Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:06:13 AM EDT
It won't start no plates, wire have been cut underneath the dash, can't see the vin as some paper is on top of it,  the business on the side no longer exist and there is a bunch of shit in the back of it.  The key is in the ignition.  I have called the cops and will have to get it towed.  The sheriff dept said not to mess around with it until they come out.

What say ar15.com
my options are to have it towed and probably cost me money and never see it again
try to get it runnig and give it to a charity
take it to someones pp and blow it the fuck up

those are my choices right now.  I prefer the later, I guess I will have to wait and see what the popo say.  I'm sure there are some MO peeps who wouldn't mind blowing up a truck!
OK that was a pain, a dental camera is not meant for taking pictures of large objects.  I also learned that photobuckets website is a piece of shit!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Kill it with fire..
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Be an uber redneck and let it rust away where they left it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The last person who registered it is responsible for any costs you incur.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The cops will tow it. It's a stolen vehicle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Sell it for scrap after the popo look at it

Buy ammo

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Here in CA having a car towed from your property will not cost you any money.  I don't know your laws.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
My own included, I think it's hilarious the problems we ARFers encounter in our lives.  

I say just tow the bitch out of there and to a scrapyard. They're bound to pay you something for all that metal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
LEO should look up the v.i.n. and see if it's stolen. If so, they will have it towed.

If not, the registered owner should be responsilbe for having the truck moved, IF they can find him.

My vote is that it's stolen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Target practice.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah but the key is in it
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait till the sheriffs dept. come out.  If they tell you to take care of it then haul it for scrap.  Profit well not so much but it is better than paying someone to haul it off.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Let the cops deal with it. Most likely there is more to the story (of the truck) . They should take it away. I wouldn't spend a dime.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kill it with fire..

Yup

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#15]
blow it the fuck up

duh?!?!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I say just tow the bitch out of there and to a scrapyard. They're bound to pay you something for all that metal.

There are plenty of people out there who will take cars for free.  There are a lot of parts on any vehicle that can be salvaged.  It's generally only worth money if you can drive it to the salvage yard.  But any car you can drive there is worth $200 or so.

What you don't want to do is just leave it there for yellow jackets to infest.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#17]
If you take it apart or sell it for scap you could be gulty of receiving stolen property.  Just call the police and have them look and get their advice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Strip it down and sell it for parts. Leave that shit on blocks. That's how they do it in the hood.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Even if he provided proof of sale?  The 88 fox body sitting in my garage hasn't been registered by its last 2 owners.  So you're telling me that the owner before the previous owner could/should/would be held liable?  That doesn't seem like it would fly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Store all of your illegal stuff in there.  It's like God dropped a great big rusty plausible defense argument on your property.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Be an uber redneck and let it rust away where they left it.

Pay to get it towed??? Where do you live? Most junkyards will come get a car and pay you at least $200 for scrap value alone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if he provided proof of sale?  The 88 fox body sitting in my garage hasn't been registered by its last 2 owners.  So you're telling me that the owner before the previous owner could/should/would be held liable?  That doesn't seem like it would fly.

OK, I get your point.  It is important to keep records when you sell something like a car, in case it turns up somewhere abandoned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]
OK popo just left apparently its not stolen the owner is a wanted man though and no one can find him.  The cop said tow companies love cars like these as they are abandoned and can get a title very quickly and make some good dough.  I guess if I wanted to I could do it and make a little jack, but do I really want to deal with this,  probably not.  Well I have 4 days until it is towed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#25]
and no I don't have to pay to get it towed, like I said tow companies love cars like this.  So says the police.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I get your point.  It is important to keep records when you sell something like a car, in case it turns up somewhere abandoned.

Wasn't arguing.  Was really trying to clarify.  Not that I plan on dumping it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#27]
No I'm not leaving this there either, its at my strip mall, and I'm already having a hard enough time renting the place out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OK popo just left apparently its not stolen the owner is a wanted man though and no one can find him.  The cop said tow companies love cars like these as they are abandoned and can get a title very quickly and make some good dough.  I guess if I wanted to I could do it and make a little jack, but do I really want to deal with this,  probably not.  Well I have 4 days until it is towed.

Well, that piques the curiosity a bit, doesn't it?  Or is it just me?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#29]
There some people in FL who advertise paying a minimum of $150 for junk vehicles, plus they come out and get it. You just have to answer the door and hold out your hand for the check. I bet there is someone in your area just like them. If the cops clear it and leave it up to you, check Craigslist or local classifieds. Thats ammo money!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Watch your ass.  The owner is probably nearby.  In any case, he may come back around to get the truck.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

It won't start no plates, wire have been cut underneath the dash, can't see the vin as some paper is on top of it,  the business on the side no longer exist and there is a bunch of shit in the back of it.  The key is in the ignition.  I have called the cops and will have to get it towed.  The sheriff dept said not to mess around with it until they come out.

What say ar15.com

my options are to have it towed and probably cost me money and never see it again

try to get it runnig and give it to a charity

take it to someones pp and blow it the fuck up

those are my choices right now.  I prefer the later, I guess I will have to wait and see what the popo say.  I'm sure there are some MO peeps who wouldn't mind blowing up a truck!

Chain it up and drag it into the road. Then it's the cops' problem.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No I'm not leaving this there either, its at my strip mall, and I'm already having a hard enough time renting the place out.

strip mall...darn...I guess Tannerite is out of the question then.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Watch your ass.  The owner is probably nearby.  In any case, he may come back around to get the truck.

He said it's parked at his strip mall. I say call up the tow company and sell it to them to cover the storage/parking fee that the owner has incurred. It's abandoned, it doesn't run and the owner is wanted by the police, it's not like he's going to call them up and tell them that somebody stole his truck and it's not likely they would care anyway especially when the OP has already called them to report it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There some people in FL who advertise paying a minimum of $150 for junk vehicles, plus they come out and get it. You just have to answer the door and hold out your hand for the check. I bet there is someone in your area just like them. If the cops clear it and leave it up to you, check Craigslist or local classifieds. Thats ammo money!

I'm going to make some calls tomorrow, I have 4 days to see if this is worth anthing to me.  I might even try to reconnect the wire and see if it will start.  The owner is not coming back, hell the guy is probably dead somewhere.  Noone leaves a car with the keys in it and then cuts the wire under the dash and plans to come back.  Either way its not going to cost me any $, maybe I can make a little.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

strip mall...darn...I guess Tannerite is out of the question then.

Yeah that would be bad for my windows.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Use it for target practice until they tow it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#37]
FIRE!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Use it for target practice until they tow it.

Again I would love to but then I will end up a wanted man since the road is oh say 50 feet away and has a pretty good traffic flow.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
FIRE!!!!!

I wish I could

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#41]
1. Find two friends.  Two because you need one to hold the video camera and one to hold your beer.  

2. Shoot the shit out of the truck, burn it then blow it up.  Make sure your face shows well in the video.  

3. Post the video on youtube.

4. Wait for police.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Where's the pics of this rust bucket?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you really need pictures of a white pickup truck with a bunch of shit in it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and MS paint diagram of your yard and such and possible entry/exit routes of perps.

And we need pics after you blow it up too, but that goes without saying.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#46]

2L bottle of Tannerite, babeh!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tell the police or sheriff to get it off your property.

Without a title, it's an eyesore.  There's probably some common law rule that says it's yours if it has been abandoned on your property but you'll probably have to run a legal notice in the nearby paper with a warning that you're going to seize the pickup if the owner doesn't show up in 30 days.

Your other option is to simply make the pickup, and this thread, disappear.  Your truck will pull it easily.  

If nothing else, drag it a half mile down the road and re-abandon it on the side of the road - the more it blocks the right of way, the sooner the local police will take care of the problem.

It will be off my property in 4 days or less.  Free of charge tow yards apparently love these things.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#48]

use it for ballistic testing thne as a target

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck ya
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck ya

OK but it might be a while I'm filling teeth right now give me an hour or so and I will get a picture(s).

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top