Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 6:17:24 AM EDT
Or at least one specific question...

I'm headed to a couple fairs next week. I'm going to have two, maybe three differently focused resumes ready, but they're all two pages long. My question is, how should I have them prepared to hand out? I've heard double sided resumes are a no-go. Should I have them paper clipped? Stapled? Or just loose and unattached?

Also, one other unrelated question that I think I can still throw into the same thread. Monday I got a call from a guy letting me know that I could possibly be called up for an interview later this week, maybe next week. He said he would be the one who would call me. I asked what the likelihood of getting the interview would be, and he said "pretty likely, since they moved your resume forward". I have his phone number, and before we got off the phone he gave me his email address. So far, haven't heard anything. The job fairs I'm going to next week are in the general area where the interview would be. Would it be a good idea to let him know by email that I will be in the area then? Or just wait for him to contact me? ETA: I've pretty much already decided to email him, but if that's highly recommended against for some reason, I'll reconsider that course of action.

Any other tips or advice is greatly appreciated. I've posted job seeking questions here before, I'm a newbie at it. Getting into the Army was a lot easier.

I posted this in Team also, but traffic is just too slow there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top