Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2009 11:03:50 PM EDT
Thank you grandmaster Ass!!

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
source?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope you're joking.  Just canceled?  Without even using it to get concessions from Russia or China?  You'd think our President doesn't know what he's doing.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good.

yeah, defensive technology sucks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]

if we had the ability to make ourselves invulnerable to ballistic missiles, it would mean that nukes once again become a viable weapon that doesn't see a threat of symetric retalliation....meaning, if we had a functional and relaible missile shield, we could strong arm everyone because we could nuke without being nuked back....this is an advantage, I think that we shouldn't sacrifice for principle...or god....or anything else....this was national defense in purest terms....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
source?

Reuters / NZZ ( it helps that I can read German )
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Source or BS, no way they would randomly pull the GBIs out of their silos and dismantle the radars with no congressional oversight or reaction.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

no kidding, the only reason russia was pissed is because all of a sudden, western europe has a defense against their nukes.  doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Good.  One less wasteful government spending project for the military contractor welfare system.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope you're joking.  Just canceled?  Without even using it to get concessions from Russia or China?  You'd think our President doesn't know what he's doing.  

He does know EXACTELY what he has to do to destroy the US.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Wasting money on useless junk sucks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

if we had the ability to make ourselves invulnerable to ballistic missiles, it would mean that nukes once again become a viable weapon that doesn't see a threat of symetric retalliation....meaning, if we had a functional and relaible missile shield, we could strong arm everyone because we could nuke without being nuked back....this is an advantage, I think that we shouldn't sacrifice for principle...or god....or anything else....this was national defense in purest terms....

If I had to reckon I would say we had that 20 years ago

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good.  One less wasteful government spending project for the military contractor welfare system.

I see the Chincom Trolls are already awake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

too bad the technology works

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#16]
again, source please
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Which is exactly why the Russians are pissed/scared out of their minds about it, right?  Because it's all bullshit that doesn't work, correct?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1115272.html

By News Agencies

[li]
Tags: U.S. missile shield, Poland

The White House will shelve Bush administration plans to build a
missile-defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic, the Wall
Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing current and former U.S.
officials.
The decision, likely to help ease tensions with Russia which has
opposed the missile shield plans, will be based on a U.S.
"determination that Iran's long-range missile program has not
progressed as rapidly as previously estimated, reducing the threat to
the continental U.S. and major European capitals," the paper said.
In March, United States President Barack Obama dismissed as
inaccurate a New York Times report claiming he had offered to scrap the
plans if Russia works to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Advertisement

"The New York Times didn't accurately characterize the letter," Obama
said following that report. "What I said in the letter [To Russian
President Medvedev] is the same thing that I've said publicly, which is
that the missile defense that we have talked about deploying is
directed towards not Russia, but Iran."
Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice last year called
Russia's negative reaction to the U.S.-Polish missile shield agreement
"borders on the bizarre," but denied Washington wanted a confrontation
with Moscow.
Since the end of the Cold War, the West had tried to encourage
closer cooperation, including on such issues as the Middle East,
nuclear non-proliferation and the Iranian nuclear program, Rice said.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Source or BS, no way they would randomly pull the GBIs out of their silos and dismantle the radars with no congressional oversight or reaction.

http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/international/us-raketenschild_1.3584404.html

Happy now? Headline is that the US does cancel the ABMShield because they helieve that Iran is years behind in their program to build ICBM`s.

What a bunch of idiots.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Here ya go:   LINK

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
There are a lot of interesting things going on now with the whole Anti-Missile shield thing for Europe. If they do decided to pull the ground based interceptors we've been considering for Poland, and other places, no biggie. We have some other toys that may work just as well there. Waiting for source for latest rumor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#23]
We were discussing in another thread the moments Russia and the US had come close to nuclear war, which sometimes involved the launch of a single missile that spooked the other side. With a small scale missile defense capability, that single missile is no longer a cause for WWIII. I guess it will be now!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Works against what?  Is the big bad bear going to nuke us?  Is China going to blow up all the money they invested in us?  I suppose we need an anti Ballistic Missile Shield to stop all those ICBMs falling on us instead of using the money to acquire things useful for our next war.  So glad we put all that loot into nuclear subs and next gen fighters instead of Strykers and up-armored HMMWV's.  The guy on the ground gets fucked while the pork flows.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone else besides me wish the Cold War was till on? Seriously... This Mickey Mouse bullshit has been ruining this nation for the last 20 years..
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#26]
What did you expect from a community organizer?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay, sorry about calling BS, but walking away from the European based silo field and radar isn't the same thing as canceling national missile defense, on the contrary, sea based NMD is moving forward along with expanding the GBI fleet. The topic headline is misleading.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Okay, sorry about calling BS, but walking away from the European based silo field and radar isn't the same thing as canceling national missile defense, on the contrary, sea based NMD is moving forward along with expanding the GBI fleet. The topic headline is misleading.

Wanna guess what he cancels next?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Works against what?  Is the big bad bear going to nuke us?  Is China going to blow up all the money they invested in us?  I suppose we need an anti Ballistic Missile Shield to stop all those ICBMs falling on us instead of using the money to acquire things useful for our next war.  So glad we put all that loot into nuclear subs and next gen fighters instead of Strykers and up-armored HMMWV's.  The guy on the ground gets fucked while the pork flows.

Perhaps you've not been paying attention, but the North Koreans have been steadily working on ICBMs and nukes to outfit them with for years now.  And they hate our guts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#30]
WTF is with all the trolls lately?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Meh, fuck Europe. I'd rather see a defense system for our country, not a bunch of ungrateful eurofags.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Perhaps you've not been paying attention, but the North Koreans have been steadily working on ICBMs and nukes to outfit them with for years now.  And they hate our guts.

You do realize that the missile defense shield they are talking about is in Europe, not Asia don't you? We can't do shit about NK because they are pretty far from us. The best thing to do is put up systems in Japan and SK, but I don't they were referring to that in the articles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

You do realize that the missile defense shield they are talking about is in Europe, not Asia don't you? We can't do shit about NK because they are pretty far from us. The best thing to do is put up systems in Japan and SK, but I don't they were referring to that in the articles.

Obama is against the whole shebang.  They've done all but cancel the airborne laser project.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Replace NK with Iran and then he is 101% correct.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

And they can almost hit Japan now!  Better break out the bomb shelters...

Forgive my rusty German, but isn't this about an anti missile shield in europe?  Does it protect us from those hypothetical nukes that NK may have that they can put on a missile that might maybe make it to the sea of Japan?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but please direct me to a source that suggests that North Korea is anywhere close to hitting us with anything that can get intercepted by the system that the OP is saying will be shut down/canceled.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Forgive my rusty German, but isn't this about an anti missile shield in europe?  Does it protect us from those hypothetical nukes that NK may have that they can put on a missile that might maybe make it to the sea of Japan?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but please direct me to a source that suggests that North Korea is anywhere close to hitting us with anything that can get intercepted by the system that the OP is saying will be shut down/canceled.

Your German must be very rusty because the EUropean missile shiled was supposed to protect the US from ICBM`s coming in from Iran, not NK.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

They can't hit Jerusalem let alone New Jersey with a nuke.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

They can't hit Jerusalem let alone New Jersey with a nuke.

And you want to wait till they CAN? The DU`h is strong in your case.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna guess what he cancels next?

There's a lot of potential money to be made (by selling to our Allies) with THAAD, Patriot-Whatever the latest version is, and a proposed ground based SM-3 system. Integrate those systems, scattered around Europe, connected to our version of SKYNET, heheh, and there you go. There are some other systems they are considering "Connecting" together, like the ARROW system, but, Europe is not totally doomed if we do pull the plug on the Ground Based system. I try to be a little more accurate with my descriptions of our latest and greatest, but it's late, and I don't have the last few months of Aviation Week and Space Technology memorized - They really did a good job of covering this scenario a month or two back.   Nite..................................
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Your German must be very rusty because the EUropean missile shiled was supposed to protect the US from ICBM`s coming in from Iran, not NK.

I think I was replying to someone claiming that NK was the problem.  Your English must be worse than my German if you missed the quoted portion of my post.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
source?

I saw it on Fox news.

We all knew this was coming.

Well, maybe the Europeans won't worship Obama so much now that they will be vulnerable to every middle eastern shithole that gets nukes and old Russian short-medium range missiles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
source?

I saw it on Fox news.

We all knew this was coming.

Well, maybe the Europeans won't worship Obama so much now that they will be vulnerable to every middle eastern shithole that gets nukes and old Russian short-medium range missiles.

The missile shield was supposed to protect the eastcoast of the US. Protecting the Europeans was not the main reason to build it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think I was replying to someone claiming that NK was the problem.  Your English must be worse than my German if you missed the quoted portion of my post.[/quote]

Definitely not my English. But I really failed to pay close attention this time. D`oh.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ah, Azzjizm is back wearing his Bear suit . . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Fucking kenyan asshole!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:08:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There are no GBI's or US radars for ballistic missile defense in Europe because we haven't put them there yet - hell, the holes aren't even dug yet, much less silo/SIVs installed.

This is no surprise to us on the program, I knew this was going to happen eventually since Nov. 5th.

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#47]
One more step in dismantling America's ability to survive.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:44:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thank you grandmaster Ass!!

He's killing the military quicker and with far more efficiency than even Clinton, an administration that nearly took away our ability to war fight on two fronts (hence our continued burdens with Iraq and A-stan).

Democrats are a cancer to national defense.

America will be lucky to survive this ass-hat's reign.  

I just hope it doesn't go eight years.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh my GOD, what a fucking IDIOT!

Someone remove this six foot TURD from office, PLEASE! I mean what the FUCK. Beyond the obvious, the Poles and Czech stuck their necks out for us and now the president him-fucking-self lops their heads off for a nebulous promise from Russia to LOL it up with Tehran a little more and get vague statements that they'll develop nukes slightly more slowly?

STUPID. MOTHERFUCKER.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#50]
well he did say that he would do it during the campaign
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top