Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:41:11 AM EDT
Well. It just HAD to happen. A non-driving LEO interaction, due to me playing stupid games! I was doing some plumbing & repairs inside a newly purchased FEMA trailer that was parked on the little dead end side street along with my truck, my "Spidey Sense" started tingling. (Maybe I heard the car door slam..) I looked out the window and walking across my lawn is a local PD officer.

I exited the trailer, and met him in the yard. He was concerned that my garage door was open and said that there had been a bunch of break ins and wanted to be sure everything was ok. I introduced myself & told him that I should probably keep the door closed when I'm not in view of it (Pretty dumb of me.) and thanked him for checking. He said, "That's what we're here for." Darn nice guy, though all of our locals seem pretty cool & helpful.    

I also let him know that on weekend nights a slow roll patrol here might scatter some underage drug activity, next door & thanked him again.

No animals were harmed, though I was a bit nervous the cat would get uppity & initiate a pre-programmed response sequence.  

Notes to self:

Don't leave garage door WFO when I can't see the front of the house. Dumb.

Don't leave MTM gun cleaning cradle & multiple 3 or 4 Bore Snakes hanging in full view of everybody with garage door open. Dumb.

A 100% positive interaction & I learned a couple of things.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Not even a forced blood draw?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wait.....what?

LOL!

I have never had any issue with the good guys, but just wanted to relate a positive story. I'll continue to bash the peckerwoods, though! Gotta be sure to give credit where it's due, as positive reinforcement is a good motivator & can bring nothing but good.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not even a forced blood draw?

I actually WAS bleeding a bit. I was plumbing, for fuck's sake!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top