Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:51:16 PM EDT

Oh lord

Michelle Obama turns to health care

Pushing for health care reform didn’t turn out so well for the last first lady in a Democratic White House.

But with a retooled staff and an under-the-radar summer behind her, Michelle Obama plans a packed autumn that aides say will include a “dedicated focus” on health insurance reform — the same issue that brought such headaches to Hillary Clinton.

“She will do things that fit in with what she cares about, like health care reform and the implications it has for family and kids,” said Camille Johnston, Obama’s director of communications. “She will spend her time focusing on where policy and people intersect.”

For the health care reform push, which got something of a reboot last week with President Barack Obama’s address to Congress, the aim is for the first lady’s imprimatur to put a friendly face and a noncontroversial spin on a complex, highly partisan issue.

She won’t get into the weeds on health care, pushing specific details or plans as Clinton did. Instead, she’ll make the soft, soccer-mom sell, highlighting the need to eat healthy, exercise and get preventive care. On Friday, Michelle Obama will appear at an event where women and families will talk about the health care system, and she will deliver remarks that will “amplify the president’s message on the need for health insurance reform,” according to the White House.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27258.html#ixzz0RQ273PbO
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Only if she has titty tassles swinging as she says it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I see they're going for the "Let the wookie win" strategy.  It's brilliant.  Republicans won't pull your arms out of their sockets if they lose.  Wookies are known to do that.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm pretty sure we learned last year that Michelle Obama has no business being behind a microphone.  Didn't the Obama camp make it a point to keep her out of sight during the election?  Unless she has taken lessons in tact, this is going to be a disaster.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
FUCK That Wookie Be-yotch!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see they're going for the "Let the wookie win" strategy.  It's brilliant.  Republicans won't pull your arms out of their sockets if they lose.  Wookies are known to do that.

Well played, sir.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh Damn! I meant to click on the "YES" option!

She's HOT!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

why the f*ck would I take her disgusting word for anything?  does her bringing it make the garbage plan any better?  no.  dumbass plan, no matter the pitch-person.

dude.  Silesius.  we need to get you out so you can see a decent woman.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you just a marxist idiot?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Smells funny.  BH is a family company.  Don't see them importing someone to "run it".
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, the Wookster is pushing it?  Well hell yeah, I'm in now.  Who wouldn't be?  Plus Madam Sphincter is upset about the '70's when San Fran was razed to the ground and over 85k people were killed and I don't want to be called a racist AND a homophobe so I'm just gonna call it quits before they throw in another cognomen, patriot.  Can't have that.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
yes, because i love her big ass nasty lumpy ass and freakishly long arms

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Wait wait wait....this may actually help the....

oh lord, I can't spin this at all.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#16]
No pie?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top