Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:24:18 AM EDT
i notice all the outrageous prices  at gunbroker   week after week same sellers  selling stuff  to high priced , obviously
they can re list  until they sell the item,,  gunbroker should do a upfront  cost like ebay does ,then you will see the prices go down to normal

what you guy think  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
NO and FUCK EBAY
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Obviously this is all up to GunBroker, they can run their business how they please.

That said - there needs to be some disincentive to continually re-listing items, whether it is a fee or something else (definitely not as high as Ebay is). The high prices people put out to fish for suckers could be the end of them eventually as people actually looking for a bargain go somewhere else that does it better.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
It really helps to be patient at Gunbroker. I have literally looked for 2 years on the sight to get a 7.65mm BHP at a decent price.
And I have also e-mailed the different sellers offering them less than they wanted. A few times it has worked and I bought the gun at the lower price. They also have a haggle feature if you are the last price offered before the min. I have bought one gun using this haggle feature.

And since the market is getting saturated with guns again, you will see more bargains. My uncle just bought a Colt 6920 for $975 on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Eh, I've found some good prices on eBay, namely the M1A I bought.  If I were a dealer, I'd be happy with the people selling stuff for super high prices.  It would just make my prices look even better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It really helps to be patient at Gunbroker. I have literally looked for 2 years on the sight to get a 7.65mm BHP at a decent price.

And I have also e-mailed the different sellers offering them less than they wanted. A few times it has worked and I bought the gun at the lower price. They also have a haggle feature if you are the last price offered before the min. I have bought one gun using this haggle feature.

And since the market is getting saturated with guns again, you will see more bargains. My uncle just bought a Colt 6920 for $975 on Gunbroker.

There will be a lot of them out there but they will want the inflated price that they bought them for.

Sort of like houses today lol
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a G20sf on gunbroker 2 weeks ago for $520 shipped.($545 after a $25 transfer fee)  That's about $100 less than what I've seen locally.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Prices are what the market will bear. Buy or don't. Free-market and all.

That being said there are some great deals on GB, you just have to hunt for them.

I have a friend into S&W wheelguns. He uses my account and bids on them if he thinks they are a good deal, then I do the FFL transfer for him when they get it.

He usually saves around $100 or more compared to local, even adding in shipping and transfer fees.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Found good prices on gunbroker, too.  No fee until the item sells means people can aska  higher price and relist until it sells.  If you have to have money pronto it's easy to undercut everyone else.  Gunbroker is obviously making enough money to be happy with the setup.

I suppose since things cost more than you want to pay Gunbroker should be forced to adopt a system that lowers the cost to you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
What's the problem?  How does it hurt anybody to have a bunch of overpriced auctions floating around out there?  If nothing else, it helps keep Gunbroker collecting fees.

I've never had a problem buying or selling for a fair price over there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
gunbroker likes guns relisted.

the worst thing for them is if you search for a particular gun and your search turns up zero.

They want your search to have 87 hits.  They could care less if the prices are reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That being said there are some great deals on GB, you just have to hunt for them.

I have a friend into S&W wheelguns. He uses my account and bids on them if he thinks they are a good deal, then I do the FFL transfer for him when they get it.

He usually saves around $100 or more compared to local, even adding in shipping and transfer fees.

YMMV.

please tell me this means you are a FFL....

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I couldn't care less about Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV.

LOL.  I raised an eye brow when I saw that as well.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Why even bother with gun broker; we have the cheapest prices!  ~ctd
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV.

LOL.  I raised an eye brow when I saw that as well.

Sorry I was tired when I typed it.

He just uses my account so his wife doesn't see the e-mails when he bids. When he wins I send a copy of my FFL ( I am a FFL/SOT) to the seller, then I do the paperwork/transfer stuff when it comes in to him.

His wife is not the wiser and I get more positive feedback. Win/Win.

Hope that clears it up.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I mistakenly bought a lower on gunbroker during the peak prices.  I couldn't find anything locally though, but I should have just waited for the sheep to settle down a bit.  I was the sucker.

I've seen decent prices on gunbroker compared to my local funshops though...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I buy and sell on GB all the time.  No one likes my prices, but I cannot sell for free, and I do not expect to buy for free.  I set a price I think is fair and the market decides if I am right or I am wrong.  If I want to move it out and be rid of it I price it to sell, and let the bidding begin.

So if you do not like my price, make me a fair and proper offer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top