Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:14:41 AM EDT
Ok guys, the price of Silver is at about $17.30  per ounce, and Gold is at about $1015.  (Wow)  How
much higher can it really go?  I'm already on the Silver train, should I still keep buying, or should I
wait to see if the price comes back down a little?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to call ...

It may be better to get your hands on it ASAP.

If the price goes down, I don't think it will be by much.
This time next year, it's really gonna be high.

ETA: if you are going through your change, here's a handy link.
It calculates " spot " price of the metal content, of the particular coin.... Not collector value.

http://www.coinflation.com/
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The way to make money, I am told, is to buy low and sell high.  Are the silver prices higher than historic prices?

SRM
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The way to make money, I am told, is to buy low and sell high.  Are the silver prices higher than historic prices?

SRM

Yes, but keep in mind, that just a small fraction of federal simulous money has been spent.  We are just now starting to monetize the debt.  This is probably the time to buy.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmmmm, but these are uncharted territories we are in. I don't think Gold or Silver has ever been this high before. Has it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmmm, but these are uncharted territories we are in. I don't think Gold or Silver has ever been this high before. Has it?

Yeah, adjusted for inflation gold was much higher during the Carter administration.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't realize silver was still that low, I figured it would be much higher given where gold is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
so where the hell does one buy silver?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have bought some thru here....usually ships pretty fast...

https://www.apmex.com/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

some of the funshows have coin / precious metal dealers... be sure to check prices before you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top