Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:33:49 AM EDT
I am watching yesterday's show. The guy is calling out Republicans with everyone else. He is the ONLY voice (at that level) that is saying what needs to be said.

Frankly, I am surprised he has been on the air this long.

You know...no freak car accidents or anything.

So for the Beck haters...what exactly is your gripe? Can you try to articulate it for me so I understand why you're resisting one of our best hopes?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I just don't care for the delivery. Love what he's doing and the information he provides though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just don't care for the delivery. Love what he's doing and the information he provides though.

+1

Also too much of what he delivers I learned in HS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree it can be a little abrasive at times...but the guy is inherently an entertainer.

I am more than happy to take the good with the bad on this one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I like his message, but he can really be a sarcastic douchebag at times.

I watch it once or twice a week, as from what I've seen he tends to overlap a bit on each show. But sometimes he's just really annoying to watch.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

glad he is out there, but i can't stand to listen to him.

This.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am watching yesterday's show. The guy is calling out Republicans with everyone else. He is the ONLY voice (at that level) that is saying what needs to be said.

Frankly, I am surprised he has been on the air this long.

You know...no freak car accidents or anything.

So for the Beck haters...what exactly is your gripe? Can you try to articulate it for me so I understand why you're resisting one of our best hopes?

First, I am not a Beck "hater." More of a Beck ignorer. Same with Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, et al.  At the end of the day, they are all entertainers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, Michael Weiner is another story. Him I despise with every fiber of my being.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Another +1

I dislike rant radio and TV in general regardless of which side of the political spectrum the mouthpiece tries to represent.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

At least, DVR his show. Give him ratings.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I am just glad to have him out there (along with many others) going after the communists.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like his message, but he can really be a sarcastic douchebag at times.

No wonder I don't have any friends
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#12]
He's a mad man! Well, at least according to Time.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I love his show, and typically have no problems with his delivery, it's just his style, and apparently it gets people to watch.

Only thing I ever saw on his show that I really didn't care for was that fake crying/choked up moment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the message, but I can tolerate only small amounts of him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Too much theatrics.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#16]
You know most of us here are obviously somewhat better informed than the average schmuck. Not that we're a hive of political geniuses here...

but I think we have a better concept of liberty than, say, the folks on a car-tuning board, etc.

My point is, perhaps Beck's delivery is more palatable to the politically uninitiated. I watch him as a third party. That is, I tune in thinking "I wonder what the masses are going to hear today..."

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#17]
A bit obnoxious, but you can't deny that he's a one man wrecking crew when it comes to this anti-American administration.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I listen and watch Beck sometimes. In fact I am listening to him online right now.  My only gripe is that almost half what he says he speaks it a tone that makes it seem like he is talking to a child.  Some other people do this, but only when they are driving home the main point of what they are saying.   Beck does it all the time.  It gets old and annoying.

Also there is the crying.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#19]
It's obvious that he was brought on board to take some heat off of Bill O'Reilly, and that strategy has been extremely successful in doing what it was intended to do. Now Bill can look like the mature and thoughtful one, and Glen can be the sideshow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#21]
He's a little strange in his delivery, kinda like some everyday common folks I run into from time who are passonately pissed off. I think it's kinda a breath of fresh air from the dry monotone delivery of the other pundits. It must be working because a hell of a lot of folks are able to relate to him and he gets ordinary folks fired up enough to call their legislators. Rush & Savage & Boortz et al. do a good job at getting people pissed off, Beck seems to get folks off their ass and doing something about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Mark Levin nailed it right for me a few days ago.

He ain't no Rush and for his followers and the politico to try and 'raise' him up as such is a tad bit too much.

Other than that...he is OK with me.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Judged as a TV personality, I consider him what he has always self-described himself as being; "A Rodeo Clown".  However, his message is spot-on and I enjoy the substance of what he says if not the delivery. Maybe if some of the more fashionable "clowns" in the media started acting like journalists instead of whores for their pimps in "progressive politics" then nobody would have to watch Glenn.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's obvious that he was brought on board to take some heat off of Bill O'Reilly, and that strategy has been extremely successful in doing what it was intended to do. Now Bill can look like the mature and thoughtful one, and Glen can be the sideshow.

Based on Beck's ratings, if he had O'Reilly's time slot, he would blow him out of the water.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

This.

+1

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
His baby talk, engineered crying jags, stupid faces and all make him entirely unwatchable.  Well that, and his constant "Watch tomorrow!" crap.

Good on him for getting info out.  Maybe one day he can stop acting like an idiot so that more folks can take him seriously.

Then who is going to watch him?

Again, I think any of us here that are politically inclined find Beck's delivery somewhere below our intellectual pursuits.

However, to the political newbs...he is perfect! He has the exact type of delivery needed to attract attention (which he has done, look at his ratings) and those new people will be egtting good information.

I have the internet and the library to go to in order to study deeper concepts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe you guys should stick to Brit Hume if the people with a pulse frighten you.

If you like monotonous, slow, and absolutely no facial expression, he's your man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mark Levin nailed it right for me a few days ago.

He ain't no Rush and for his followers and the politico to try and 'raise' him up as such is a tad bit too much.

Other than that...he is OK with me.

Mark Levin has turned whiny bitch lately with an axe to grind over Glenns book sales.

I wouldnt put too much stock in his ability to remain nuetral on the subject.

He may have alterior motives.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe you guys should stick to Brit Hume if the people with a pulse frighten you.

If you like monotonous, slow, and absolutely no facial expression, he's your man.

So you are more interested in being entertained than informed. Got it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, thats it.

Some of you are more interested in Glenns facial expressions and tone of voice than the fact that he and his staff have accomplished more in 6 months than ALL the other radio hosts have in 23 years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I dislike Glen Beck for several reasons.  For starters, he's a (edited for my asshattery), a former alcoholic, loudmouthed, uneducated, dipshit that does more to make honest republicans look crazy and hurt our cause.  FUCK GLEN BECK!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't watch a lot of TV. In fact I didn't watch any at all during my last deployment.  I'd read all the threads on here giving e-fellatio to Beck though, and was interested to see what all the fuss was about.  I flipped on good old Fox when I got my satellite tv hooked back up and couldn't believe that was the same guy you were all raving about.  He's an infantile buffoon, regardless of how good his message is.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Because I'm a grown up and histrionic bitches get on my nerves.

I'm glad he's getting results, though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, thats it.

Some of you are more interested in Glenns facial expressions and tone of voice than the fact that he and his staff have accomplished more in 6 months than ALL the other radio hosts have in 23 years.

That's a pretty low hurdle to clear.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, thats it.

Well, assuming you're a republican OR conservative (not to be confused) and you wish to see your traditions and values respected and the Consititution enforced, then the talk radio circuit is all you got.

I'm a little tired of hearing about the problem. We ALL know there's a problem. Yes Rush, the media is biased, we fucking know. Now WTF do we do about it?

That's why I like Glenn. A man with a solution.

Don't like it?

Find your own and spread it to millions of people. For me, I can deal with Glenns voices and faces.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been saying it for years:  Glenn Beck is a drama queen.  I don't care for his type - never have.

ETA: In spite of his melodramatics, I do appreciate that he's shaking up the administration.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, thats it.

Well, assuming you're a republican OR conservative (not to be confused) and you wish to see your traditions and values respected and the Consititution enforced, then the talk radio circuit is all you got.

I'm a little tired of hearing about the problem. We ALL know there's a problem. Yes Rush, the media is biased, we fucking know. Now WTF do we do about it?

That's why I like Glenn. A man with a solution.

Don't like it?

Find your own and spread it to millions of people. For me, I can deal with Glenns voices and faces.

Talk radio is our ONLY salvation? Then we are truly and properly screwed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I like Beck, but I enjoy Levin more.  Beck delivers his material in a theatrical manner which is entertaining and I'm glad he's getting the good word out there.  Levin delivers his material with a fire-in-the-belly passion.

Beck ridicules, Levin condemns.  It's nice to have both fronts on the attack and I honestly think it's better that those two aren't rolled into one because that combination just might be the definition of Rush Limbaugh, and is why the two of them - while both great men - will never equate or surpass Rush.

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

I agree on the delivery. I have him on right now. He is hard to listen to. It took me a few weeks of trying and turning him off, before I could stand to listen. The over voices, and all the other shit that he throws in there, really suck. It seems like he's trying to appeal to the high school audience. That shit gets old real fast.

Seems like the last hour he tones that crap down some. For me that's the best time to listen to him.

I do like what he's doing, just wish he'd change how he presents it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#40]
He acts kind of goofy but what he's done for this country I can live with it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Another +1

I dislike rant radio and TV in general regardless of which side of the political spectrum the mouthpiece tries to represent.

I get fed up with them too ––- can't stand any of the conservative talk shows, they keep repeating the same stuff every 10 minutes, they keep refering to things that everyone has heard a billion times, they butt in to callers, they say "listen to this soundbite coming up next" and then go off on rants and don't get to the soundbite for another hour... it pisses me off. (Yes I am looking at you Victoria Taft and Lars Larson!)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#42]
He's a little shrill for my tastes sometimes...

But still, anyone who helped take-down ACORN is a good-guy in my book!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#44]
He gives me a headache.  His delivery is frantic.  It was amusing at first.

William F. Buckley, Jr. never sounded that way.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I dislike Glen Beck for several reasons.  For starters, he's a mormon, a former alcoholic, loudmouthed, uneducated, dipshit that does more to make honest republicans look crazy and hurt our cause.  FUCK GLEN BECK!

Classy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#46]
In before Motown Steve.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dislike Glen Beck for several reasons.  For starters, he's a mormon, a former alcoholic, loudmouthed, uneducated, dipshit that does more to make honest republicans look crazy and hurt our cause.  FUCK GLEN BECK!

Classy.

I stand by that statement.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

Well, you're certainly up front about it.  I'll give you that.

Doesn't look like you and I could ever be friends (apparently I'm not your type) but at least I'll always know where you stand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classy.

Well, you're certainly up front about it.  I'll give you that.

Doesn't look like you and I could ever be friends (apparently I'm not your type) but at least I'll always know where you stand.

Sorry Shane, I have edited my original post.  Slamming Mormonism brings me down to a level where I would rather not be and was unnecessary.   I just think the man is an idiot and listening to him speak makes my brain hurt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Personally - I question his reasoning skills based on his religious beliefs. To each his own, and not to slam anyones beliefs, but be careful not to make this guy into something he isn't.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top