Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 8:18:39 AM EDT
With the price of Gold and Silver both climbing

Would you trade in your Gold for Silver?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Why? wouldnt make sense to go from one metal to another unless you are wanting to increase quantities 1 gold coin compared to 10 silver, etc
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I dumped the last of my silver yesterday for a very nice profit.  I made almost enough on it to buy a lathe.

In my opinion silver is in a bubble relative to gold right now.  Take that for what you want.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I traded in the Golden State for the Silver State
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Silver is very under valued now.

Considering the state of our nation, it's going to go very high in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#5]
There is overhead with virtually any sort of trade in real life.

Speaking theoretically, as to the valuation of gold v silver right at this moment, yes, one would probably come out ahead to exchange gold for silver.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Considering the state of our nation, it's going to go very high in the near future.

Undervalued?  It's currently at 3 times the value it's been at for nearly 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Depends, do you believe in SHTF and the need for smaller currency for bread and stuff?

Do you have physical gold and wanting to trade it for physical silver? If so you wont get the current market rate for gold and will probably pay a few points over what silver is trading for at the time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been buying gold, silver, and coins for years with the long term sale in mind. I'd keep all my goods as is for now, but if forced would trade gold for silver, & silvers been my concentration for a bit now. Figure an ounce of gold is worth about 50 ounces of silver (@ 1000/ounce vs. 20/ounce. I know 20 is high for silver, but makes the math easy). Say both metals go up $1. Gold, you made a dollar. Silver, you made 50. So obviously with gold you have a more solid sustained value but silver is where the biggest profit potential is. Todays economy? Silver all the way. Its sure not going down anytime soon.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Everyone!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I dunno the industrial market for silver is not near what it was.  The photo industry used a lot of silver.  Real photography is about all gone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#11]
From various things I have read I personally believe
we have less silver than we are led to think we have.

That being said it looks like the, I should just stay put

Again thank you to all
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Historically the split between gold and silver should not be this great, silver should be around $100 oz. but it's being suppressed just like gold is, and like the stock market is being inflated. Wait until the game fails, you'll be glad you had silver. Right now I can see the only advantage in having gold is it's transportability, other than that silver is where it's at.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Undervalued?  It's currently at 3 times the value it's been at for nearly 30 years.

yep.

and only going to go higher.

ever wonder what the value will be once our dollar can no longer be propped up by the false manipulations of the fed?

I see $2500 an oz in December 2010.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Historically the split between gold and silver should not be this great, silver should be around $100 oz. but it's being suppressed just like gold is, and like the stock market is being inflated. Wait until the game fails, you'll be glad you had silver. Right now I can see the only advantage in having gold is it's transportability, other than that silver is where it's at.

That is my gut feeling

I don't have much but I have more silver than gold.

I just wish I would have started collecting sooner

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

ever wonder what the value will be once our dollar can no longer be propped up by the false manipulations of the fed?

Okay, so then you expect gold in relation to be at $148,235 / oz?  

maybe i'm crazy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Recent news suggests that the IMF is going to dump over 400 tons of gold into the market.

If you're going to buy gold, I'd wait until the price drops when the above happens.

I've got silver and gold, but primarily silver in various forms.  I bought some junk silver (pre-64 coins) @ ~$14/oz approximately 6-8 months ago.  I think spot's at $17+ now.

The rest of my silver and gold were handed down from my grandparent's death (20+years ago) or purchased roughly during the same time frame.

If the SHTF, I've got enough to barter with, but I'm not hedging my bets on precious metals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#17]
My fillings stay where they are.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Okay, so then you expect gold in relation to be at $148,235 / oz?  

maybe i'm crazy.

Try to relax bro....everything is going to be OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top