Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:42:40 AM EDT
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/17/flashback_obama_pledges_missile_defense_against_iran_in_april.html

President Obama on April 5, 2009: "So let me be clear: Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile activity poses a real threat, not just to the United States, but to Iran's neighbors and our allies. The Czech Republic and Poland have been courageous in agreeing to host a defense against these missiles. As long as the threat from Iran persists, we will go forward with a missile defense system that is cost-effective and proven. (Applause.) If the Iranian threat is eliminated, we will have a stronger basis for security, and the driving force for missile defense construction in Europe will be removed."

Obama made his remarks in Prague.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
cost-effective and proven.

He always includes an out.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
"Listen to my words, and pay no attention to my actions."

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cost-effective and proven.

He always includes an out.

He's got a point.  Our new systems have yet to sucessfully intercept an enemy missile.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Liars lie, whodathunkit?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
All things to all people.
He really is the black jeebus

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/17/flashback_obama_pledges_missile_defense_against_iran_in_april.html

President Obama on April 5, 2009: "So let me be clear: Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile activity poses a real threat, not just to the United States, but to Iran's neighbors and our allies. The Czech Republic and Poland have been courageous in agreeing to host a defense against these missiles. As long as the threat from Iran persists, we will go forward with a missile defense system that is cost-effective and proven. (Applause.) If the Iranian threat is eliminated, we will have a stronger basis for security, and the driving force for missile defense construction in Europe will be removed."

Obama made his remarks in Prague.

I think the US has been put on notice,  Iran HAS a weapon.
The zero is backpedaling.........

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Please see the other two threads on this topic. Pulling GBI from Europe does not mean not deploying BMD in Europe. Land-based SM-3 is the front-runner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Muthafucka sure can talk.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Mother Fucker dont have lying eyes, his ears stick out when he lies. GEE Mr. President what big ears you have.Wthose ears you look like a Black Hawk Helicopter.  OUIT lying to the American people !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top