Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 6:03:37 PM EDT

G/F really wants one. Is this a good gun? The frame is Aluminum. Are the internals steel? Will she be able to find a good OWB holster with a thumb snap?  She likes pink and wants a revolver. A local shop has them for $375.

She likes pink
"
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
She have any better taste in men then guns?

Bail either way I guess.

Emory
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]

"I've heard" crowd, here.

Everything I have read about Charter Arms small frame guns has steered me away from them.

If she likes pink and is dead set on a small frame revolver, I would go on Gunbroker or something and find a decently priced pink-gripped Smith & Wesson 638, 642, 442 or the like.

I just found a non-pink gripped 638 for about $415 and that was an in-store price, so the bargains are out there.

Eta:

She's a nice looking woman, and a good taste in autos so far.

I have the same gun except I don't have those stylish pink grips, and mine is the DLX model.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a S&W 642 with pink grips. Much better quality, I think. And it's still "girly".
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
We were trying to stay under 400.

Maybe Charter Arms has fixed the problems they used to have?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Care enough to spend on a S&W or bypass revolvers totally.  To me buying a woman a revolver is essentially saying you lack confidence in her.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Care enough to spend on a S&W or bypass revolvers totally.  To me buying a woman a revolver is essentially saying you lack confidence in her.

This isn't my money I'd never tell her what to buy anyways. She'd just get what she wants I try to inform her of pros and cons when I can though. She already has an auto.

She just told me those guns aren't as pretty and told me she likes how the Charter Arms feels better. Anyone have first hand knowledge of them or know if the internals are steel? If it's reliable that is the main concern.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Good job coming off the pic from the gitgo.  If it were me I would go with a Ruger or S&W.   Color shouldn't be the primary consideration in a defensive weapon.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Get her a 1911, but no pink

eta:  My gf loves my sp101 Ruger
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The Ruger LCR seems like a neat gun for just a little more, haven't shot one yet though.

Could probably duracoat the plastic on it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good job coming off the pic from the gitgo.  If it were me I would go with a Ruger or S&W.   Color shouldn't be the primary consideration in a defensive weapon.

I know it shouldn't, but try to tell her that. I duracoated her pink grips on her Bersa for her. She wants more pink then just the grips now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Ruger LCR seems like a neat gun for just a little more, haven't shot one yet though.

The lcr is not a bad gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lcr is not a bad gun.

She held one today. She wasn't impressed with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
$79.00

+  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Haven't seen the ammo price yet ehh??  The ammo is the reason the guns sells for $80.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one for my fiance she loves it.  Action was a little gritty took it apart and polish the sear and trigger its nice now .I carry it sometimes because its super light.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Haven't seen the ammo price yet ehh??  The ammo is the reason the guns sells for $80.

Yeah, I haven't even shot mine yet.  Got a box of 50 for $30 at the gun show and thought I'd buy more cheaper online... nope

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Any more reviews from people who actually have them?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]
They are rough and crunchy

and get quite loose with use

they do work fine I have sold a few but did have to send one back as the chambers were rough and you needed a mallet to eject the casings

if ya want pink the pink handled Taurus is a better weapon

or get a S&W and order some pink grips from Ajax

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]
She just brought up a good point. If she OC's people won't see her gun is pink. No one would think it's a toy and know it's a tool.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Afternoon crew?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I have an old CA Police Bulldog that I inherited.   I took my wife out to the range and she didn't like it after sqeezing that DA trigger for an hour.  She then tried my XD and decided that she liked it way better.

Take your GF to a range and have her try shooting a wheel gun for a while and see if she still likes the trigger pull.  If she dosen't she won't want to practice with it and you will have wasted your money.

Sometime later we were at Gander Mountain and she found a Taurus PT 24/7 that we ended up buying for her.  She has a lot of fun with that at the range.  BTW, the polymer frame is pink.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top