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top