Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 1:22:16 PM EDT
Link

Man survives crash, is killed walking away

By Associated Press

POSTED: 01:38 p.m. EDT, Sep 15, 2009

JEROMESVILLE: Authorities in Ohio say a man survived crashing his car into a house but was killed walking away from the accident when he was struck by a pickup truck.

The State Highway Patrol says 38-year-old Michael Bigley of Jeromesville ran his car off a road Monday morning and into a living room in the north-central Ohio community.

The crash awakened a man sleeping upstairs in the house. Kyle Dalton says he went outside and was calling 911 as he saw Bigley walking away.

Troopers say Bigley was struck minutes later by the pickup while walking in a road.

Highway Patrol Lt. Michael Combs says there was no preliminary indication that Bigley had been drinking, and it's unclear if he was hurt in the initial crash. Autopsy and test results are pending.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
And I thought I had shitty luck
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I couldn't... but yes I can relate to that kind of luck!

If it weren't for bad luck... I'd have no luck at all!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
final destination
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Link

By Associated Press

JEROMESVILLE: Authorities in Ohio say a man survived crashing his car into a house but was killed walking away from the accident when he was struck by a pickup truck.

The State Highway Patrol says 38-year-old Michael Bigley of Jeromesville ran his car off a road Monday morning and into a living room in the north-central Ohio community.

The crash awakened a man sleeping upstairs in the house. Kyle Dalton says he went outside and was calling 911 as he saw Bigley walking away.

Troopers say Bigley was struck minutes later by the pickup while walking in a road.

Highway Patrol Lt. Michael Combs says there was no preliminary indication that Bigley had been drinking, and it's unclear if he was hurt in the initial crash. Autopsy and test results are pending.

I'm sorry but crashing into a house and then wandering out to be hit in traffic is EXACTLY what I would call a preliminary indication that Bigley had been drinking.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Ouch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

By Associated Press

I'm sorry but crashing into a house and then wandering out to be hit in traffic is EXACTLY what I would call a preliminary indication that Bigley had been drinking.  

What if he'd been injured in the head/concussion and was dazed/confused/in shock?  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Something similar happened to a HS girlfriend (she was 17 years old) many years ago.  Guy hit a tree then hit her car.  She wasn't hurt, her car was barely damaged.  She got out of the car to check on the other driver.  They were both on the side of the road.  Some rubbernecker sideswiped both cars and killed her.  Think about her every time I drive past that spot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
final destination

IV
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
final destination

Zombie-shooting neighbor getting hit by ambulance in DOTD '04
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit, that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

By Associated Press

Guy I went to High School with died like that, survived a pretty bad accident, got out of his car dazed and confused and was hit moments later, down the street. Bystanders said he pretty out of it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Golfers would call that a mulligan.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link

By Associated Press

My thoughts exactly!

Read some of the other replies.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Final Destination
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#16]
That there is baaaaadddd karma.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I can just imagine looking up, seeing the truck, and saying ".......oh for christ's sake..."
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

By Associated Press

My thoughts exactly!

Yeah, it's not like a head injury is a likely result from crashing into a fucking house
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Was the car that hit him exactly the same as his? And did it disappear mysteriously after it rounded a curve? Cause that would be scary.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess it really was his time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Next time you survive a car crash, stay inside the car until the fire dept gets you out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]
sounds like something out of that show "dead like me"
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Talk about bad luck, damn.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Next time you survive a car crash, stay inside the car until the fire dept gets you out.

Sitting inside a wrecked car with traffic still coming at you isn't something I'd recommend...

I've stood by the side of the road with wrecked motorists while they watched their vehicles getting repeatedly plowed by other cars and trucks - and watching other vehicles lose control while attempting to avoid hitting them. You'd be surprised at how far away from a wreck you need to get in order to be completely safe from whatever happens after that.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#26]
THAT, bites.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#27]

I think the Man upstairs said "Wooa, he wasn't supposed to get away with that".
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
bummer
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

By Associated Press

What if he'd been injured in the head/concussion and was dazed/confused/in shock?  

Yup.  we had a guy a few years ago, speeding on the way to work in the winter, hit some ice, and split his truck in half on a barrier.  He stumbled out of the vehicle, and literally stumbled right on out into 70mph rush hour traffic.  To put it lightly, he got gibbed.  Was up on a bridge, and some body parts rained down onto the other interstate below.  That was a very bad day for pretty much half the city....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#32]
This happened maybe 10 miles from me. I did not know the people involved but I read in the local paper the guy that was hit had multiple past run-ins with the law, and I believe no licnese.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

By Associated Press

Fails to address why he crashed into a house, in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#34]
One of my sisters friends was in a minor accident on a busy 4 lane highway.  She and the other lady pulled over.  The woman crossed the street to exchange information and make sure she was alright.  On her way back she stepped right in the path of a semi.

I've been in a couple of accidents, both minor and serious.  Both left me dazed for a bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top