Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 12:19:47 PM EDT
1  You know for certian that in five years there will be a nuclear holocaust, how would you change your present life?

2  Would you like to know the precise day and hour of your death?

3  Whic would you prefer, a wild, turbulent  life filled with joy, sorrow, passsion and adventure--intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by freinds and family without any such swings of fortune and mood?

4  Would you be willing to go thru horrible nightmares for five years straight for a reward of extraordinary wealth?

5 You and a person you love deeply are in separate rooms with a button next to each of both of you.  You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person but will be killed immediately.  What do you do?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
1) I'd spend more time with the people I love.  It's so easy to get caught up in all the unimportant things.

2) NO

3) I'm a steady as she goes, tow the line type of guy.

4) NO

5) I would push the button, immediately if not sooner.  There is not much that I believe that I myself cannot endure, but harm to those I care for is something I could not bear.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahh, but life is sweet when there is danger of losing it.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
1) It would cheer me up.
2) I have already been told the year.
3) Either one if it got me a nice womenz.
4) I already had 7 years of nightmares. So when do I get my extraordinary wealth?
5) How soon does this take place before #1 or #2?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]

5) How soon does this take place before #1 or #2?
View Quote

Lets assume the questions were independent, and had nothing to do with eachother.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1  You know for certian that in five years there will be a nuclear holocaust, how would you change your present life?
View Quote

I would set about to try to survive it.

2  Would you like to know the precise day and hour of your death?
View Quote

Yes.

3  Whichwould you prefer, a wild, turbulent  life filled with joy, sorrow, passsion and adventure--intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by freinds and family without any such swings of fortune and mood?
View Quote

Ideally, I would like a happy, secure life interrupted only briefly by adventure and/or turbulence.  But given the choices you list, I would prefer the latter.

4  Would you be willing to go thru horrible nightmares for five years straight for a reward of extraordinary wealth?
View Quote

Yes.

5 You and a person you love deeply are in separate rooms with a button next to each of both of you.  You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person but will be killed immediately.  What do you do?
View Quote

Depends who it is.  If it is my wife or son, I press the button immediately.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
1)  I already live a clean life and am in touch with family and friends regularly, so there would be little change.

2) Not sure. Maybe within a couple of days or so, anyway.

3) See #1. (Hey, I'm boring, okay? [;D])

4) I've already seen some horrible stuff. Why not get paid for it?

5) Same as Shadowblade and RikWriter. I love my 13 yr old daughter immensely. I would gladly purchase her life with my own.

I have a feeling that most members of this board will answer in similar fashion, especially #5. Chivalry is not dead on AR15.com.

It would be [b]REAL[/b] interesting to post this over at DU and compare results. Anybody care to make any predications?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have always thought the world would be a much'nicer'place if we all knew the day we were going to die-but not the year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
JohnnieG,

What is DU?

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
democratic underground i think [url=www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?]this[/url] will get you there.

1 You know for certian that in five years there will be a nuclear holocaust, how would you change your present life?
View Quote

i have been trying to prepare for years foe any emergency. i wouldn't change much.

2 Would you like to know the precise day and hour of your death?
View Quote

no it takes all the adventure out of life.

3 Whic would you prefer, a wild, turbulent life filled with joy, sorrow, passsion and adventure--intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by freinds and family without any such swings of fortune and mood?
View Quote

i have allways pushed my luck, i like adventure.

4 Would you be willing to go thru horrible nightmares for five years straight for a reward of extraordinary wealth?
View Quote

when i see our dear republic in the shape it is in now, i weep, so i may as well get paid if i could.

5 You and a person you love deeply are in separate rooms with a button next to each of both of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person but will be killed immediately. What do you do?
View Quote

there is only one honorable answer to this question, lets just say i would know the answer to question #1 b-4 time was up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
JohnnieG,

What is DU?

View Quote

Geez satcong, where ya' been hiding? I thought all the long term members here had at least heard of [url] http://www.democraticunderground.com/ [/url]

These nut cases are so far left that they hate Diane Feinstein as "a corporate whore" and "right winger." [shock]  

Our own KBaker hangs out over there in their guncontrol forum as a voice of reason. Does a pretty good job too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]
5 You and a person you love deeply are in separate rooms with a button next to each of both of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 minutes pass; furthermore, the first to press the button will Kill the other person . What do you do?

What if this were question 5?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Come on someone answer the modified question 5.
I have nothing better to do now , I was just layed of!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL,

OK, OK.  I tell you what. I haven't been blessed with kids yet, but I'd tell the old lady to go ahead and push the damn button.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
1. I'd quit my job in three years and spend the remaining two burning up all of my savings and retirment and charging up every credit card in my wallet. I might not even make payments on them either. Also, I wouldn't pay my rent for the last three months or so. I might even build an illegal machinegun or two in the last few months.

2. I don't really care either way.

3. I like the life I live now which is happy, secure, predictable surrounded with friends and family and the occasional intoxicating success. I would like to win the lottery though.

4. Definately go through the horrible nightmares. I don't think I would remember them at all when I woke up. I can barely remember any dreams ever, whether they are good or bad.

5. I'd push the button. Why should we both die if one of us could be saved? I haven't had much fear of death since my brother died anyways.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL,

OK, OK.  I tell you what. I haven't been blessed with kids yet, but I'd tell the old lady to go ahead and push the damn button.  

View Quote

Good answer, but would she do it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Brother, after that fight last nite, it's a wonder I aint dead right now.

Kidding, who knows, who knows...prolly she would...because like I said before...Life is sweet when there is a danger of losing it...
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Ahhh yes life is sweet, but with my version of question 5 I can see both people being wasted.
Because if these two people are the #1's in each others lives....
It would make a heck of a seen in a terrorist movie, don't you think?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
1. start charging more for the potassium iodate I'm selling  [:D]

2. no

3. happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by freinds and family

4. no - a "nightmare" to me would be something like losing my son - no way

5. press the button
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Live and let live.

"Qu'est sera, sera .....Whatever will be, will be.....The future is not our to see..."

That's how I see it....I live my life to the fullest every single day and I enjoy it as much as I can.

Life is good.

1- No change
2- No
3- Life is unpredictable
4- No
5- Press the button
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top