Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 6:14:09 PM EDT
Not sure one could call it welding yet, but those scrap pieces of sheet metal aren't coming apart.  Well, at least most of them aren't.  

Still have some practicin' to do before I tackle the real job, but I think it's do-able.

For those who are experienced with welding, what tips do you have for learning and practicing to get better?  My car thanks you in advance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wtf are you using?

mig

tig

stick

o2/act?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wtf are you using?

Your dick, asshole.

How about some civility around here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not sure one could call it welding yet, but those scrap pieces of sheet metal aren't coming apart.  Well, at least most of them aren't.  

Still have some practicin' to do before I tackle the real job, but I think it's do-able.

For those who are experienced with welding, what tips do you have for learning and practicing to get better?  My car thanks you in advance.

Since you are new, if you come across a welding job on your car that puts your safety or someone else's at risk, let someone else weld it.

ETA:  Not trying to sound rude.  It just takes a little experience to know when you are getting good penetration and a good weld.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf are you using?

Your dick, asshole.

Hey, how about some civility around here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf are you using?

Your dick, asshole.

It was a pretty straight forward question. If you don't like the language boys use when working with tools, can I suggest cooking or perhaps quilting?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

e.

Do you know anyone that can help you? Anyone who welds on a regular basis?  Not trying to be an a-hole.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf are you using?

Your dick, asshole.

civility is a two way street

you were asked a question in a "rough" manner

you then attacked someone directly

I suggest you read the CoC

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Another helpful hint:
Most welders are men who work in a shop environment, not ladies at a tea party.  Manners are low on the priority list.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf are you using?

Your dick, asshole.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I do a little welding myself. What gear are you using? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm...ask for welding tips without any clues to your equipment.  You think there aren't different tips and tricks for different methods of welding?  Civility, indeed.  Bravo.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]
her heads up display must be broken.

Fuck you, asshole
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I do a little welding myself. What gear are you using? Maybe I can give you a few pointers.

I'll PM you.

To the rest of you, gentlemen, FOAD.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Dicks, tools, and penetration have been mentioned so far.

I have a very basic ability to stick or mig weld.  I find it's just as much of an art as it is a science or mechanical trade.  I gave up on welding but soldering always came naturally to me.

Good luck on learning to weld, I have no real advice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
coc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top