Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:15:29 PM EDT
or does he always sit around talking in cartoon voices and baby talk? Wow. Just wow.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I watch the show for content.  That may just be me though...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy acts like a retard.  He might have the information, but I can't stand the delivery.  Histrionics always pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
he is a comedian. that is where he got his start. a VERY bad one. but he now is our lone voice out there pretty much
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

i caught a bit of his show on xm. I thought it was a kids channel.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
he is a comedian. that is where he got his start. a VERY bad one. but he now is our lone voice out there pretty much

lone voice huh? What are you on?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
He entertains for America's ADD obsession.

My wife cannot stand his antics either, but as former radio DJ I think he does a great job.

The big thing is, he gets it. There are not a lot on TV that do. Shtick or not shtick, he is best thing going right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
He's over the top in his delivery but I like what he's  trying to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't we have this thread like 3 times a week?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
He is way better than Andrew Wilkow...  Wilkow just screams at the microphone and is so pissed off all the time that it becomes painful to listen to him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i dont disagree with his message at all. But my 7 year old can speak with more maturity.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
While I can do without the goofy voice, I sure love the content that he brings to the table.

Apparently, 4M people agree, too.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]

i guess you missed the part where he listed everthing that has happened

since he started looking into things

but that's not the point of this thread is it?

also here's some free advice, don't watch

eta: troll thread to ellicit negative responses IMO

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who else on tv says what he says?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

yea maybe more
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't remember the last time there was a thread like this.

Isn't it about time for the next 5.56 vs 7.62x39 thread?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I think he is great. I just picture the dumocrats going insane watching him expose all of their corruption through his funny voices. Pelosi and Obama must be sitting around watching him screaming at the TV. Fuckin awesome!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont disagree with his message at all. But my 7 year old can speak with more maturity.

Cool story.  I am not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish with this thread...  I don't think many will disagree with your original statement... what is your point though?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He is way better than Andrew Wilkow...  Wilkow just screams at the microphone and is so pissed off all the time that it becomes painful to listen to him.

i had to stop listening to Wilkow. He could condense his show into ten minutes if he just didnt repeat himself constantly.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who else on tv says what he says?

dunno. I dont watch much tv.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

watch the show.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

watch the show.

no tv at work.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I suspect he's bi-polar

Obscure Tick reference below:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

DU is that way ->
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's not just you.

Beck is pretty awesome.  I think he's a little soft on some things, but, overall, he really is a champion for conservatives and libertarians, and for American freedom.

Obviously, his delivery bothers some people, on a superficial level.  His message seems to offend the corrupt.

Honestly, fellows, when you bitch about hating his style of delivery, it suggests you aren't looking for substance, but for entertainment.  That's not a particularly mature or conservative way to approach political talk.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No man, it's bash Glenn Beck 3 times a day.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Just email him this : Hey Glenn, Thanks for what you're doing, but could you cut out the silly talk, we're adults here, not children
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+87

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#29]
It sure got you talking about him, didn't it?  /thread
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Pat Gray is Glenn's oldest and most trusted friend.  He has joined Glenn to help shoulder the burden of organizing and presenting the research, and also because they laugh like crazy when they are together.

I agree that anyone who has a problem with Beck's "tone" or "presentation" is focusing on the wrong thing.  Refute Beck's research, expose his facts, do ANYTHING but sit there on your fuckin' fat ass and arm-chair quarterback a guy who is at war on our behalf.

Because if you numbnuts don't believe we are AT WAR against domestic enemies, you are the deaf, blind, and stoopid.  Get out of the way.

All bets are off in war.  The nice don't win. The tidy don't win.  The compromised don't win. The WEAK don't win.

Beck brings the fucking heavy artillery, and you self-appointed "critics" are the REMFs shuffling papers in air-conditioned offices sipping your lattes, badmouthing his "appearance" in the field - he's not quite strack enough for you.  

Shut up.

If the Right weren't such femmy douchebags to each other, busy killing off our most effective voices with "friendly fire"  (a la Palin, Coulter, Beck, etc), we might actually have a chance to win back our country.

Someday if you have to have a deadly serious conversation with your spouse and kids about their personal safety because of the truth you speak, then maybe you can pontificate about "style" and "tone".  You worthless shits.

355 I find his behavior self-indulgent and undisciplined.  Fine for a citizen at a town hall perhaps, but not necessarily something I'd expect of a well-paid professional communicator.

Beck is an entertainer.  He is a recovering alcoholic and he makes great fun of himself and his overly-emotional reputation - it's all part of his schtick and was even before he got "big".  

But this is the deal...he saw that someone wasn't doing their job.   And by "someone" I mean the entire fucking journalistic profession.  

He knows he's not a journalist - he's not even pretending to be one.  But NO ONE was doing the job.  He has a bully pulpit, and he figured he might as well do the job the dipshit American media won't do.

So to the chagrin of many here today, he didn't engage in any navel-gazing about his style, his rep, or any of that superficial shit.  He just rolled up his sleeves and dug in.  

The more he uncovered, the more pieces to the puzzle he found, the more alarmed he became.  His urgency is what drives him now.  He's not sleeping, he's not stopping, he's not taking a vacation from his damn vacation.  

That's when he called in Pat for reinforcements.  Pat, deeply involved in the Houston community, and at great personal sacrifice, uprooted his entire family to answer that call, knowing he was going to be part of something greater than himself, and greater than Glenn.  Together, they are doing what no one else is doing and  PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER for the American masses.

The truly great are rarely, if ever, groomed for greatness.  They are regular folks like you and me, who see what needs to be done and just DO IT - the critics be damned.  Since they haven't been "groomed" the results are sometimes messy, sometimes unrefined - but they are goddamned effective because the passion for their cause is unrelenting.

Beck is demonstrating the very best spirit of our Founding Fathers.  Some of them were gauche, some of them were rough, some of them were rich, and others were aristocratic - but none of them were perfect.  They just did what they had to do.  They didn't believe themselves heroic at the time, but centuries later, we know better, don't we?  

Did I mentioned we are AT WAR?  Yes, I believe I did.  There is no time to pretty this up.  There is no time to waste waiting for some slick professional talking head to become convinced and make a less impassioned case on national TV.   If anyone had half the clue Glenn does, they would've done it already.  They haven't.  He has.

And you know what?  It's not just Beck.  It was Duncan Hunter, whom no one said was "electable" according to conventional wisdom (and look where that got us).  It was Sarah Palin, ungroomed for national exposure, who answered a call to step up. Shockingly, she displayed sound conservative instincts and brilliant charisma - something our side sorely lacks at all levels - all the while her family was being destroyed by attacks from all sides.

Now, a few more citizens are marshaling their meager, ragtag forces to make a play in this next election.  And the same assholes will critique their ties, their hair, their wives, their education, their speech, their kids - whatever.  And knowing this, they will still risk everything because they believe their country needs them.

They are regular folks who will fight, warts and all, for this country.  It may be messy, it may be unpolished, and you may scorn their style, but goddamn at least they ARE FIGHTING with everything they've got!

4% of Americans actually fought in the Revolutionary War.  About 17% total were involved in the war effort in supporting roles.  That means the remaining 83% were either actively undermining the revolution or were standing by and doing nothing.  Never have so few sacrificed for so many.  And thank God they did.

So who are you?  The 4% actually on the front lines getting your asses shot off?  The 13% who upheld the 4% at great personal risk and sacrifice?  Or the 83% who had nothing to offer, yet rest fat and happy while others do all the work?

Choose, or the choice will be made for you (you miserable 83% motherfuckers).
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just email him this : Hey Glenn, Thanks for what you're doing, but could you cut out the silly talk, we're adults here, not children

exactly.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not just you.

Beck is pretty awesome.  I think he's a little soft on some things, but, overall, he really is a champion for conservatives and libertarians, and for American freedom.

Obviously, his delivery bothers some people, on a superficial level.  His message seems to offend the corrupt.

Honestly, fellows, when you bitch about hating his style of delivery, it suggests you aren't looking for substance, but for entertainment.  That's not a particularly mature or conservative way to approach political talk.

good point...  beck and limbaugh have things in their delivery that I'm not fond of, but I listen for the content and opinion..  they are the best out there and I'm thankful for both of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Urban Dictionary:  MOBY ( n.) An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question.

The term is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who famously suggested in February of 2004 that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge: “For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you’re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion. Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, ‘What’s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?’”  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#35]

He's accomplishing more in Washington than I am, so he can do it any way he wants.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Pat Gray is Glenn's oldest and most trusted friend.  He has joined Glenn to help shoulder the burden of organizing and presenting the research, and also because they laugh like crazy when they are together.

I agree that anyone who has a problem with Beck's "tone" or "presentation" is focusing on the wrong thing.  Refute Beck's research, expose his facts, do ANYTHING but sit there on your fuckin' fat ass and arm-chair quarterback a guy who is at war on our behalf.

Because if you numbnuts don't believe we are AT WAR against domestic enemies, you are the deaf, blind, and stoopid.  Get out of the way.

All bets are off in war.  The nice don't win. The tidy don't win.  The compromised don't win. The WEAK don't win.

Beck brings the fucking heavy artillery, and you self-appointed "critics" are the REMFs shuffling papers in air-conditioned offices sipping your lattes, badmouthing his "appearance" in the field - he's not quite strack enough for you.  

Shut up.

If the Right weren't such femmy douchebags to each other, busy killing off our most effective voices with "friendly fire"  (a la Palin, Coulter, Beck, etc), we might actually have a chance to win back our country.

Someday if you have to have a deadly serious conversation with your spouse and kids about their personal safety because of the truth you speak, then maybe you can pontificate about "style" and "tone".  You worthless shits.

355 I find his behavior self-indulgent and undisciplined.  Fine for a citizen at a town hall perhaps, but not necessarily something I'd expect of a well-paid professional communicator.

Beck is an entertainer.  He is a recovering alcoholic and he makes great fun of himself and his overly-emotional reputation - it's all part of his schtick and was even before he got "big".  

But this is the deal...he saw that someone wasn't doing their job.   And by "someone" I mean the entire fucking journalistic profession.  

He knows he's not a journalist - he's not even pretending to be one.  But NO ONE was doing the job.  He has a bully pulpit, and he figured he might as well do the job the dipshit American media won't do.

So to the chagrin of many here today, he didn't engage in any navel-gazing about his style, his rep, or any of that superficial shit.  He just rolled up his sleeves and dug in.  

The more he uncovered, the more pieces to the puzzle he found, the more alarmed he became.  His urgency is what drives him now.  He's not sleeping, he's not stopping, he's not taking a vacation from his damn vacation.  

That's when he called in Pat for reinforcements.  Pat, deeply involved in the Houston community, and at great personal sacrifice, uprooted his entire family to answer that call, knowing he was going to be part of something greater than himself, and greater than Glenn.  Together, they are doing what no one else is doing and  PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER for the American masses.

The truly great are rarely, if ever, groomed for greatness.  They are regular folks like you and me, who see what needs to be done and just DO IT - the critics be damned.  Since they haven't been "groomed" the results are sometimes messy, sometimes unrefined - but they are goddamned effective because the passion for their cause is unrelenting.

Beck is demonstrating the very best spirit of our Founding Fathers.  Some of them were gauche, some of them were rough, some of them were rich, and others were aristocratic - but none of them were perfect.  They just did what they had to do.  They didn't believe themselves heroic at the time, but centuries later, we know better, don't we?  

Did I mentioned we are AT WAR?  Yes, I believe I did.  There is no time to pretty this up.  There is no time to waste waiting for some slick professional talking head to become convinced and make a less impassioned case on national TV.   If anyone had half the clue Glenn does, they would've done it already.  They haven't.  He has.

And you know what?  It's not just Beck.  It was Duncan Hunter, whom no one said was "electable" according to conventional wisdom (and look where that got us).  It was Sarah Palin, ungroomed for national exposure, who answered a call to step up. Shockingly, she displayed sound conservative instincts and brilliant charisma - something our side sorely lacks at all levels - all the while her family was being destroyed by attacks from all sides.

Now, a few more citizens are marshaling their meager, ragtag forces to make a play in this next election.  And the same assholes will critique their ties, their hair, their wives, their education, their speech, their kids - whatever.  And knowing this, they will still risk everything because they believe their country needs them.

They are regular folks who will fight, warts and all, for this country.  It may be messy, it may be unpolished, and you may scorn their style, but goddamn at least they ARE FIGHTING with everything they've got!

4% of Americans actually fought in the Revolutionary War.  About 17% total were involved in the war effort in supporting roles.  That means the remaining 83% were either actively undermining the revolution or were standing by and doing nothing.  Never have so few sacrificed for so many.  And thank God they did.

So who are you?  The 4% actually on the front lines getting your asses shot off?  The 13% who upheld the 4% at great personal risk and sacrifice?  Or the 83% who had nothing to offer, yet rest fat and happy while others do all the work?

Choose, or the choice will be made for you (you miserable 83% motherfuckers).

Yeah.  No one is doing anything, but you and Glenn Beck.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Urban Dictionary:  MOBY ( n.) An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question.

The term is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who famously suggested in February of 2004 that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge: ``For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you`re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion. Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, `What`s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?```  

yep. Sure. Im a liberal troll because i think beck speaks like a child. Weak dude. You got nothin.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The guy acts like a retard.  He might have the information, but I can't stand the delivery.  Histrionics always pisses me off.

Yes, I understand.  I had to move out of Kansas, because I was having fun.  Kansas will really screw with your histrionics.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DU is that way ->

if you can tolerate wilkow then you are a better man than I.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Didn't he used to be a drug addict for real?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Didn't he used to be a drug addict for real?

drinker

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Well, maybe you should watch all the other shows breaking this news like he does.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What? Type bigger I can hear you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tragically ironic.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the only one seemingly getting things done

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Seems more like daily...........
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#48]
All the conservative talk show guys play a part in a bigger show. Levin, wilkow, rush, beck, hannity, etc. All have followers that believe in them. Each of them has their own delivery. Beck isnt the only one getting things done.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#49]
If it irritates you, just IMAGINE how much the left must hate him.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top