Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 8:11:30 AM EDT
I don't get all the signs and talk of Czars.  What exactly is the issue?  Reagan started that, all the presidents since then did it.  Why is it an issue now?  I think people are protesting stuff that either they don't understand or are doing it just to protest Obama without a thought.  My question is about the Czar issue, not a generic hate for Obama.  I could care less about the guy, but I want to know why this seems to be an issue.

Note to guy with "More czars than the USSR" sign... The USSR never had any Czars.  The Bolsheviks overthrew Czarist Russia's government and murdered the royal family.  They were the very definition of anti-czarist action.  The idiocy of talking about the USSR and Czars next to a guy holding a sign against Marxism is crushing.  Unless of course their anti-czar message is in support of Marxism.  I somehow doubt they want that.  If you're going to protest, please make sense.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they were being Czarcastic.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Having a taxpayer funded position(plus staff I think each one of these guys costs us 2 million or so a year) in our government with the legal authority our Czars have and no oversight whatsoever has always been bad. I mean FFS, the President can just wake up one day and decide he wants a Czar for something and bam the next day a position exists with no review or confirmation hearings but somehow they have authority that was never granted to them by any taxpayer or one of our representatives.

The system just has never been abused to the level that Obama has abused it since he is making czars for everything. I believe he has more czars now than all the previous presidents combined and he just keeps making more.

Since it hasn't been abused it hasn't been on the radar and now that it is I hope the process ends rather than gets legitimized but I think there is almost no chance of that happening.

ed. for gramamr
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, if the issue is just a high ranking appointed official, its beer around a lot longer than even Reagan.  Appointees at that level are commonplace and Obama is hardly doing anything new.  In fact Bush probably expanded it more than anyone.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe they were being Czarcastic.

I see what you did there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top