Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:13:18 PM EDT
So this guy at work basicly has nothing and his future is pretty much shot, I kind of told him his only real chance for happiness is to either win the lotto or die and hope to get re-encarnated. I said that I could not life in his shoes, and I would off myself if I was.

He is not very attractive, has an annoying and piss poor personality, abuses substances (alcohol and drugs), has no car, no license, no money, lives with his parents, no girlfriend (and no hope of ever getting one), has defaulted on his student loans (owes about 75K), caught a drug charge which makes his 4 years of college useless (I guess he actualy used to be pretty smart, but fuked that all up too) and basicly has nothing to look forward too other than being a loser with a dead end job who will either die early or have to rely on SS if/when he retires (he has no savings or retirement fund and never will because its gona take him the next 30 years to pay off the student loans, by the time he pays off the intrest and penaltys its gonna be close to 150K)

I just can't see why anyone would want to live a life like that and I said what I felt. Now I am wondering if he might actualy do it, and if he does I might feel guilty. Should I feel bad about it,?

ETA: he never got his degree, couple credits short (likely story), and now he can't due to the student loan default. Works unloading trucks in our warehouse, making min wage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, always meant it with the utmost sincerity when i say something like that to someone, and usually even if they did it i would not feel guilty because deep down it meant they knew i was right.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Batshit crazy chick I knew was always saying she was going to off herself. One time I finally got fed up with it and handed her a .45acp and said "be my guest or shut the fuck up" (yes I unloaded it just in case"  She finally shut the fuck up and is still walking around 10+ years later.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
sucks to be him.

now that he has a felony about the only thing he can do is declare bankruptcy and then start his own business.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you care how he lives his life?  I only wish death on those who actually wrong me or mine.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
He should just ask Obama for some money....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why do you care how he lives his life?  I only wish death on those who actually wrong me or mine.

I really don't care, he seems like a nice person and causes me no harm (actualy is pretty helpfull and the brightest guy out there). He just has a life to look forward to that I could not accept as my own. I guess saying "should off himself" is not correct, I said "I would if I was him" not as advice but as a fact.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So this guy at work basicly has nothing and his future is pretty much shot, I kind of told him his only real chance for happiness is to either win the lotto or die and hope to get re-encarnated. I said that I could not life in his shoes, and I would off myself if I was.

He is not very attractive, has an annoying and piss poor personality, abuses substances (alcohol and drugs), has no car, no license, no money, lives with his parents, no girlfriend (and no hope of ever getting one), has defaulted on his student loans (owes about 75K), caught a drug charge which makes his 4 years of college useless (I guess he actualy used to be pretty smart, but fuked that all up too) and basicly has nothing to look forward too other than being a loser with a dead end job who will either die early or have to rely on SS if/when he retires (he has no savings or retirement fund and never will because its gona take him the next 30 years to pay off the student loans, by the time he pays off the intrest and penaltys its gonna be close to 150K)

I just can't see why anyone would want to live a life like that and I said what I felt. Now I am wondering if he might actualy do it, and if he does I might feel guilty. Should I feel bad about it,?

ETA: he never got his degree, couple credits short (likely story), and now he can't due to the student loan default. Works unloading trucks in our warehouse, making min wage.

Your SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM I CAN SEE YOUR POINT (if you wear a hat no one will see it)...............

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes––my brother, just the other day.  I asked him what he's waiting for, and to do it and be done with it.

I was sort of joking.  I'd feel awful if he actually followed my advice, though.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't care, he seems like a nice person and causes me no harm (actualy is pretty helpfull and the brightest guy out there). He just has a life to look forward to that I could not accept as my own. I guess saying "should off himself" is not correct, I said "I would if I was him" not as advice but as a fact.

Then you're being an ass.  It's not your job to motivate him.  Hell, he fucked up his life.  But it could be worse.  He could be lawyer or NBC executive.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top