Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 3:52:44 PM EDT
Just got this on an email from....http://www.gunlaws.com/consult.htm

A new campaign to quietly gather information on American gun owners is being rolled out by the FBI working with the nation's gun police, BATFE.

Code-named "Vigilant Eagle," federal agents plan to visit gun stores to meet with owners and staff, establish "friendly" relations and press the flesh, "in the hopes of obtaining informal information on people buying guns," according to information received and recently released by Gun Owners of America, a powerful gun lobby in Wash., D.C. GOA got the info from a well known journalist at a top U.S. paper who must remain anonymous while the investigation continues. A national break in this story will occur after the Page Nine and GOA leak.

Shop owners contacted by so-called vigilant eagles (they're unlikely to call themselves that) are encouraged to contact GOA with details of the encounter: http://tinyurl.com/my7c9s. The information will eventually be used in breaking national news.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
BATF always snoops around gun stores
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Gun Owners of America..........that's all I need to hear.

ETA:  Wonder if it's same operation........  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123992665198727459.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bingo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.

I thought spending 10 hours a day here was enough. Apparently not. Whats wrong with GOA??

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]

The ones around here seem to think so.

They get a little suspicious when a young guy in business clothes with a buzz cut walks in and asks about pre-ban lower receivers and legal transfers to convert non-ban legal AK74s into ban legal AK74s.

Both completely legal here.

Either that or they don't like young guys who look like they're military who want military style weapons.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My dog could have written that "news" piece.  I looked for the tiniest shred of fact in it (beyond pure conjecture) - but couldn't find any.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

I thought spending 10 hours a day here was enough. Apparently not. Whats wrong with GOA??

I would think that any person who speaks out against a pro gun organization must have an agenda.

Especially a no compromise pro gun organization. Hmmm something smells funny.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

I would think that any person who speaks out against a pro gun organization must have an agenda.

Especially a no compromise pro gun organization. Hmmm something smells funny.

Yup, got a great look at GOAs "no compromise" stance when they lobbied against our last two tries at getting CCW here in WI. Really appreciated  Larry Pratt's input on the issue. Listened to his foaming little screed about how the Personal Protection Act must be killed because it was entirely unacceptable that it included a provision to alert police when they ran a DL check on a CCW holder.  Mr. Pratt endorsed the efforts of Cory Graff of WGO when Graff was sending out emails urging WI residents to call their reps to tell them to vote against the PPA. GOA and WGO were successful, seeing to it that we still don't have CCW here.

Tell me, what do you think my "agenda" might be?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top