Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:00:56 PM EDT
So my fiancee arrives home from work and says she's craving a sandwich and salad from Panera Bread. I love their sandwiches so we load up and cruise over and order. (they got rid of my favorite sandwich - chicken bacon ranch- but that's another rant) Anyway, we snag our drinks and sit down at one of the small tables. Or food comes and about halfway through our meal, the college kid behind me starts hacking up a lung. I notice, but don't pay much attention, thinking he may have just finished a doobie in the bathroom or something. Then his mother's phone rings. She goes through her little greeting of her friend and then lets out this little gem "oh yeah, we just got back from the doctor and "little jimmy" has the swine flu" " ya they ran some tests and said they were positive it was swine flue and that we should make him drink plenty of fluids so we went to the store and got water and gatorade to keep him hydrated". My eyes bulge and I grab my plate and abruptly stand up while my fiancee looks at me with a "what the fuck is wrong" look. I take my plate over to a new table, set it down, and then walk over and grab the napkins and stuff I left.. I'm planning on just ignoring it and vacating his general area when she says into the phone "ya so we came to panera bread because this might be his last meal before he dies" and laughs into the phone....

I lose it.

"Are you serious lady?" "Your doctor tells you that your son has swine flu and you bring him to one of the most popular and crowded resturants on campus?" She looks at me like someone just told her that tampons were made from dead baby seal skins.

"I hope this is the only child you have and that this is indeed his last meal so that your ignorance is removed from the gene pool" Again, blank ignorance blankets her face.

People around her start getting up and moving, my fiancee grabs our drinks and grabs my arm and ushers me towards the door.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Edited, rage = bad grammar.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't say anything to her.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
wow....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Embarrassed fiance...but well played.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Post 223 on a rant?

7/10
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
8/10

Yes, there are stupid people living among us.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Next time don't be so passive and stand up for yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
And on some other board there is a new thread of "Some big meany yelled at me and my sick boy"
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
This is not A taG
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Good on you!

I just found out a guy in my class is out with the swine flu...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You didn't say anything to her.

My first thought was to just let her be, but you bet your ass I made a scene and I'm glad I did. At least the other folks sitting around her had some warning.

Didn't realize this was post 223
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]
You should have called the cops and/or the local news, and then confronted them when the cops got there.

With any luck, the CDC would get involved as well.

Personally, I would just bitch at her then leave not too worried...because swine flu is a scam.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I am in before the Cool Story Bro picture  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
You know it takes like a week to get back results for swine flu, right?  Most docs are treating all flu right now like swine flu.  Certainly could be.  The CDC isn't asking for hospitals to track it unless the pt is hospitalized.  IIRC the seasonal flu test is only about 70% accurate.

jd1
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I would have left the building
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
How do the kids say it?  pwned?

Gawd ppl are easy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Gawd ppl are easy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]

If you did in fact say that, BRAVO to you Sir. What a cunt.

However, if that's what you wanted to say to her........well, me too. But your rant is only worth 3/10.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Dude seriously, it's the flu.  Yeah, it sucks, I have the fucking flu now, been out sick for a week.

But, it's still just the flu.  I don't know if what we have is H1N1, this is the sickest I have been in a dozen years.

Still, it is just the flu.  New varieties go around every year.  Some people get sick, some even die.

But it's not the BLACK PLAGUE.  It's the flu.

Was he coughing on you?  Did you touch his fork?  Did you drink after him?

If not, you can un-knot your panties and de-sand you mangina.  You will probably live.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#20]
(/Rummages around in the closet of the spare bedroom looking for the bullshit flag.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude seriously, it's the flu.  Yeah, it sucks, I have the fucking flu now, been out sick for a week.

But, it's still just the flu.  I don't know if what we have is H1N1, this is the sickest I have been in a dozen years.

Still, it is just the flu.  New varieties go around every year.  Some people get sick, some even die.

If not, you can un-knot your panties and de-sand you mangina.  You will probably live.

swine flu or not, go the fuck home, not to panera bread
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Gawd ppl are easy.

Quoted:

Gawd ppl are easy.

Yeah, and the really cool kids say it twice
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A brother gots to eat...

Seriously, it is very hard to get the flu via aerosol (coughing and sneezing).  You get it by touching something an infected person touched.

They rub their eye, then touch a door knob.  You open the door, then rub your nose.  

My 11yo son brought this home from school.  We all proceeded to get it.  Hard to avoid touching stuff in your own house.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A brother gots to eat...

Seriously, it is very hard to get the flu via aerosol (coughing and sneezing).  You get it by touching something an infected person touched.

They rub their eye, then touch a door knob.  You open the door, then rub your nose.  

My 11yo son brought this home from school.  We all proceeded to get it.  Hard to avoid touching stuff in your own house.

Which is exactly why a contaminated person should not be in public if they can avoid it. In this case it could have been. Mom could have gotten the order to go. But by your own addmission the family members will probably be contagious too.

TN, that's all I needed to read...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Why did you go back for the contaminated napkins???
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A brother gots to eat...

Which is exactly why a contaminated person should not be in public if they can avoid it. In this case it could have been. Mom could have gotten the order to go. But by your own addmission the family members will probably be contagious too.

TN, that's all I needed to read...

yep, and as the kid is there hacking all over the area he is sitting at (according to OP), the next suckers who sit at his table
will be touching his germs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Shit, now you're infected...and now this board could be infected!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#29]
What!?

I would love to believe you are joking, but I doubt it.

I hope you don't get sick!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#30]
They were probably screwing with you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember when teh AIDS freaked people out like that. I only ever knew one guy that got it (and died from it) but he was gay and proud of it. Nobody knew how you could catch it until later but nobody wanted to be near them at the time.

Don't buy the hype the MSM is selling on this thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top