Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 1:34:47 PM EDT
...and who sleep in unknown graves. -Quote on the wall of the MIA section of the Cemetery and Memorial

I am visiting the Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial in Margraten Netherlands.  Talk about powerful.  I have never been to anything like this, it is overwhelming to say the least...I think even more so when there is a family connection.  

"Stretching along the sides of the court are Tablets of the Missing on which are recorded 1,722 names. Rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified."  

The reason we are here... that is also one of the reasons my name is David.

"Beyond the tower is a burial area divided into 16 plots, where rest 8,301 of our military dead, their headstones set in long curves. A wide, tree-lined mall leads to the flagstaff that crowns the crest."

View looking back towards the Memorial and entrance through the cemetery.

If anyone thinks they have a relatives name on the MIA wall(Netherlands Operations) let me know, I took photos of every section of the MIA wall!  I will give you the photo from that section.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good link to have.

And thanks for the pics, as well.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting this.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good link to have.

And thanks for the pics, as well.  

Yeah, I did not know that there were that many cemetery's throughout the world and their locations.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT for anyone who might possibly have names on the wall of the missing here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top