Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:48:57 PM EDT
Evidently because I have too much cat shit...in a double-wrapped industrial trash bag...in my front yard.

I have two cats. They're big cats. Google image search "Maine Coon" for more information.

For their litter box, I got a concrete mixing tub from Home Depot and I fill it with 50 lbs of litter. This lasts them for about a month. When it needs changed, I just dump the whole damn tub into a giant industrial-strength trash bag.

Well this last time, I waited two cycles before I put it out front for the trash guys. The bag was excessively heavy. My roommate and I estimated it at approximately 200 lbs, mostly absorbed water weight.

So we double bag it and wrestle the bag outside. I come home from work today and the bag is still there!

Then I find this on the local Sanitation Department's website:

So looks like i am getting reported to the local Health Department.

All I know is I am not moving that fuckin bag...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
200 pounds of cat shit and pee? I'd hate to be your neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
my eyes burn just from reading this
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
200lbs?!!?!?!

I can not throw out any thing over 40lbs
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Evidently because I have too much cat shit...in a double-wrapped industrial trash bag...in my front yard.

I have two cats. They're big cats. Google image search "Maine Coon" for more information.

For their litter box, I got a concrete mixing tub from Home Depot and I fill it with 50 lbs of litter. This lasts them for about a month. When it needs changed, I just dump the whole damn tub into a giant industrial-strength trash bag.

Well this last time, I waited two cycles before I put it out front for the trash guys. The bag was excessively heavy. My roommate and I estimated it at approximately 200 lbs, mostly absorbed water weight.

So we double bag it and wrestle the bag outside. I come home from work today and the bag is still there!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/amarburger1/Picture4.jpg

Canton huh? Glad I got out of there when I did. About two seconds after I graduated HS. If my parents would move I'd never have to go back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't want to move the bag again because it's too heavy but you expect the trash guys to pick up a 200 lb trash bag full of used cat litter?

Dude, spring for some scoopable cat litter and clean the box from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Mearly for the sake of the waste collectors you could have split it into two bags.

Neighbors of mine had a trashcan full of gravel (gravel for God's sake) sitting in front of their house for several months apparently in the hopes the trashman would collect it.  Can't fathom what they were thinking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#9]
DUDE
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Cat lover
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/amarburger1/Picture4.jpg

Canton huh? Glad I got out of there when I did. About two seconds after I graduated HS. If my parents would move I'd never have to go back.

Ya we had like nine homicides in Stark County from May-July

This is why I carry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]
light it on fire.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#13]
You waited 2 months to clean out the litter box? That is fucking disgusting. I bet your home smells great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It doesn't smell at all...the bad is sealed off, and I use good litter, never smell a damn thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL!

A few weeks ago I put out a bag that weighed about 90 pounds. I felt so bad for the guy who was going to heft it like it was nothing, I put a note in/on the bag that said VERY HEAVY.

I had to carry it out like a sack of groceries, because when I tried to pick it up like normal, the bag started tearing.

200 pounds is ridiculous.
Give the guy a break and split it in half.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You waited 2 months to clean out the litter box? That is fucking disgusting. I bet your home smells great.

Reading is fundamental.

50 lbs of litter at a time...one cycle was about 3 weeks or so...into the bag, tied off.

Next 50 lbs of fresh litter...another three weeks, then that went into the bad.

ETA: I got people over here all the time, and they have never said anything. They bitch about everything else, but not any smell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Find a pick up and go toss it in a dumpster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't smell at all...the bad is sealed off, and I use good litter, never smell a damn thing.

Jeebus.

This sounds like a news story ending with the phrase: "...All 73 cats were removed from the house, and the lady was taken to the nervous hospital".

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cat lover

Got a problem with cat owners?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Can't you just change small amounts of the litter at a time, so you could use smaller and lighter bags that no one would be upset about?

Or does it all have to be changed at once?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#21]
You know the drill.

BURN IT WITH FIRE.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#22]
they won't take bags that big and shouldn't have to.  I don't know how exactly you thought trash collection would pick up a 200LB PLASTIC BAG....

If I were them I would attempt to lift the bag knowing full well it would split wide open.  Then I would leave a 200lb mound of piss-saturated litter on your yard and laugh about it later in the breakroom with the guys.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
This had the potential to be as good as the Ryan's steakhouse story, but the bag didn't break.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Do the decent thing and split the 200 lbs so the garbage men don't get a hernia lifting up cat shit.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says you. Hate to tell you but non cat owners can smell it quite fine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#26]
That is disgusting.  Your "method" is full of fail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can't you just change small amounts of the litter at a time, so you could use smaller and lighter bags that no one would be upset about?

These are big cats...if I don't use the large tub, they kick the litter all over the damn place. I don't like dealing with the shit directly so I just dump the whole thing at once.

Here's an idea of how big they can get:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#28]

mabey they thought it was construction waste

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

[canton city trash collector] Yeah! Me neither! [/canton city trash collector]

Seriously, you gonna' leave it on the street?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Jesus, man.  A month between litter changes?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Find a pick up and go toss it in a dumpster.

This

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Using a clumping litter and scooping it out every day, the box rarely needs more cleaning.  Just add litter as needed.

I don't have Maine Coons, but I have 3 cats using one litter box.  I scoop it twice a day and dump the clumps into the trash.  With the deodorizers in the litter and the drying action, there's little if any smell.

Just googled Maine Coon.  Those are huge cats.  You should post pics.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
My suggestion would be to get a small trash can with a tightly sealing lid, place a bag in it and daily scoop the feces and urine clumps out and when the bag is full toss it to the curb. Your cats will appreciate not having to dance around piss biscuits and turds when relieving themselves.

ETA: I scoop twice a day for my cats and they know what times I scoop because they both use the litter box after I clean it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My suggestion would be to get a small trash can with a tightly sealing lid, place a bag in it and daily scoop the feces and urine clumps out and when the bag is full toss it to the curb. Your cats will appreciate not having to dance around piss biscuits and turds when relieving themselves.

ETA: I scoop twice a day for my cats and they know what times I scoop because they both use the litter box after I clean it.

ya I'm gonna have to start doing this...it will be cheaper in the long run too
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#35]
200 lbs

I wouldn't touch that either. Why don't you dispose of it in a timely manor and not have so much at a time? Surely they pick up your garbage more then once a month?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Yeah, I'd say that's a well-deserved citation.

200lbs of cat shit and litter, and you expect the trash guys to deal with it?  Jesus fuck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I was going to say to post pics then I got to the pic. Is that your kitty?!?!? If not you need to post pics. Post pics of the bag of litter and one of the kitties dumps, beside something for size perspective. We need more information to formulate proper responses.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
What's the boyfriend say?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
light it on fire.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was going to say to post pics then I got to the pic. Is that your kitty?!?!? If not you need to post pics. Post pics of the bag of litter and one of the kitties dumps, beside something for size perspective. We need more information to formulate proper responses.

No that's not mine...I will take pics in the morning and post back...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are big cats...if I don't use the large tub, they kick the litter all over the damn place. I don't like dealing with the shit directly so I just dump the whole thing at once.

Here's an idea of how big they can get:

http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/blog/ny-maine-coon3.jpg

Where exactly is that lady's face?  I am hoping that is a bad camera angle for her.

–– John

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You don't want to move the bag again because it's too heavy but you expect the trash guys to pick up a 200 lb trash bag full of used cat litter?

Dude, spring for some scoopable cat litter and clean the box from time to time.

Apollos, listen to Seabee.  You can't abuse the garbage collector like that!

While it will suck, break up the bag into < 50 lb portions and they will haul it off.  

Be very nice to garbage collectors.  They are one of the few people in this world that can make your life miserable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading is fundamental.

50 lbs of litter at a time...one cycle was about 3 weeks or so...into the bag, tied off.

Next 50 lbs of fresh litter...another three weeks, then that went into the bad.

ETA: I got people over here all the time, and they have never said anything. They bitch about everything else, but not any smell.

Reading is fundamental

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cat lover

Got a problem with cat owners?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/Seabee_Mech/LokiandMsKitty.jpg

That's almost as good as the "Bitch, please, I have backup" lolcat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Our collectors drop and leave lay anything over 50 pounds and I really don't blame them.  200 pounds of cat shit is something that I wouldn't expect anyone to touch.  Break it up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#46]

This has to be a trolling thread.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Don't you have some pot holes in the street that need to be filled?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I know this may be a weird concept, but, you ever think of maybe cleaning the litter box out every day? Jebus Christ dude.
I have two cats, one over 20 lbs, and one around 18lbs, and I have two litter boxes in my basement. I clean them every day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#49]
So basically you created a system whereby you collect an entire month of cat shit, rather than a regular litter box that needs to be changed frequently?

Instead of being lazy and doing it once a month, get a regular litter box and change it when it's full, and you'll never have a 200 pound bag of shit in your yard again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Find the closest ACORN office and deliver it to their door.  Leave a note on it that says "with all the shit you're in right now, a little more won't hurt".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top