Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:23:11 AM EDT
I have this aweful POS and it occasionally pops up like a cold sore.

I am running Firefox, and I have deleted it from my search engines, but now and again it will re direct my homepage to it's home page.

How do I get rid of this shit?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to right click the one of the toolbars and uncheck it. If all else fails I bet you could uninstall and reinstall FF.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Check your installed programs.

FWIW, a lot of "free" software comes bundled with stupid crap like search bars.  I have literally seen browsers that only had a quarter of the window showing the website because some people either didn't know that stuff was bundled with their stuff, or didn't know you could opt-out during the install.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Check your installed programs.

FWIW, a lot of "free" software comes bundled with stupid crap like search bars.  I have literally seen browsers that only had a quarter of the window showing the website because some people either didn't know that stuff was bundled with their stuff, or didn't know you could opt-out during the install.

I am guessing that this is the source.  The kiddo just installed iTunes on a portable HD using my now infected laptop.  

I can't find where the damned toolbar is hiding though.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top