Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:36:01 AM EDT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8262531.stm

An Australian man who freed his dog from an animal pound's "death row" and then went on the run has offered to surrender, police say.

Ron Gilbertson's dog, Max, was going to be put down for mauling sheep.

Mr Gilbertson went to say goodbye to Max last week, but instead cut the dog from his cage and fled, leaving his wife and two children.

Police in South Australia say the renegade pair were located after a search and were prepared to surrender.

"We have found out where he is and he will come in within the next few days to surrender to charges," Andy Stott of Mount Gambier police said.

Mr Gilbertson faces charges of damaging property and removing a seized dog.

He could also face a large bill for legal costs related to his earlier court attempt to overturn the decision to destroy Max, a Staffordshire terrier cross.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What did the poor lamb do to deserve such treatment?

They were tasty and succulent. Pretty much asking for it, IMHO.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Owners fault all around, HE is the one that let his pooch run free and kill other peoples property. If he is pissed at anyone, it should be at himself.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Owners fault all around, HE is the one that let his pooch run free and kill other peoples property. If he is pissed at anyone, it should be at himself.

Agreed, but I would be tempted to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd have sprung my dog too.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe "that's not a staffordshire mix" along with pics to play the multiple guess bull terrier game hasn't surfaced yet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
This site is really going downhill now with bestiality. People going on lambs is a little much.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
And the dog dies for it.

People are fucked up to let their beloved pet do such things
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This site is really going downhill now with bestiality. People going on lambs is a little much.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd have sprung my dog too.

-Foxxz

Yup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top