Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 11:23:38 PM EDT
The cops aren't all card carrying members of the Brady Campaign, and the gun people aren't all making thinly veiled racist remarks.
Watching Cold Case on TNT...or rather I was.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If you had to align "cops" and "military" with "liberals" and "conservatives" in a 2X2 matrix, how would it go?

ETA: You really have no idea where you fit in, do you? I wonder when you'll get the ides of what a "statist" is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a segment from Cops where three guys chased some drunk hobo around the neighborhood beating the crap out of him and one guy had a handgun on him.

The guys just got a talking to about not taking things so far and the hobo got carted off to the drunk tank and facing charges when he sobered up.

I was like, "huh?".
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The cops aren't all card carrying members of the Brady Campaign, and the gun people aren't all making thinly veiled racist remarks.

Law&Order is worse.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you had to align "cops" and "military" with "liberals" and "conservatives" in a 2X2 matrix, how would it go?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
A thin skin is not beneficial to your chosen profession
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I really wish that the cop shows didn't potray cops as arrogant in your face douche nozzles...

Its a shame cause most of my LEO encounters have been with reasonable, reserved and easy to deal with people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!

Do you think you represent statism or freedom more?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Law&Order is worse.

This one is horrible.
Tracking down a gun used in a school shooting, or something like that.
Visit the arms mfg, shows rows and rows of M16s.
The black cop says, with a hint of irritation, says "retooling now that the 92 ban expired?"
<implying I guess that no AR pattern weapons were owned or made during the time that the "92" ban was in place."
Arm mfg says "sure, it's about time polticians stop meddling with the second amendment"
White cop asks "Sell any macs in 1987?"
Arms mfg replies "Sure did, Macs were the weapon of choice for certain....populations during the 80s."

Seriously?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A thin skin is not beneficial to your chosen profession

My point is that I'd rather see a cop show be about catching bad guys and kicking ass, not having my nose rubbed in some writer's political agenda.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why?  The cop part is one of the few ways in which those lame shows are realistic.z
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The cop part is one of the few ways in which those lame shows are realistic.z

The cop part is one of the parts where the libs advance their statist, disarmament crap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
My parents had on a cop show the other week, CSI I think, and the show said the Ruger SP101 is a rare gun.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cop part is one of the parts where the libs advance their statist, disarmament crap.

Fortunately, we got another gun off the streets
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My parents had on a cop show the other week, CSI I think, and the show said the Ruger SP101 is a rare gun.

How about the CSI:Miami episode where they said the Ruger 10/22 was chambered for .223 and was a sniper rifle!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I like how DNA and Ballistics are portrayed. Just scan the items and press a button and viola! All the answers pop up on screen.

My favorite is when the 9mm is portrayed as a high powered ammunition.

"Burn Notice" while not perfect has been refreshing in a world were most action shows are about foresic detectives that run around shooting bad guys every week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about the CSI:Miami episode where they said the Ruger 10/22 was chambered for .223 and was a sniper rifle!!!

That was classic. I think that CSI:Miami is the show thats spits out more bullshit about firearms than any other.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't that the one where they faked Horatio's death? If so I thought it was all just part of the rouse. If not...

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!

Still waiting OP.......

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was classic. I think that CSI:Miami is the show thats spits out more bullshit about firearms than any other.

They do like to imply that there is firearms registration in Florida. That as we know is complete bullshit.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Law&Order is worse.

This one is horrible.

Tracking down a gun used in a school shooting, or something like that.

Visit the arms mfg, shows rows and rows of M16s.

The black cop says, with a hint of irritation, says "retooling now that the 92 ban expired?"

<implying I guess that no AR pattern weapons were owned or made during the time that the "92" ban was in place."

Arm mfg says "sure, it's about time polticians stop meddling with the second amendment"

White cop asks "Sell any macs in 1987?"

Arms mfg replies "Sure did, Macs were the weapon of choice for certain....populations during the 80s."

Seriously?

Did you see the one where the "massacre" in the park caused them to go after a kitchen table FFL from another state.

It ended in NY's attempt to sue some arms manufacturer. I don't even know how many other examples there have been.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!

Still waiting OP.......

Sorry, I got lost in thought polishing up my jackboots for the next shift.
You know how it is, when you are daydreaming of running roughshod over people's civil rights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a limited edition...a run of zero.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]
That's why I don't watch that bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Cop shows..........they're almost as stupid and boring as mafia shows.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#25]
That show is a badly written cop drama interspersed with badly done nostalgic music videos.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Hello from Wyoming.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!

Still waiting OP.......

Sorry, I got lost in thought polishing up my jackboots for the next shift.
You know how it is, when you are daydreaming of running roughshod over people's civil rights.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top